• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jack

Some of false peds dogs

Some of our stock

Posted Images

YOUR RIGHT GENERAL WHAT IS A PATTERDALE THERE CROSSED WITH STAFF....RUSSELL....LAKELAND.. OVER THE YEARS,,, I THINK THE ONLY MAN WHO CAN CALL A PAT A PATTERDALE IS B.NUTTAL :yes:

Tell me if im wrong but didnt he use border blood a wile back now?

TUFFTY

YOUR RIGHT GENERAL WHAT IS A PATTERDALE THERE CROSSED WITH STAFF....RUSSELL....LAKELAND.. OVER THE YEARS,,, I THINK THE ONLY MAN WHO CAN CALL A PAT A PATTERDALE IS B.NUTTAL :yes:

TUFFTY

ARE YOU TELLING ME HE DID OR YOU LOOKIN AT HIS STILE OF TERRIER HE BREEDS AND THINKING THERES BORDER BLOOD IN THEM

TUFFTY

ARE YOU TELLING ME HE DID OR YOU LOOKIN AT HIS STILE OF TERRIER HE BREEDS AND THINKING THERES BORDER BLOOD IN THEM

NO NO im NOT telling anybody anything.

I was lead to believe he had used border blood.

TUFFTY

patterdale is a name that just stuck when the black dogs became popular but brian nuttall has no more right to call them patterdales than say ken gould and even before them breay and buck all men mentioned help shape the dogs of today in a big way along with many others what you call them is a personal choice i call them black dogs others call them patterdales what really matters is how they work at end of the day. tho i think the name patterdale was used to decribe terriers from that area years before the black dogs were popular and they were black and tan red etc with broken coat what everybody would now call lakeland !

• Like 3

patterdale is a name that just stuck when the black dogs became popular but brian nuttall has no more right to call them patterdales than say ken gould and even before them breay and buck all men mentioned help shape the dogs of today in a big way along with many others what you call them is a personal choice i call them black dogs others call them patterdales what really matters is how they work at end of the day. tho i think the name patterdale was used to decribe terriers from that area years before the black dogs were popular and they were black and tan red etc with broken coat what everybody would now call lakeland !

FAIR POINT DEE MAC BUT THE POINT THAT WAS TRYING TO MAKE WAS NUTTAL HAS HIS STILE OF TERRIER WITCH I BELIEVE HAS NOT CHANGE IN 30 OR 40 YEARS ANYTHING OFF HIS YARD ALL LOOK THE SAME

FAIR POINT DEE MAC BUT THE POINT THAT WAS TRYING TO MAKE WAS NUTTAL HAS HIS STILE OF TERRIER WITCH I BELIEVE HAS NOT CHANGE IN 30 OR 40 YEARS ANYTHING OFF HIS YARD ALL LOOK THE SAME

The dogs that BN has bred in the last 10-15 years have little or no resemblence to what he was breeding 30-40 year ago,just look at the size difference he now breeds to suit a certain market mainly america.I have seen stuff he bred over 30 year year ago and there is no comparision.

• Like 5

The dogs that BN has bred in the last 10-15 years have little or no resemblence to what he was breeding 30-40 year ago,just look at the size difference he now breeds to suit a certain market mainly america.I have seen stuff he bred over 30 year year ago and there is no comparision.

they do fat man exactly the same and in the wtyb he was still going on about terriers that are to big 30 odd years ago

nuttalls miner was a quater border

IS THAT RIGHT SO WAS MINER HIS MANE STUD DOG

dont no mate dident no him or his dogs then i learned that of christian71 on this site and digdeep had a nuttall way breed dog what looked like a black border with miner in its pedagree Edited by coonboy

My mate has a black dog a fine stamp too and a great worker. Anyone we've met have always asked the breeding off the dog, his dam was a full Russell workerxworker bred down the years his sire was a borderxpatterdale same way bred just working stock digging dogs ! Is he a patterdale Because he looks like 1. hes the image off a booth bred dog back in the 90s big leggy type just a tidy animal and does his job well. He's not a patterdale but 99% of people just by the look off him would say he was, He's a blackdog, same as the rest off them TT and all included. Blackdogs.

they do fat man exactly the same and in the wtyb he was still going on about terriers that are to big 30 odd years ago

Dogs i seen that BN brought over were way bigger in size than the stuff he is puting out nowadays.There was a few of them about me ,1 was a dog called BRONSON which was supposed to be a top class dog but his owner and lads that dug over the dog will say different,not goin to go into that.There was also another English man that lived very close to me that had Nuttal stuff and it was in no way the same as what he has now.I have met BN on several occasions and he is a complete gentleman to speak with but i also know men who dug with him for years and they know what he is about.Anyway this is not a thread about BN and best of luck to him and his terriers.

• Like 1