Old Grafters

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same as me,punched my guts out since leaving school and planned to be  semi retired at 50, mortgage free and be able to pick and choose 2/3 days a week for beer money...the rest of my days will hopefu

Watched my ole fella bust a gut till he couldn't anymore, spent his last years with a knackered body and eventually a knackered mind, fcuk working till mid seventies.  I'll graft away till my you

I've been a binman for the last 23 years . It used to be a great job , with decent money , decent hours , and a great bunch of lads to work with . I'm  unbelievably bored with it now and i feckin hate

Posted Images

Mates dad is 76 and still working on site. Will get on a roof if they turn there backs for a minute. 

I used to work in a unit on a farm and the old farmer was still mooching around in his 90's. I saw him up a ladder once putting new battens on a shed felt roof

• Like 4
1 hour ago, dai dogs said:

I’m 62 and still grafting any old grafters on here ?

You should be at 62.My old man is 69 and still does 48/60 hrs a week shiftwork.Had a hip replacement in his early 40s,knee in his early 50s and could have been invalided off years ago but aint having none of it

• Like 3

I go on a farm were the old lad( sadly gone now ) still use to be on the yard or down the fields in his early 80s every day between 4.30 and 5 in the morning checking on his stock I asked him one day why he didn't need the money and I thought you was retired his answer was listen lad I still need a purpose to get up in a morning if  I lose that I won't last long it keeps me going plus getting up early every day all those years never leaves you I still know a few like him even now 

• Like 9

63 next week and still grafting in a warehouse in a fast paced job some days i am in agony with sciatica. The years of hard graft in the pit then hod carrying and five years scaffolding and years on the demolition plus out in all weathers over the years working my lurchers and poaching has took its toll . I cant wait to get my state pension and call it a day as long as work goes . I will be more than happy just mooching about with the catty every day rather than doing the mundane job i do everyday with boring people .

• Like 11

Worked till was 66 self employed last few years as no f****r wants you then. Gardening, Maintenance, Machine driving and work on farms Laying hedges etc and even then customers didn't want me to give up working for them. Retired now and loving it Ferreting, Fishing, Foraging, Metal detecting, Gardening and any thing else I fancy. The only trouble is your body is a bit f****d after years of manual work. 

Also right now I'm sucked off to the stump with rain and bloody wind Lol.

They reckon if you have no interests when you retire life expectancy is just 3 years.

Cheers Arry

• Like 11

Here goes lol 

Did 15 years in Paras (6 tours Ireland , Iraq and Macedonia )then 18 years CP in Iraq ,where I got shot at numerous times ,blown up a few times and motared loads lol done few other protection type things in this country but to boring to talk about 

I then retired took 6 months off got bored to f**k so work for my cuz for last 2 years on tarmac and love it at 55, I will work for as long as I can walk lol

Edited by DEERMAN
  • Like 4