SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

If only loosing a few teeth they be doing well. Tell me this then what do ya use to hold there teeth in, Tech 7 or super glue. Cause when things get hot and heavy underground when push comes shove the teeth are taking a fair bit of strain. Surly if your dog lost a tooth you wouldn't get rid ? Would ya ? Be honest.

Edited by howdeeposxxt

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a few with forked/split tounges over the years...noticed the other day the little rough bitch has a few splits.the old girls missing a front toe...like them to look cosmetically sound from the outside-avoids any awkward conversations when walking them local.dcpost-99494-0-25983100-1496212154_thumb.jpg

If only loosing a few teeth they be doing well. Tell me this then what do ya use to hold there teeth in, Tech 7 or super glue. Cause when things get hot and heavy underground when push comes shove the teeth are taking a fair bit of strain. Surly if your dog lost a tooth you wouldn't get rid ? Would ya ? Be honest.

I had an old black dog had about 6 teeth left in his mouth at 4 yr old-used to feel a bit sorry for him if im honest-when I was younger and knew no better I thought it was a badge of honour having dogs that had been chinned etc-these days I prefere a little bayer/mixer in today's climate ;).atb dc
  • Like 1

Can't remember owning a terrier that didn't lose something through its career .Even this baying bitch here now has a bit of tongue missing.Last lot of cubs we did stank of garlic .

they must of either been French foxes or enjoyed going down the local curry house?

She has a bay then has a mix-a good flesh and bone diet helps keep their teeth and resting them up properly between digs,if shes dug a few times in the day shes fully rested and not used again until propely healed-i like to start a dog when the teeth are set propely in their head.what's a dog do if it loses its teeth?...suck the quarry like a lollypop lol?respect my dogs too much-wouldnt keep a dog that lost them to easily. I have no use for dogs with bits and bobs missing pal-atb dc

I am amazed by your comments D.C.even my much maligned Plummers have lost teeth, my oldest bitch has plenty missing, chipped or broke, its not a badge of courage but more a sign of hard work, my mate had an old bitch (Patt) that was still working with only a couple of stumps left and she still got the job done, she simply adapted her style as she got "gummier", she would present the top of her head when up close in a stop end and when the quarry bit the top she simply flicked her muzzle under and choked it to its end, clever bitch that lived for work and well known in this area, was brightmore bred if I remember rightly, she once raised 2 fox cubs that my bitch brought out of an earth after a lambing call, most were chewed up but these 2 were still alive and only a week or so old, "MEG" let them suckle in with her pups of similar age and they were raised and then sold as pets to some lunatics and there plenty that kept them in the 70's, WM

• Like 1

She has a bay then has a mix-a good flesh and bone diet helps keep their teeth and resting them up properly between digs,if shes dug a few times in the day shes fully rested and not used again until propely healed-i like to start a dog when the teeth are set propely in their head.what's a dog do if it loses its teeth?...suck the quarry like a lollypop lol?respect my dogs too much-wouldnt keep a dog that lost them to easily. I have no use for dogs with bits and bobs missing pal-atb dc

I am amazed by your comments D.C.even my much maligned Plummers have lost teeth, my oldest bitch has plenty missing, chipped or broke, its not a badge of courage but more a sign of hard work, my mate had an old bitch (Patt) that was still working with only a couple of stumps left and she still got the job done, she simply adapted her style as she got "gummier", she would present the top of her head when up close in a stop end and when the quarry bit the top she simply flicked her muzzle under and choked it to its end, clever bitch that lived for work and well known in this area, was brightmore bred if I remember rightly, she once raised 2 fox cubs that my bitch brought out of an earth after a lambing call, most were chewed up but these 2 were still alive and only a week or so old, "MEG" let them suckle in with her pups of similar age and they were raised and then sold as pets to some lunatics and there plenty that kept them in the 70's, WM
Mr plucky-obviously a dog will lose a few teeth in its working life...pick up scars etc...but I'd like to think I have abit more about me then to keep firing an overly hard dog in to things and digging down to them looking like they been through a blender...they don't need bits missing off em to qualify as a solid worker in my eyes...watched enough ruined by some pricks ego over the years-I think your missing the point and looking to score points lol-your opinions mean nothing to me same as 99% percent on here-I know what I feed and those who have seen them go have nothing but praise and admiration for them...I must be doing something right...Enjoy the rest of your day.atb dc

I had an old black dog had about 6 teeth left in his mouth at 4 yr old-used to feel a bit sorry for him if im honest-when I was younger and knew no better I thought it was a badge of honour having dogs that had been chinned etc-these days I prefere a little bayer/mixer in today's climate ;).atb dc

so if you have a dog that looses a few teeth you wouldnt keep it

if those pups make good digging dogs you have on

and they loose the odd tooth send em my way lol

D.C you know me and you don't see eye to eye, but feck me come on...these are terriers, they don't hold on with they're hands. I couldn't care how much bone you feed them your not the only one who feeds bone to strengthen teeth. Teeth are gonna get lost or broken in a working terrier and that's that. Your right, you must be doing something right. I can't be...

• Like 4