CITB CSCS CARDS

8 minutes ago, king said:

To right mate..a brave clever man..this clip is Interesting showing how he sets the ladders up the chimney..quite a clever method.. 

Absolute master of his trade mate, hes safe because his knowledge far surpasses anyone of his time... I love old fashioned tradesman, it's effortless.. 

• Like 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pretty much why I won't go near the big Main contractors or major works, I'm all for sensible H&S, We've employed hundreds of lads of the years, and had no major incidents and no fatalities, a fir

Street works is a handy one to have GM👍Need a ticket to change a blade🙄 then a hot works ticket so you can use it 😁 madness mate...best one is a 'permit to dig' before breaking ground 🙈has to be renew

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WILF said:

As I have said mate, nobody should expect lads to risk their life.

But when we have reached a point that you can go 3ft up a set of steps then the jobs f****d ! 

f**k me, you’ve taken bigger falls at football every Saturday ! 

Funny you say that....when I was on the training course the other day ....the other guys on the course were telling me of chap they had to prize of a ladder and he was only on the 4th rung up....

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Absolute master of his trade mate, hes safe because his knowledge far surpasses anyone of his time... I love old fashioned tradesman, it's effortless.. 

There's a youtube video of a yank construction worker reviewing that film of dibnah laddering that chimney...he just can't believe what Fred's doing

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

He certainly was mate..I seen a few programmes of his..building of Britain.. he was showing some drawings of his to explain buildings etc..the drawings looked like an architect had done them. Very professional looking diagrams..

One of his programmes where he sank a mine shaft in his back garden.and showing how it was done using a steel ring with a few courses of bricks around the ring. Then removing the dirt in an even fashion below the ring so it sank into the hole.then repeat a few more courses and sink the ring even further. I don't think Fred invented that method of sinking a shaft but i was blown away by how clever and effective it was..when you think about it its a perfect way to erect a brick hollow cylinder below ground genius..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

The problem is mate over the years I've noticed the level of basic common sense drop, young lads see the building trade as a poor third choice of career now..the majority if they can't get to uni want to be an influencer or gamer or whatever else... being a brickie, or plasterer, roofer etc is looked down on... so basically they don't give a f**k, and are only there to pick up a wage...honestly they walk around with a phone stuck in there hand constantly, just last week I was watching a labourer knocking a brick wall down, I was measuring on a cherry picker and could see him over the wall...he had earphones in, phone in hand and dancing like he was at a rave...oblivious I was even above him... so you get blanket rules that cover any eventuality (like falling from a step ladder) because you are dealing witg idiots mate... honestly sites have changed so much, I'm not for 50% of the H&S bullshit, but there's a duty to care and protect people on site... I'd hate my lad to do half the things I've  done on steel and roofs, he's young and immortal (like we all were), but he'd be thrown off a site in 10 minutes if he jumped up and walked the back of steels...thank f**k! Lol

One of my pet hates that people at work unessesary using a phone wile working we have a lad who works with us on occasions will face time his kids wile working and the old woman recently gave a young woman carer at the care home a bollocking for face timing her mate wile she was feeding an elderly gentleman with dementia. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

One of my pet hates that people at work unessesary using a phone wile working we have a lad who works with us on occasions will face time his kids wile working and the old woman recently gave a young woman carer at the care home a bollocking for face timing her mate wile she was feeding an elderly gentleman with dementia. 

My old Governor threw a lads phone out of a 10th floor window because every time he saw the geezer he was in his phone ! Lol 

• Haha 1

It's the operatives test which you've done and then the hs&e test 

You can do it online if you've got a webcam for the test day, easy as you like it is, just sit there for a few hours going through the modules then it's all the same old common sense bulls*t that the operatives test is really 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, WILF said:

My old Governor threw a lads phone out of a 10th floor window because every time he saw the geezer he was in his phone ! Lol 

He did right even though it might seem over the top that's how I feel some times and I also think it's bad manners my old woman or my kids know to never phone me wile at work unless it's something very urgent that would require me to come home not some random shit like what she's just bought out shopping. 

• Like 4

Phones at work really boil my urine.

Driving my bin lorry , watching idiots trying to load the lorry one handed , when cars are whizzing around them , makes my ass pucker . I have the same argument with the same blokes day after day . I try to explain that I'm not being a cnut , I'm trying to keep them alive .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

He did right even though it might seem over the top that's how I feel some times and I also think it's bad manners my old woman or my kids know to never phone me wile at work unless it's something very urgent that would require me to come home not some random shit like what she's just bought out shopping. 

Happens everyday at my work .. one lad was on the phone for nearly an hour about arranging a poker night , another lad gets phone calls from is wife at least 3 times a day and also calls arranging cash jobs at home . One lad even watched a full 2hr long film while meant to be working.

Me only time I answer the phone is if it's my partner or kids as they know not to phone unless it's important.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chid said:

Happens everyday at my work .. one lad was on the phone for nearly an hour about arranging a poker night , another lad gets phone calls from is wife at least 3 times a day and also calls arranging cash jobs at home . One lad even watched a full 2hr long film while meant to be working.

Me only time I answer the phone is if it's my partner or kids as they know not to phone unless it's important.

It boils my piss mate especially the lad at work who feks about with his phone wile driving a fork truck if I was the gaffer I would sack him as he has had enough warnings but continues to do it when there is no management about. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, TOMO said:

We still use ladders and step ladders...in fact just this last Wednesday I was actually on a course of how to use ladders....I kid you not...

We do use mupes and mobile scaff towers...and of course they are safer but very often not as quick and mobile as a ladder...interestingly though you need ladders to get on to the mobile scaff tower...

I believe you about the ladder course the bloke I contract to said to me last year I need to hold a ticket/card to say I’m ladder trained or sites will no longer allow me to use a ladder on site…. Bloody madness! Waist of my time an money but had to be done or no work had to do the same to use my grinder on site as well.redone my cscs in October the last time I done the cscs the test took me 25mins in an out the test centre.this time I done the basic green labour card just so I can get on site had to do a day in a classroom with a load of Romanian gypsys who couldn’t speak a word of English then a test at the end for all the health an safety crap then had a separate test at a test centre a week later just to get the labourers card worlds gone health an safety mad was informed on Thursday sites are pushing for the use of harness on ladders to be compulsory with a ticket for that as well. Like thats all really been said it’s just so builders can push any blame in the event of a accident 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

It boils my piss mate especially the lad at work who feks about with his phone wile driving a fork truck if I was the gaffer I would sack him as he has had enough warnings but continues to do it when there is no management about. 

If you try to explain that it's really dangerous,  they just can't see it .  It's like trying to reason with someone that's blind drunk , but they swear that they haven't had a drink.

I used to throw the mobile phone idiots off my truck. I'd give them a couple of friendly warnings,  and explain why it's so dangerous (because ive seen too many blokes hit by cars , while theyre fannying about with a phone), then I'd tear them a new one , and say next time , they're off the truck .  Some of them were still stupid enough to carry on texting / calling , while they're standing in the middle of live traffic. 

These days , I get fed up of hearing my own voice , because we can't get enough staff as it is , so it's just tolerated.  Two weeks ago , I had a bloke working on my truck that had been on a three day bender , and was coked off his noggin . He was in a right feckin mess, but I was told that I had to keep him , as we had nobody else to work.

The modern workplace is a very strange place indeed .

• Like 2