Ill Informed Idiots

Problem with the media is bad news spreads further and wider than good news, "thugs train killer dogs to savage Bambi" or "local kids spend weekend ferreting", would you ever see the latter on the front page even though it happens 100x more than first? Facebook doesn't help as it gives idiots imediate access to millions more idiots, but was it not the ban that attracted half of these idiots to the game in the first place?

• Like 3

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

how can you educate the idiot public when we cant keep our own house in order, a swift look on fb sites convinces me im surrounded by fecking idiots getting into the dog game ,atb mc

Every book or magazine article written on fieldsports is or at least should be written to show the true facts about our way of life. BUT, these articles and stories are in mags and books that we, our

C4 would probably go for it as long as you marry the lurcher , have its nose pierced get your nob tattooed and weigh stone!

If she is walking other folks dogs I would go and see the other dog owners and explain how she is letting there dogs run amuck and not be on the lead I know if I had too pay someone too walk my dogs I sure as hell would not want them off the lead running round even if it was a pet could you imagine. Some one coming back and saying sorry your dog got run over cos it was off the lead and dint listen

• Like 1

I remember countryfile showing a feature on the evils of hare coursing, a while later they done one on ferrets and their traditional use as a rabbit controller ,you cannot have it both ways.

Other than genuine fieldsport and country enthusiasts, does anyone really know or care what is happening out on the land ?

• Like 1

I remember countryfile showing a feature on the evils of hare coursing, a while later they done one on ferrets and their traditional use as a rabbit controller ,you cannot have it both ways.

Other than genuine fieldsport and country enthusiasts, does anyone really know or care what is happening out on the land ?

i'd say not really. plenty though seem to want to share their opinions with the misguided masses via headline seeking media. we just keep our heads down and carry on. shame that any time we want to get our side across it always seems to get the worst sort of publicity. like said earlier though , plenty of so called dog men do no good for our cause either .

the interesting thing is that the power of the media only affects folk who have no other source of information. i haVe lost track of the number of people i have come across over the years who had a hostile attitude to hunting, and yet with a reasoned, calm conversation many change their view point. not all will support hunting but most will at least realise there are two sides to every story. i've taken lots of ignorant people for a morning out with the ferrets and brought them round to my point of view, and even had two who ended up getting into ferreting themselves. yes there will always be some who dont want to be educated, but most folk will come round, at least to a degree, if we try our best to do the right thing by them.

• Like 4

Iworkwippets what happened

Simples matey, and i hold my hands up, fare cop, tuther side of the fence, i could see the farmer in the distance, and he could see me, then came 5 lads on quads, i cant outrun them :laugh: they chucked me up against a five bar gate i was about to climb over. beauty of it all, they said if i had come to the farm and asked fer permission, they would have allowed me onto their land, so i asked, and i got

• Like 5

I had this shit happen to me to, not out with the lurcher but out with my dobes. Dumb dog walking lass with 7 dogs not a single one under any kind of control.
First one came over the bridge over the canal, growled at my dobes (who I had sat next to me, had a feeling this was all gonna unfold) then another came across, then the bird going "winston, julie come on, then 3 more followed her, then a f****n massive mastiff came over...........then the rest
Now I aint prejudice against any kind of dog but this fool couldn't even control the two shitzus that came over first, let alone a 12 stone Mastiff, so while she is tryin to grab all these dogs I said "aw come on, you're starting to take the piss now" Anyway once she managed to collect these dogs with the help of a passer by she went back over the bridge and screamed "Your dogs should be muzzled, they are vicious so that nearby walkers could hear her" what a prick I thought "f**k off" is what I shouted, the passer by that helped her just looked baffled, lol.

Edited by Matt Vandart