@accip74

Probably four years ago I was about two hundred metres intona a forestry commission walk with my young son on my shoulders

There was a tree down across the path and we went round it to get back on the path

As I went back on the path no more than twenty feet in front of me a large black cat bigger than a fox crossed the path not very fast or bothered by us

I immediately turned and went back to the van

My son kind of remembers it

I spoke to someone who lives a few hundred meters from there recently and she has seen it crossing the road

It was about the size of a Labrador but had the thin curly cat tail and face

I'd say its a hybrid after reading cat country

That's not the only one I've seen

But most recent

If you google winkworth arboretum big cat there's a video of what looks like a lynx mooching around the arboretum

But I can't find the video only stills

I'm very impressed you've noticed what a sensible chap I am lol

• Like 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

Sudden spate around leafy Surrey

Godalming and guildford

is that in the same area as St. Albans ? the big cat tent at the frampton country fair had 20 report forms filled in weekend just gone that's 36 reported sightings at the two fairs the tent has been at near me this year, helps build a picture of hotspots and even helps figure out routes, have had a few in the area my cameras are in as well which is always reassuring, also saw the first edit of a documentary being put together which was quite good, especially the section on tooth pit identification on the bones of some of the kills, as it,s my favourite subject and it's been quiet for a while, I,ll throw another pic out for debate, got this a few weeks ago what are your opinions, the deer was still alive when found but unable to move so was this another deer rutting or the cat that has been seen on the same estate?

That's a poor effort lol

So what would the law be on shooting one at night ?? Just wondering why gamekeepers who are out lampung three nights a week have never shot one ????

there is know law regarding shooting a non existent animal, I know of two estates this year that have employed people to shoot a big cat because of sheep losses one is in Fife were sadly the cat has moved from an estate were we had 20 cameras up to one along the way we're they have employed a marksman the cat was taking sheep regularly and then fecked off straight after the cameras were installed, big cats are shot, killed in road collisions more than you will know most farmers don't want the publicity or repercussions so say nothing and cats hit by cars tend to run off before dying somewhere in the undergrowth though I know of a few taken away by police

@accip74

Probably four years ago I was about two hundred metres intona a forestry commission walk with my young son on my shoulders

There was a tree down across the path and we went round it to get back on the path

As I went back on the path no more than twenty feet in front of me a large black cat bigger than a fox crossed the path not very fast or bothered by us

I immediately turned and went back to the van

My son kind of remembers it

I spoke to someone who lives a few hundred meters from there recently and she has seen it crossing the road

It was about the size of a Labrador but had the thin curly cat tail and face

I'd say its a hybrid after reading cat country

That's not the only one I've seen

But most recent

If you google winkworth arboretum big cat there's a video of what looks like a lynx mooching around the arboretum

But I can't find the video only stills

I'm very impressed you've noticed what a sensible chap I am lol

though I,m sure there are quite a few hybrid cats around a black leopard is not a bigcat and normally stands around 18"-2ft tall, there is also quite a big size difference between males and females so a small female would look very much like a Kella cat, and as it's normally only a fleeting glimpse and we are not expecting it makes I'd ing them even harder, but thanks for your encounter I have hundreds like it on my iPad

Godalming and guildford

is that in the same area as St. Albans ? the big cat tent at the frampton country fair had 20 report forms filled in weekend just gone that's 36 reported sightings at the two fairs the tent has been at near me this year, helps build a picture of hotspots and even helps figure out routes, have had a few in the area my cameras are in as well which is always reassuring, also saw the first edit of a documentary being put together which was quite good, especially the section on tooth pit identification on the bones of some of the kills, as it,s my favourite subject and it's been quiet for a while, I,ll throw another pic out for debate, got this a few weeks ago what are your opinions, the deer was still alive when found but unable to move so was this another deer rutting or the cat that has been seen on the same estate?

Can´t there be DNA testing done on dead animals that are found Greyman. the one in that picture would be a good candidate as there are only two bite marks , they do it over here in Holland if there is a suspicion if there are wolf preying on sheep or animals that are found as roadkills to rule out wolfhybrids.

The police leak stuff all the time some for profit some just cause they want to.

How convient all these cats hit by cars/artics i presume àswell run off!

