Petrified tree stump,

26 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Jesus Christ

Superstar

Came down to earth on a Yamaha, 250

Pulled a skid 

Killed a kid 

Knocked his balls off a dustbin lid

There are other versions of this little ditty.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best just to be happy in your own choice of god mate,  I don’t need to explain or justify anything  I,m a very simple son of the soil type and to me Mother Nature is all around me I can see her, smell

I found this Amber in a big chunk of coal , it has a few bugs in it and if you squint you can see Jesus's face ...mad 

The most logical and convincing argument I have ever heard about there being something “more” (I won’t give it the label God because peoples opinions are too entrenched in religion) is the argument of

Posted Images

6 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Did you only find them on certain seams mate. We had the swallow wood and haigmoor seams and development on the parkgate seams and if my memory serves me right it was on the swallowood we found these fossils.

Cant really remember mate, we didnt name our seams, was just the 4ft or 6ft seam, 6ft was deadly for faults and falls

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Cant really remember mate, we didnt name our seams, was just the 4ft or 6ft seam, 6ft was deadly for faults and falls

It was the first letter our districts were named like S30s was swallow wood and H02s was Haigh moor. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

It was the first letter our districts were named like S30s was swallow wood and H02s was Haigh moor. 

My old man worked in the 2ft 6 seam, in plces he couldnt turn from working on his back to face down, thought of it makes me cold

• Like 2
4 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Jesus Christ

Superstar

Came down to earth on a Yamaha 

Pulled a skid 

Killed a kid 

Knocked his balls off a dustbin lid

I haven’t heard that for at least 25 years 

Reminds me of a lovely tale of being in a city centre pub in Carlisle and a lad giving it big licks on the karaoke machine and pulling a knees slide on flooring only to be greeted from the crowd by someone’s laced boot connecting squarely in his bollocks

blasts from the past  

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

My old man worked in the 2ft 6 seam, in plces he couldnt turn from working on his back to face down, thought of it makes me cold

Once went down the lowest face we had and thought feck that working on here crouched down on your knees pulling hydraulic chocks in at least on the gates and headings you could stand up all shift. Though the journey to the tail gate I worked on by pony loco with a couple of carriages on certainly woke you up on a Monday morning day shift dodging the tin sheets that had busted out of the steel rings. A pic of the gate similar to what we had to travel down to our place of work. 

FB_IMG_1710243741983.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Once went down the lowest face we had and thought feck that working on here crouched down on your knees pulling hydraulic chocks in at least on the gates and headings you could stand up all shift. Though the journey to the tail gate I worked on by pony loco with a couple of carriages on certainly woke you up on a Monday morning day shift dodging the tin sheets that had busted out of the steel rings. A pic of the gate similar to what we had to travel down to our place of work. 

FB_IMG_1710243741983.jpg

That's unbelievable where you worked.

I'm hoping to visit one of the mining museums this year 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

That's what I remember it like in the 80s mate though their was a two man team replacing the buckled steel arches or rings we called them on our district. I believe there is one of those mining museum's at Wakefield that’s worth a visit by all accounts. 

7 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

That's what I remember it like in the 80s mate though their was a two man team replacing the buckled steel arches or rings we called them on our district. I believe there is one of those mining museum's at Wakefield that’s worth a visit by all accounts. 

That's the one I've been told about 👍

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

FB_IMG_1710243741983.jpg

Yep, pretty typical for a lot of roads in uk pits back in the day, I remember carrying explosives 2 miles through tunnels like that before starting the actual work lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

If you're ever in S.Wales mate Big pit in Blaenavon is an amazing experience, its cage ride to the bottom of a real mine and a guided tour around the districts, worse thing I did was tell the tour guide I was an ex miner fckr wouldnt leave me alone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Bakerboy said:

Yep, pretty typical for a lot of roads in uk pits back in the day, I remember carrying explosives 2 miles through tunnels like that before starting the actual work lol

Same here mate and when I hear young lads moaning about their job in a nice clean warehouse with hot water and toilets I always say you don't know you're born. Lol 😆 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

If you're ever in S.Wales mate Big pit in Blaenavon is an amazing experience, its cage ride to the bottom of a real mine and a guided tour around the districts, worse thing I did was tell the tour guide I was an ex miner fckr wouldnt leave me alone

Big pit is definitely worth a visit , I used to live nearby. There used to be two different tours the modern large mine and a rickety small one. As with all Welsh museums, its free entry..

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

That's the one I've been told about 👍

Part of me fancies a visit to this museum tbh mate and then part of me thinks no as after leaving the pit I had reacouring night mares years after of a few close scrapes wile I worked there. Thankfully I don't get them anymore. 

39 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Part of me fancies a visit to this museum tbh mate and then part of me thinks no as after leaving the pit I had reacouring night mares years after of a few close scrapes wile I worked there. Thankfully I don't get them anymore. 

I still have them now mate