japanese akita x greyhound

it could have been down to him ,after all a lot of people cant manage a terrier.

No this lad has years of experience with guard, bull and mastiff breeds. He knows his stuff. They were bred and trained as guard dogs but were too unstable.

Could this not be one of not many,this pup came from a family they had 3 kids and 4 akita's 2 male 2 female aged between 5 and 7,they never turned on him kids other dogs or his cat :hmm: and its not about the full breed its about crossing an akita over a greyhound! I could understand some sayng its pointless if they were completely soft had no instict at all but you would want some aggression in there or they would be heartless and useless in the field! Everything about the akita still states a handy cross maybe!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not just boars either  

It would of raped it

I've heard the "Saluki" theory also. But also heard the supposedly original breeder had mated his dog, which was called "Arab" with a bull type. "Arab" wasn't Saluki, but the name, as you say, added t

Posted Images

it could have been down to him ,after all a lot of people cant manage a terrier.

No this lad has years of experience with guard, bull and mastiff breeds. He knows his stuff. They were bred and trained as guard dogs but were too unstable.

Fair play he should stick to guard dog. :victory:

so it was down to him ,

I just put this up befor and for some reason it was removed without a pm to say why there wasnt anything wrong with it!

Anyway here goes,what do people think of the akita? Do you think it would be a handy dog to put over a greyhound? Maybe used for big game hunting etc! We have had debates on every other cross, i thought this breed will bring some diferent answer and some interesting ones!

UP HERE IN THE GLASGOW AREA ALL THE WOULD BE SCHEME GANGSTERS HAVE DITCHED STAFFIES 2 GET AKITAS. IN KEEPING WITH MOST SPITZ BREEDS,THEY AINT SAFE OFF THE LEASH. WHAT WOULD THEY BRING 2 A WORKING LURCHER EXCEPT HASSLE????

I worked in a kennel for about 5 years and the only dogs that ever bit me were a shar-pei and an akita,maybe i was unlucky but both of those breeds just seemed, like has been said unstable

As above not about the full breed mate,funny enough a member of my family works in the local kennels and manages to be bitten of alot of dogs!

I just put this up befor and for some reason it was removed without a pm to say why there wasnt anything wrong with it!

Anyway here goes,what do people think of the akita? Do you think it would be a handy dog to put over a greyhound? Maybe used for big game hunting etc! We have had debates on every other cross, i thought this breed will bring some diferent answer and some interesting ones!

UP HERE IN THE GLASGOW AREA ALL THE WOULD BE SCHEME GANGSTERS HAVE DITCHED STAFFIES 2 GET AKITAS. IN KEEPING WITH MOST SPITZ BREEDS,THEY AINT SAFE OFF THE LEASH. WHAT WOULD THEY BRING 2 A WORKING LURCHER EXCEPT HASSLE????

all depends what you was willing and able to hunt .i would say

These dog are obviously in the wrong hands,and can you explain more an=bout the hassel part to a working lurcher? :blink:

Lets think about most off us talking about this breed have never seen one in the field have never seen one in person or know any one you has one that is working it in this day off age.So how do we all know that it will be no good??? You all go on about they attack other dogs and people but sure is it not the pit bull terrier not knowing around the world for this???? and is it not the pit bull terrier that is breed till fight other dogs?. But most off your will jump at the chance and most off yea have bull cross so what is the diffence most luchers that are for big game are breed out off fighting dogs or guard dogs (wheaten , bull ,gs ,kerryblue) the list can go on and on.So lets not jump in two feed and put down across because if no one put a (wheaten,bull.gs.kerryblue coille, saulk, etc) too a greyhound how would we have the dogs we have too day some people on this site just dont want to try new things but if we didnt how would we know if they are any good or not?? :thumbs:

• Like 1

Lets think about most off us talking about this breed have never seen one in the field have never seen one in person or know any one you has one that is working it in this day off age.So how do we all know that it will be no good??? You all go on about they attack other dogs and people but sure is it not the pit bull terrier not knowing around the world for this???? and is it not the pit bull terrier that is breed till fight other dogs?. But most off your will jump at the chance and most off yea have bull cross so what is the diffence most luchers that are for big game are breed out off fighting dogs or guard dogs (wheaten , bull ,gs ,kerryblue) the list can go on and on.So lets not jump in two feed and put down across because if no one put a (wheaten,bull.gs.kerryblue coille, saulk, etc) too a greyhound how would we have the dogs we have too day some people on this site just dont want to try new things but if we didnt how would we know if they are any good or not?? :thumbs:

:clapper::clapper: I would like to say thankyou very much thats exactly my point mate there one extra thing that comes with an akita they have good feet,hunting insticts there,cunningness it goes on! :thumbs:

Why is it some people cant see by the end of there nose.Tell me one thing where this breed would do better than the well knowen breeds

Why is it some people cant see by the end of there nose.Tell me one thing where this breed would do better than the well knowen breeds

who knows untill you try ,you wont know

who knows untill you try ,you wont know

Well mate been in the game 35 years this breed will never make it as a lurcher.Got nothing to give

I am sure it would have a lot of outstanding attributes as a working dog, strong,fearless,fast and big but not all of us if we are really honest are the best dog trainers with the time and patience that would be needed for these dogs, a lot of us incorporate our dogs in our daily lives as well as our working ones too, I have met Akitas and Akita crosses,. they are magnificent dogs but hard work and time consuming. In the right hands a fantastic tool, in the wrong hands a fantastic tool !