I buy cheap Dunlop 12 euro a pair bang a pair of insoles in them I get about two year's out of them and for a couple of hour's a day seven day's a week more or less all year round.

Like the grub stalkers £80 great sole vibran and good ankle support

Just got them myself- great soles on them, the old feet don't feel like they've been beaten with sticks lol after a few miles in them

Dubarry....

Or muck boots (put metal sole studs in the sole, to extend their life)

• Like 1

All the Wellington manufacturers have us by the balls because they know we need them but the truth is that nowadays all Wellington boots are bad.

I wear wellies a few times every single day and how come a pair for 15 euro can last me 8 months (but I wouldn't like to wear them for 5 hours rough shooting) but a pair of 150 euro wont last 5 months.

Personally I think most expensive brand makers think we all stand at a peg shooting driven birds and the makers of the cheap brands think we mope around a yard mucking out a few ponies but nobody seems to make a good wearing affordable boot for those who spend hours walking in the countryside like they used too.

It pisses me off that there's no such thing as good wellies anymore.

most decent wellies have a 2 year warranty and if you get the right ones for your feet you can walk all day in them. I don't mind paying good money for comfy boots.

These are what I'm waiting for http://www.abbeydaledirect.co.uk/farming-products/wellies/aigle-parcours-2-enduro/ same as my last boots, £104 delivered that's £52 per year for quality comfy puncture resistant boots that I'm in a lot of the time. That seems cheap to me.

• Like 1

Just got them myself- great soles on them, the old feet don't feel like they've been beaten with sticks lol after a few miles in them

Very comfortable boot only down side I had was they only lasted me 8 months before they split on the crease were your toes bend.

take it you liked them just going to order another pair myself

take it you liked them just going to order another pair myself

Just back from doing an area (with BRIAN lol) thats as steep as it gets!! Their 100%

• Like 1

I tried Grubbs Stalkers, because they have Vibram soles. Can't remember why I didn't like them, but I went for Muck Tay instead, which were more comfy. The Muck boots only lasted a year and most of the time the grip was shite, won't get them again.

Cut shapes in muck boots on wet fields that would have made michael jackson envious, rand come away, and they split right across the heels, they're garbage don't last long either

• Like 1

I went on a welly mission few weeks agp andi end said fcuk it an made do with my old boot's, i tried few diff pairs an they were either tight or uncomfortable, then wife brought in a pair a cheap wellys from Yorkshire trading, said if i didnt like em she would give em her ole man for winter coming in, they have zip up side so aint tight, i stuck pair a insoles in em an so far they been spot on, aint walked miles in em but have beem on me feet allday around farm yard a few times, and they been faultless, hope they stay that way and at 60 quid easy replacing them

I've got them same wellies there spot on had them 3 year and there still going strong although one of the zips snapped but still wearable

On second pair of Mucks here. Bang on for the money. They do wear eventually, but i see it as a comfort/ cost trade off thing and i ain't got a problem with it. Have gone almost gone flying a time or two though!

Newer muck boots soles are better now, previous ones were deadly lol I'm on Dirt boots atm, like muck boots but a bit flimsier but cheaper :D there ok for about £35 delivered

Cheers, D.