Checking a few earths

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see a few red and white :D terriers at a dig but would be nice to see a bit of dirt on one though .Not an argument starter but a simple statement .Why not try one to ground keeps .I for one would love to see a dog of that type with a bit of work on its face ,honest .

did no-one read the article, the first earth held which they tried a black dog in, they then tried another 6-7 spots but none at home on them, now i may be really thick here but what i can glean from that is, had one of the following 6-7 holes held a plummer would have been used, with hindsight a plummer would have been used on the first earth but who was to know that would hold and the others wouldnt? Had another breed been out on the day i think we would not be having this conversation :(

Maybe some people just looked at the piccies TJ :D

We tried AT LEAST another 8 earths after the first one. Had we known that the first one would be the only one to hold (at the time we didnt even know that one did till the dog went down) then the plummer bitch, Rosie would have been used first; in hindsight she would have been the first one in. The plummer bitch was collared up and she was tried in ALL of the other earths we found. We walked around for HOURS looking for more and I'd have been very happy to put up a post with a plummer who had been working, and very soon, I will - as we'll be out again shortly.

DSC_0163-6.jpg

Ginger Dave, yes, the black bitch is Brian Nuttall's terrier "Jen".

Nice to see a few red and white :D terriers at a dig but would be nice to see a bit of dirt on one though .Not an argument starter but a simple statement .Why not try one to ground keeps .I for one would love to see a dog of that type with a bit of work on its face ,honest .

there you go mate one of rosies pups :)

the way i see it mr and mrs keeps have gone to the trouble of going out and checking earths with a friend and are schooling there pups and entering some adult terriers. so the thing to do is to wish them luck as all experienced terrier folk know it can go for or against you with any breed. so best of luck and thanks for the exellent post. told as it was. warts an all. and well done to the ugly fella with the little gremlins for showing you a few of his earths. :)