Farmers don't want publicity you say. Doesnt stop folk like you tramping through their land putting up a shit load of cameras.

The police leak stuff all the time some for profit some just cause they want to.

How convient all these cats hit by cars/artics i presume àswell run off!

Farmers don't want publicity you say. Doesnt stop folk like you tramping through their land putting up a shit load of cameras.

well thanks for that mate, my cameras are on private property, but the landowners ate totally unaware, I,m a 54 year old man that's spent most of my life poaching so slipping in and out to put up a few cameras is sound,the estate in Fife and other places we have large amounts of cameras on are at the request of the land owners but with a know publicity stipulation involved usually, and if you have ever hit a normal house cat you will see that it runs a fair way before dropping dead it's the nature of the animal, is it because I have cameras in Fife your getting angry? I don't do this to bullshit people I pass on what I find as I find it unless asked not to, so all these innuendo,s I,m making it up mean absolutely nothing to me you can accept it or not that's your choice, I have seen and have much more stuff than I can show you for the reasons mentioned but one thing I,m not into is bullshit, would also mention that withing our group we have several police officers and a lady CID so I am fully aware of what the police,s stance is on this, for the lads on the other side of the Severn bridge we seem to be getting a growing number of raccoons reported in the Forest of Dean in the last year or so,

Godalming and guildford

Can´t there be DNA testing done on dead animals that are found Greyman. the one in that picture would be a good candidate as there are only two bite marks , they do it over here in Holland if there is a suspicion if there are wolf preying on sheep or animals that are found as roadkills to rule out wolfhybrids.

this is an area of much argument every time DNA is sent off it comes back as fox or dog usually because the fox,s finish things off but also in my opinion the labs are not allowed to confirm the truth plus it's not cheap, that neck wound is to dry to swab for DNA, believe it or not saliva contains no DNA at all and what you are looking for is a few dead skin cells withing the saliva, the Australians have a simular situation as us with black cats especially in the ottways and there is a guy that goes on YouTube having collected pooh samples from zoo,s in the leopards enclosure he sends them off to the government lab claiming he found it in his garden, and every sample he has sent off comes back with a note from the lab saying its a dog, so I don't believe them, had this one swabbed earlier this year again it came back as being fox what do you recon it was a large lamb at bedtime and this by breakfast

post-102539-0-93137400-1505400469_thumb.jpg

post-102539-0-37735700-1505400499_thumb.jpeg

post-102539-0-94703700-1505400522_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Men in black vans with automatic weapons turning up to collect and cover up big cat corpses, every DNA lab in the country (and Australia too!) forced to lie about results and all this shadowy evidence that can't be shown to the public for vague reasons :hmm:

All seems very hard to believe and the fact that this massive conspiracy is the only way to explain the fact there's been no concrete evidence found just make the whole British Big Cats thing even more unbelievable TBH.

• Like 1

Men in black vans with automatic weapons turning up to collect and cover up big cat corpses, every DNA lab in the country (and Australia too!) forced to lie about results and all this shadowy evidence that can't be shown to the public for vague reasons :hmm:

All seems very hard to believe and the fact that this massive conspiracy is the only way to explain the fact there's been no concrete evidence found just make the whole British Big Cats thing even more unbelievable TBH.

you are just a turd so stop wasting your time talking to me as I,m not interested in playing your silly games if you want a rise put some shoes on, leave mums spare room and start fly fishing
  • Like 1

you are just a turd so stop wasting your time talking to me as I,m not interested in playing your silly games if you want a rise put some shoes on, leave mums spare room and start fly fishing

If I was addressing you I would have quoted you, I was just making a general comment in an open thread on a public message board. I see you still felt the need to respond with a pathetic barrage of personal insults though. Guess it's easier to get a rise out of you than you thought, I managed it without even trying! :laugh: :laugh:

On a positive note, I've just heard on the radio that the snow leopard is no longer considered an endangered species :-)

the trouble with things like the snow leopard they are such an elusive secretive animal and live in some seriously tough environment so it's really easy to say they are endangered and claim thousands in donations to save them, when they were never really endangered we just never looked hard enough in the first place, I,m glad I never paid £3 a month for a shit cuddly toy that helped them in absolutely no way what so ever
  • Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic