SHOW US YOUR PATTERDALES

There good at making the best dogs look like shit bags I was talking to a good terrier man the other week about it cause I had a terrier pratting about in a hole and he said straight away its Cubs stear clear of them

• Like 2

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's not put a foot wrong when digging to the adults in fairness-been right up with them.she's tiny and can get most places,thought she be just the ticket for the cubbing call outs...I will try her when the season comes and hopefully she comes good for me.atb dcpost-99494-0-14062200-1496136193_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice pair of dogs dc. Strange how some dogs are. Years ago myself or others wouldn't give them the right time. You live and learn . The say cubs too can be hard to scent .hard to know always the reason. Hope she does you proud anyway atb

• Like 1

I've only seen one bitch ever really 100% at cubs and she killed everyone she found .She was mustard on adults too but was small enough to follow most weaned cubs , could get anywhere. I've been made to look a twat more times than I remember and now always ask what was in hole previous .Most terriers will look but it takes a determined sort to really struggle on in rabbit places to reach tiny cubs and I've never owned one.Stick a cub up to your nose ,all they smell of is piss .Got to go tomorrow evening to where my old bitch Blade had her last dig before the cancer and its old deserted badger places so fingers crossed .Keeper will be there but he's a good mate and knows the crack and hopefully they will be a bit bigger than the last lot we tried for .

Hang on to your terrier DC as you know, cubs are only a mess about and should be treated as such .

Easy for keeper to shoot the vic ,dig a hole and put her in to collect the cubs next morning .We all feel obliged to do the call outs but we also know it can go either way .It's the turning up that counts lol,I tell myself .

• Like 6

Got a little rough bitch here down off her... showing good signs but she refused to go to a litter on a call out the other week(holes full up with dead game birds ,don't know if that put her off? Never had a dog do that to me before)

...So she's off to a keeper friend as a ratter.got a young black dog to try when season starts,kind offer of a dog on loan if im stuck and waiting on a pup won't be ready till season after next lol.don't really want to push it and use the old girl next season and tempt fate but could go that way...see what happens.what will be will be.got nothing here tested enough other than the old girl worthy of taking a litter from to be completely honest with you.atb dc

reminds me of a time we were out the hole was full of dead hens that the foxes were hammering non stop, when we found the earth we were getting the run around in a big rangy place for hours, I thought feck that made a great dog look like a total amateur. Cubs Cubs thank god we didn't kill a lot over our times bloody nuisance trying to dig them, if they were that bad we would usually take a lurcher with the lamp and deal with the problem that way

They didn't smell fd even when despatched with the .410-the old bitch found the first 3 then dropped in a different part of the earth and accounted for an other-vixen was accounted for early next morning.to be honest most of the callouts I've done over the years have been on the hill in sheep country or sly old allotment chicken thieves -was pulling bird after bird out these holes and it must of had 20/25 holes to it.you live and you learn gents ;) not something that really floats my boat but it's pest control and that's the game we are in-keep the keepers happy and I get to fill my boots come the season.she be staying-just got to work my magic with the mrs to keep this new pup now lol.atb dc

• Like 3

She has a bay then has a mix-a good flesh and bone diet helps keep their teeth and resting them up properly between digs,if shes dug a few times in the day shes fully rested and not used again until propely healed-i like to start a dog when the teeth are set propely in their head.what's a dog do if it loses its teeth?...suck the quarry like a lollypop lol?respect my dogs too much-wouldnt keep a dog that lost them to easily. I have no use for dogs with bits and bobs missing pal-atb dc

• Like 2

She has a bay then has a mix-a good flesh and bone diet helps keep their teeth and resting them up properly between digs,if shes dug a few times in the day shes fully rested and not used again until propely healed-i like to start a dog when the teeth are set propely in their head.what's a dog do if it loses its teeth?...suck the quarry like a lollypop lol?respect my dogs too much-wouldnt keep a dog that lost them to easily. I have no use for dogs with bits and bobs missing pal-atb dc

so if you have a dog that looses a few teeth you wouldnt keep it

if those pups make good digging dogs you have on

and they loose the odd tooth send em my way lol