All rounder lurcher

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like every other type or cross you'll get good and bad ones, some people swear by them others wouldnt give 1 kennel space, it really is up to you and what you expect it to do, Ive had and seen some re

Personally I think one man's allrounder is different to another man's allrounder. Also as time goes by you maybe go for different methods and different species. It's no one trick pony   

Both nice honest jukels,...but sadly,.. both products,...of a well calculated and carefully planned advertising campaign😉

Posted Images

On 28/01/2024 at 12:13, tatsblisters said:

That's what I thought at the time Phil after seeing the litter brother to Celt run the same lad had a black brocken coated bitch a mix of collie greyhound deerhound greyhound that was a class above on hare's but I never recall the said bitch ever getting mentioned by Plummer in the then shooting news. 

Best lurchers Brian had were penguin and fathom the rest were money makers only 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 23/01/2024 at 23:42, chartpolski said:

A pup of Typps from some years back;

E1B7CF6F-E257-4863-A54D-C2BBB0B55E18.jpeg.4b21efb15c52503d30fc02f4549da524.jpeg

Not a collie cross, it was 1/4 GSD X 3/4 greyhound.

Cheers.

Was there a bit of wolf in it. Think I remember articles by him years ago about ferreting with a wolf/alsation(show white if I remember rightly)

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, tinytiger said:

Was there a bit of wolf in it. Think I remember articles by him years ago about ferreting with a wolf/alsation(show white if I remember rightly)

Typp told me that the GSD had wolf in it, but much as I liked him, he could tell a tale or two !

Mind you, I’m sure the last litter he bred was standard poodle x greyhound, so who knows what he bred in the past.

I disagreed with him on a few things, but it was always interesting talking to him.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Typp told me that the GSD had wolf in it, but much as I liked him, he could tell a tale or two !

Mind you, I’m sure the last litter he bred was standard poodle x greyhound, so who knows what he bred in the past.

I disagreed with him on a few things, but it was always interesting talking to him.

Cheers.

Ya right about a tale or too,I got sick of his stories so stayed away from him.But chipper was his bestie.So some stories would of been flying there

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, lurchers said:

Ya right about a tale or too,I got sick of his stories so stayed away from him.But chipper was his bestie.So some stories would of been flying there

Chipper was another character, I met him many times.

The characters in the game seem to be dying out.

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The characters in the game seem to be dying chipper could spin a good few.Did you ever see that Italian grey cross typp brought into scotch corner show.When I was judging he put it in the rabbiting class.A rabbit was bigger than it and the story he was telling me about it ffs I got him to move on cos I couldn’t believe what he was saying what it caught 

1 minute ago, lurchers said:
11 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The characters in the game seem to be dying chipper could spin a good few.Did you ever see that Italian grey cross typp brought into scotch corner show.When I was judging he put it in the rabbiting class.A rabbit was bigger than it and the story he was telling me about it ffs I got him to move on cos I couldn’t believe what he was saying what it caught 

Expand  

Was that at the Fox pub on the a66 near scotch corner ?

I think that was the last time I saw Typp, Rose, his missus had a nice whippet with her.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Was that at the Fox pub on the a66 near scotch corner ?

I think that was the last time I saw Typp, Rose, his missus had a nice whippet with her.

Cheers.

Yeh it was there mate and that’s the day I decided to keep away from the crank.He must of thought I was an idiot to believe the crap he was saying.He had that poodlex there to

Edited by lurchers
1 minute ago, lurchers said:

Yeh it was there mate and that’s the day I decided to keep away from the crank.He must of thought I was an idiot to believe the crap he was saying.He had that poodlex there to

Typp always liked a beddy type I had, and he was judging a show one day and I entered her.

Sure enough, he gave her first place, then his missus stomped into the ring and gave him a bollocking and demanded he give her mates whippet first place and my bitch second….  And he did !!!

I liked him as a character, he invited me for a day on his permission near Brought or Shap, but I was abroad and never got to take him up on it.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Typp always liked a beddy type I had, and he was judging a show one day and I entered her.

Sure enough, he gave her first place, then his missus stomped into the ring and gave him a bollocking and demanded he give her mates whippet first place and my bitch second….  And he did !!!

I liked him as a character, he invited me for a day on his permission near Brought or Shap, but I was abroad and never got to take him up on it.

Cheers.

let you taste that first place lol

On 30/01/2024 at 19:14, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

I’ve always said when I judge I don’t care who you are or even a relative if the dog isn’t right on the day I won’t be picking it.And couldn’t give a shit if I upset them.I judge the dog not who’s on the other end of the lead and always will do.He should of put her in her place mate if your dog was the better 1 out the 2.

What does a judge look for in a lurcher exactly I have never understood really.  I have been to these shows and won on the racing but even in the working show class got nowt lolIMG-20240202-WA0002.jpg.7e02c2645f62a0c1a7128dade0d954ed.jpg

1 hour ago, Chaff said:

What does a judge look for in a lurcher exactly I have never understood really.  I have been to these shows and won on the racing but even in the working show class got nowt lolIMG-20240202-WA0002.jpg.7e02c2645f62a0c1a7128dade0d954ed.jpg

No one really knows lol,meks me smile when they have a class titled working lurcher wtf that about ,then usually a dog that's done note but sniff it's owners grippers wins it ffs

• Haha 1