6 hours ago, DogMagic2 said:

A properly bred and reared litter costs a small fortune to get to selling age. If you buy top brand puppy meal such as royal canin or iams etc, worming every 2 weeks, a bottle of goats milk, half a tub of ricotta and a good squeeze of honey every day for 3 months. And the mother getting the same from 2 weeks before they are born. And thats without washing their bedding every day and socializing etc. And the shots. Although 1200 a pup is a bit strong. 

If you can't afford to rear a litter then you shouldn't be breeding a litter in the first place, if your not breeding for yourself or mates then your a puppy peddler plain and simple and if your a puppy peddler then your only interested in money and not the working ability of the dogs. 

A thousand quid would rear any litter and rear them well and that's me being generous so all this bollox about the price of rearing pups to justify high prices is shite. 

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 9

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you look hard enough you can still find circles of honest lads, that breed the odd litter from decent working stock for themselves and mates. 300 quid got me this bitch pup and I'm thrilled wi

If you can't afford to rear a litter then you shouldn't be breeding a litter in the first place, if your not breeding for yourself or mates then your a puppy peddler plain and simple and if your a pup

Ther bred for the modern day pretend hunting type that dress in the country attire , parade about town  drinking oat milk lattes with rain forest coffee beans an duckweed gluten free sarnies oh and hu

Posted Images

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Ther bred for the modern day pretend hunting type that dress in the country attire , parade about town  drinking oat milk lattes with rain forest coffee beans an duckweed gluten free sarnies oh and hug trees and never let ther dog off a lead incase they dog might kill something esp a bunny  how terrible for them to explain at coffee morning at Starbucks 

Out of likes, so 👍

7 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

It's only my opinion and it's a small lurcher type that would suit me and their is no doubt beddy whippets make cracking little dogs but I would sooner have taken a chance on the cocker x whippet  pups that was on sale in Liverpool a wile back for 200 rather than the beddy whippets at a grand more .

There's a higher chance the cocker was bred off workers than the beddy or the whippet.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, gnipper said:

There's a higher chance the cocker was bred off workers than the beddy or the whippet.

possibly true, certainly the Bedlington, debatable on the whippet, look at all the cockers for churning out cockapoos they are as popular than beddywhippets. I doubt they are working stock. 

17 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

It's only my opinion and it's a small lurcher type that would suit me and their is no doubt beddy whippets make cracking little dogs but I would sooner have taken a chance on the cocker x whippet  pups that was on sale in Liverpool a wile back for 200 rather than the beddy whippets at a grand more .

Summat like that do me, but probably as rare as hens teeth. Just lost my old dog at 17 and a half , and my other is 11, but retired to mooching  with cattys.  Just admit a small spaniel cross would do, but am certainly in no rush. 

Edited by Leo Sayer
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, fred90 said:

possibly true, certainly the Bedlington, debatable on the whippet, look at all the cockers for churning out cockapoos they are as popular than beddywhippets. I doubt they are working stock. 

I find them cockapoos funny dogs some of them I see about. My mate got his wife one and after taking it out with his small lurcher it's started hunting cover like a demon though he has to keep it's coat cut short as it tangles easy in thick bramble. Over the years I have seen a few dogs that one side was a spaniel some accidentall all would hunt given the chance. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I find them cockapoos funny dogs some of them I see about. My mate got his wife one and after taking it out with his small lurcher it's started hunting cover like a demon though he has to keep it's coat cut short as it tangles easy in thick bramble. Over the years I have seen a few dogs that one side was a spaniel some accidentall all would hunt given the chance. 

there are a lot of them around here, all pampered pets, but they have not been given any chance to work, get what you are saying, the working instinct must run deep in spaniels. 

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

Most of the cockerpoo things are bred off show cockers but I know what your saying. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

One my pals had a spaniel x Russell never seen nowt took it out with us one morning and it drew a Charlie out a hole end that’s was him after that flying dog was already about 4 year old 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, fred90 said:

there are a lot of them around here, all pampered pets, but they have not been given any chance to work, get what you are saying, the working instinct must run deep in spaniels. 

The wife's mate has one it's about 9 months old now and black and tan it's dam was a roan coloured cocker she has been pestering me to take it out for her as it's got boundless energy though I would be on edge as she treats it like a baby and I would hate to loose it or anything happen to it. Plus when I get my own dog to all of a sudden stop walking it. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Summat like that do me, but probably as rare as hens teeth. Just lost my old dog at 17 and a half , and my other is 11, but retired to mooching  with cattys.  Just admit a small spaniel cross would do, but am certainly in no rush. 

Probably do me aswell mate. A good mate of mine has a small cracking lurcher a mix of beddy whippet and springer though he his on about putting a grew over her next time she comes in season though with the lack of rabbits local I've said put a spaniel over her for some tough knock about catty dogs. 

• Thanks 1

I saw a young beddy whippet x spaniel bitch for sale recently which would have been ideal for you lads but I can't remember where it was. I think it might have been the link on mushrooms thread after a dog for his mum.