Wirehair pointer 1st cross

6 hours ago, white van man said:

What breeding is the bitch dilly?

A was gifted her from a  friend up north who was a beat keeper on a grouse moor, without getting her pedigree out I wouldn't have a clue. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone wanting to do this cross I have two working GWP dogs here welcome to use on greyhound foc. Possibly have a pup or two back.  

always planned on putting him over a greyhound, I got a bitch but she never broke down. But over the years I had some fun with him from hunting cover to working round a hole, absolute powerhouse of a

Absolute rubbish I've known a lot of GWP's and crosses and not heard of any having these problems. If you have seen the drive and stamina these dogs possess you'd know that with heart problems they wo

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dillydog said:

A was gifted her from a  friend up north who was a beat keeper on a grouse moor, without getting her pedigree out I wouldn't have a clue. 

Sorry mate got the wrong end of the stick. Thought you had a lurcher there you were looking to put a GWP across 

• Like 1
On 02/04/2024 at 11:56, white van man said:

My thought too. 

GWP blods  along like a Diesel engine you put a greyhound with that it just cooks hunts to fast try it lads atb

Edited by Coconut
  • Confused 2

A friend of mine had a first cross 20 odd years ago. Was heavy on the turn and would hunt up massively on the lamp. Bit of a nuisance really. It loved a fox, if it could catch one.  The Wire Haired Pointer dog used was a bit of an animal and a man biter.

1 hour ago, leegreen said:

A friend of mine had a first cross 20 odd years ago. Was heavy on the turn and would hunt up massively on the lamp. Bit of a nuisance really. It loved a fox, if it could catch one.  The Wire Haired Pointer dog used was a bit of an animal and a man biter.

Sounds like a great day dog 🤣

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Coconut said:

GWP blods  along like a Diesel engine you put a greyhound with that it just cooks hunts to fast try it lads atb

What about a hound x ? Same thing really 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

GWP’s certainly aren’t plodders

Well crossed to a faster animal they overheat and pass away there’s been a few over as many years atb

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
3 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

No need for that mate

On the contrary I bin researching this subject at length and it seems our friend is correct gwp x greyhounds do indeed overheat and expire within minutes of starting said exertions although the gsp has bin known 2 last up to haif hour before unceremoniously carking it 👍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Black neck said:

On the contrary I bin researching this subject at length and it seems our friend is correct gwp x greyhounds do indeed overheat and expire within minutes of starting said exertions although the gsp has bin known 2 last up to haif hour before unceremoniously carking it 👍 

You're a raconteur of note with the constitution of a middle distance runner

6 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

You're a raconteur of note with the constitution of a middle distance runner

I of course was a heavyweight boxer aged 15 and learned to translate myriad ancient dialects  as kind of cognitive "up yours"to a harriden mother

• Haha 1