UP THE DALES ,,, done the ton again

Patently obvious to anyone who actually runs regularly, the dogs don't just go out and catch the rabs, schooling, training, fitness, conditioning, diet, getting the gear in front of the dogs, having the time

determination to do all these and more (for both man and mutt). THEN, you've still got to have the land, conditions and possibly a bit of luck to bag up.

Cheers, D.

:thumbs: :thumbs: Yep that just about sums things up D ;) the likes of Chalkie,Romany,MB,Tomo,Jim,Woodga & Co,young Shaunovderby,my own lads and several others who are or have been NUMBERS men know that it takes just a bit more than what some seem to think to catch these types of hauls? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Edited by poacherspocket22

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had a cracking night last night with poacherspocket, and his sons frankel, and ginnyspinner frankel had don, and ginnyspiner had the labradoor ,,, the plan was to drop frankel and ginny on one far

im supriced at the few people that think its easy ,,, let me just add we were at it from 9 pm til around 4 am,, then driving round pic up points, then hanging them on the gate ect,,,, left the land

well you have a point to a certain degree doggy bag,, and i suppose if your judging a lurcher it should be on all round ability,, unless of course it is a purpose bred dog...   you will notice thr

Never knocked the lads or there dogs just keeping it real.

Fair point Weasle..i've only ever caught over a hundred twice in my life and i ain't no spring chicken lol and both times down in the Dales so that does tell some sort of story?...BUT to be honest i'd never even been down there until 3 or 4 years ago and having had superior hounds to what i now own i can only dream of what might of been?...i've had lots of other good scores from different areas but there just wasn't the same amount of bunnies to run and therefore obviously the end result is going to be therefore less? I know Markbrick has scored 100+ this season with several of his jukels...are they also easier down in Cornwall then? He and others say not,i can't at this moment comment but to me anyways i say it's a hell of a feat whatever way? I've been hunting long enough to know that even if game is abundant it will not just jump into the bag!!! There is some serious hard graft from canine/s and men to amass results of this ilk? ATB Andy. ;)

Patently obvious to anyone who actually runs regularly, the dogs don't just go out and catch the rabs, schooling, training, fitness, conditioning, diet, getting the gear in front of the dogs, having the time and determination to do all these and more (for both man and mutt). THEN, you've still got to have the land, conditions and possibly a bit of luck to bag up.

As I said/asked earlier, who else is doing it (MB excepted LOL), I know I'm certainly not as dedicated as these lads, although several on here say they are, where are they? :whistling::bad:

Cheers, D.

Didn't think of that :icon_redface: Wow you are a genius.You should write a book or something.

It's all down to the land imo and the numbers being there. Easy as that!

Nothing to do with how good the dog is or how fit it is?????Nothing to do with the work the dog and owner puts in??????Put it this way a half fit dog could not go up there and get numbers like that.So its not all about land and numbers it helps but its not as easy as that.
  • Like 2

having had the peasure to cacth thousands of rabbs, on the [bANNED TEXT] land a half cross collie or any greyhoundy mutt will cacth if fit and shooled , were as localy and other places only certain types of dogs shine i never ever thought lamping in secluded places in the hills of scotland difficult with permision ,simliar to dales ive alway thought big arable land fast qaurry tests a dog more as the cobby dog or half cross gets tailed chased even on lamp some nites ,ice man at this time of year your dog should be more than half fit , unless just coming of injury or heat , good sport the rabbs but never thought it a stern test on permisionjeep rifles dogs etc as its LEGAL and you have all the time in the world to mess about and no rush ,i once took p douglas out in 2 hrs 30 we nailed 48 he had a 2 hr drive he says can we go home i need to open the butcher shop up , i says no prob,we had luke maggie 11 month old pupd and my half beardie , great fun but never ever thpught it was difficult ,all the best to thosa that strive for good

It's all down to the land imo and the numbers being there. Easy as that!

Nothing to do with how good the dog is or how fit it is?????Nothing to do with the work the dog and owner puts in??????Put it this way a half fit dog could not go up there and get numbers like that.So its not all about land and numbers it helps but its not as easy as that.

Sorry icey was thinking of it from my own dogs point of veiw not yours, i do apolagize mate. Well done any lads.

What all the people who say "I wish I had that many rabbits down my way" ought to realise is these lads get in their cars and put the miles in to put the game in front of their dogs ! And how on earth anyone can crab these lads for doing big numbers is beyond me !! WELL DONE LADS !!! :thumbs:

Cheers.

I put in the miles aswell but no where in Ireland would you get the land to get that much work and they where not crabed by me that is great work the lads put in and as i said to them fairplay lads :thumbs:

spot on. :thumbs:

Ireland is sparsely populated with bunnys compared to a lot of parts in the uk and it would be, if ever, a once in a lifetime thing, to get that many here, most likely with only a few dogs..lol

great going lads, fair play. :thumbs:

Edited by Blue one

the thing with running the dales is it takes alot out of a dog most of the ground i run up there is really rough ground, ive seen fast dogs come a cropper up there dogs that usually run on winter wheat fields or grass fields often come off the dales lame as they run to fast and often hit walls or damage there selves on the roughness of the ground. well done lads and dogs on an exellent night