Charlie got prostate cancer

17 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The “uncrowned” Charles 50p are the ones in general circulation, and they are not “undated”, look carefully on the obverse (opposite side to “heads “ and you will see a tiny year date, and they are worth ….50p.

The limited edition “coronation 50p “ has a crowned head and the obverse is Westminster Abbey;

E45F08C0-F2FA-42CC-AD4C-421BBA2F5E45.jpeg.55a13eedea7477578729fc420fe8a0d3.jpeg

Theres far less of them in circulation and they are worth approximately £2:50 to collectors.

I managed to get 20 for ten quid from a post office when they first came out.

They are with a “Rupert Bear Parliament” and two “ Brexit “ 50p’s that will go to my grandson.

Cheers.

So its actually " heads or obverse " these days not " heads or tails " ........every days a school day and all that.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k me, even a cancer diagnosis isn't bad enough to save you from conspiracy theories and hatred... wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy doesn't apply then...

Well,...I'm of an age  when Cancer could strike at any moment,..it might already be creeping through my body🤔 Death comes to us all, and unfortunately, when your time is up,...🙄 However,...I

i was diagnosed with prostrate cancer 5 yrs ago, psa test showed me at a score of 6 which according to doctor was alarm bells ringing, after scan and tests was toid i had cancer in 3 spots in the pros

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

A friend of mine got diagnosed with prostate cancer last year so i did a bit of research on it they reckon 80% of men over the age of 75 die with ( not necessarily of ) prostate cancer.....my pal is having what they call " active surveillance " so has his psa checked regularly, as long as the cancer stays within the prostate itself he'll need no treatment....its a lot more common they we think.

me brother in law has it had it out and just had chemo because it was back he said the same most people over a certain age die with it not because of it 

his dad had it he has the gene 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, paulus said:

Death is the final part of living, Its as natural as birth, People face grief in very different ways, Humour some find is a good way of dealing with it, More often seen in people who have seen more than your fair share of it, As for Charlie. The c**t had me standing next to a set of steps on the pan of a freezing cold airfield for over four hours, Then walked right by without even acknowledging we were there, Unlike Dianna who stopped and thanked us, 

Yeh so he deserves  to die of cancer because he didn't  say hello to you.?  . What a sad mentality you have.

No doubt you'll come back at me  with some witty or sarcastic retort  . And  the usual spite-filled cadre of  suspects will do likewise if they can break off from engaging  in their usual  mutual bum licking . 

I wouldn't  bother. You'll be writing it for other people l won't  see it.

I'm off this site , too many cruel , negative thinkers who don't  really give a toss about the image of field sports .

Edited by comanche
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

So its actually " heads or obverse " these days not " heads or tails " ........every days a school day and all that.

Just checked and looks like I got it wrong ; heads is obverse and tails is reverse, so yeah, I guess everyday IS a school day !

Cheers.

21 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

My ole fella died with it but not of it, had it for 8 years before his death, shrank it with radio therapy and regular check ups.

Sorry to hear that but yes ive heard of people having it 15/20 years and dying with it and not of it......i believe they are currently rethinking the process in terms of testing/telling people they actually have it at that very early stage......the thinking being it can cause years and years of worry and stress for no real reason.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Just checked and looks like I got it wrong ; heads is obverse and tails is reverse, so yeah, I guess everyday IS a school day !

Cheers.

Well i know if i came out with " Obverse or Tails " to any of my lot it would be met with a prolonged " ooooooohhh " so think i'll stick with heads or tails.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Well i know if i came out with " Obverse or Tails " to any of my lot it would be met with a prolonged " ooooooohhh " so think i'll stick with heads or tails.

A lot of countries don’t have heads on their coins, but yeah, I can’t see a ref asking the two captains “ obverse or reverse”.

Cheers.

my old man and i were both diagnosed last year with PC.

wouldn't wish it on anyone. last year was the worst of my life and ive had one or two of those believe me.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, paulus said:

Death is the final part of living, Its as natural as birth, People face grief in very different ways, Humour some find is a good way of dealing with it, More often seen in people who have seen more than your fair share of it, As for Charlie. The c**t had me standing next to a set of steps on the pan of a freezing cold airfield for over four hours, Then walked right by without even acknowledging we were there, Unlike Dianna who stopped and thanked us, 

Nah, nothing was humorous and no ones "dealing with it".... I'm not even a royal at all, don't care either way for Charles... a bloke gets kicked off here for being a bit Sarccy to other members, but revelling in someone with cancer is OK... infact applauded... ill call it as I see it mate...bad show imo

• Like 7
13 minutes ago, antg said:

wouldn't wish it on anyone. last year was the worst of my life and ive had one or two of those believe me.

Sorry to hear that boss....im no doctor and sure you've done your own research but it really isnt lights out time as the word is often associated.....you'll be having your psa checks and from what ive researched the number itself isnt the issue its the speed at which it might rise thats the indicator that its close to spreading outside the gland which then of course is removal time......but every case will be different and again there is talk that the levels they actually diagnose it at are about to change for the reasons i mentioned earlier.....theres nothing clever about it of course but if caught early it doesnt necessarily mean the worst,God bless you mate i wish you the best.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 8
16 minutes ago, antg said:

That's awful mate, for the pair of you to deal with it at the sane time must be pretty rough!

Hope your both on the road to recovery mate...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Sorry to hear that boss....im no doctor and sure you've done your own research but it really isnt lights out time as the word is often associated.....you'll be having your psa checks and from what ive researched the number itself isnt the issue its the speed at which it might rise thats the indicator that its close to spreading outside the gland which then of course is removal time......but every case will be different and again there is talk that the levels they actually diagnose it at are about to change for the reasons i mentioned earlier.....theres nothing clever about it of course but if caught early it doesnt necessarily mean the worst,God bless you mate i wish you the best.

thanks. 

ye not the end of the world. i ended up having a bit of a breakdown a few month after being told. me old man, my brother in law also terminal and me. it just all got on top of me.

the minds a cruel thing at times

• Like 2
Just now, antg said:

thanks. 

ye not the end of the world. i ended up having a bit of a breakdown a few month after being told. me old man, my brother in law also terminal and me. it just all got on top of me.

the minds a cruel thing at times

It certainly is. 

All the best 

• Like 2

i was diagnosed with prostrate cancer 5 yrs ago, psa test showed me at a score of 6 which according to doctor was alarm bells ringing, after scan and tests was toid i had cancer in 3 spots in the prostrate, ended i up in clatterbridge cancer hospital liverpool , the surgeons and nursing staff were superb couldnt speak highly enough of them all.the end result was i had to have a prosectomy,4hr op and brutal but still here 5yrs later, my advice is lads any of you over50 yrs have a psa if you trouble passing urine, trouble starting or stopping, or up at loo afew times in the night,aint slow me down much still hike the lurcher work a couple days a week, and approaching 70 yrs old never say never,8 off us in the ward with it 2of us walked out, atb

• Like 10