Advice if you could

31 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

A better education gives you more options, I only sat one GCSE, like a wanker I played truent for the last few years at school.

As I told my kids since they were young in your life your best off working smarter,not harder,a good education really does set you free,the world is at your feet with a good useful degree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont go through life, looking at what others have...

If I could speak to my younger self, I'd say. Don't ever start smoking , it's feckin, dangerous,  expensive,  it controls your life, and it makes you smell like shite. Get a proper education

It depends what your after in life, I personally am uneducated, I like doing what I want if I fancy Monday off I will take it, I could nt work 5 days a week for someone else and I can’t work indoors c

Posted Images

That making good money will never be achieved by conforming to the norm and working the nine to five routine, Take chances if they fail, just try again, Rules are often pliable if you know someone or understand how far they can be bent the future is brighter, 

8 minutes ago, mackem said:

As I told my kids since they were young in your life your best off working smarter,not harder,a good education really does set you free,the world is at your feet with a good useful degree.

That's it, maybe a degree wouldn't have seen me earning much more, who knows, but I guarantee I would be working less with more spare time on my hands.

• Like 1

Guys i've got a University degree (and i am really not academic!), my friends at school who went on to do trades all own at least two properties, and earn considerably more than i do, ....however the University experience was priceless and gave me skills and knowledge outside the class room which has had a positive effect on my life. Take what you want from my comments. Cheers. Aled 

• Like 5

It depends what your after in life, I personally am uneducated, I like doing what I want if I fancy Monday off I will take it, I could nt work 5 days a week for someone else and I can’t work indoors coup up like battery hen with a load of boring fukkers. If I could turn back time I’ve of done the farriers vet college and done that. But bieng a div I went on the construction, got no regrets but I’m tiring of the constant day to day need to physically produce stuff, walls, concrete etc, be nice not to have go flat out all the time. I’m not poor but it’s been a bloody slog, got to live each day as it’s your last and enjoy yourself 

• Like 11

I have had a good life I think now 72 not always been easy still with Wifey after I don't know 43years or so. She has put up with me and my hobbies. The best thing I did was go down to 4 days a week when I was 63 and that was supposed to happen at 60. I was self employed then took every Friday off although some of my customers didn't want me to. Once they got used to the fact that I was not budging and Fridays was mine it was fine. 

Would I have changed any thing? If had a little more go in me and not feared change then I think New Zealand would have been the place to go. I it would be the place for a lot of young guys with out door sport country interests to emigrate to. As this country, country sport is dying and will soon be a thing of the passed.

Enjoying my retirement now but don't wait till 66 as you might feel young in the head but the body has taken its toll with all the manual work. If you can find a way to do 4 days a week with finance and a under standing wife then do it.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5

Talking of Alaska an old commercial weed farmer I chat with took these,his wife is First Nations,he has hunted whale,walrus and polar bear with them.

624356D8-CF74-46DD-A979-EF8583E672A5.jpeg

60F6976A-4E6D-4068-9D4F-05C22A68B6EA.jpeg

805F9110-9672-482F-B007-A1A8C1844A09.jpeg

C653743B-E708-478F-9F29-D5961AA194F7.jpeg

• Like 10
23 minutes ago, mackem said:

Talking of Alaska an old commercial weed farmer I chat with took these,his wife is First Nations,he has hunted whale,walrus and polar bear with them.

624356D8-CF74-46DD-A979-EF8583E672A5.jpeg

60F6976A-4E6D-4068-9D4F-05C22A68B6EA.jpeg

805F9110-9672-482F-B007-A1A8C1844A09.jpeg

C653743B-E708-478F-9F29-D5961AA194F7.jpeg

Amazing pics ! 

2 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Amazing pics ! 

He is in his 70’s really interesting old bloke,lives miles outside of town.

1 minute ago, mackem said:

He is in his 70’s really interesting old bloke,lives miles outside of town.

Love stuff like this and people who don't strive to the average life. Could sit all day and listen to interesting people mate 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Love stuff like this and people who don't strive to the average life. Could sit all day and listen to interesting people mate 

I have an open invite…….One day.

• Thanks 1