Yemen and the Red Sea

Just now, Born Hunter said:

Maybe it wouldn’t, point is it’d be less costly than bombing a migrant boat.

Why waste a bomb on a rubber boat, Just advertise the job of puncturing dinghies in the airgun section and jobs a good un Lol

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing we can send British navy into action in the red sea but they can't patrol our southern border 

I don’t mean this as a dig at anyone, it’s a genuine thought so here gos….. Actually, who gives a f**k or why do we give a f**k ?……. The U.K. is absolutely f****d, as in f****d !……I was talk

Tax has never been higher, car insurance has doubled as far as I can tell. They're getting more than their pound of flesh whilst we live in austerity swamped with illegal migrants....an underfunded so

Posted Images

1 minute ago, paulus said:

Why waste a bomb on a rubber boat, Just advertise the job of puncturing dinghies in the airgun section and jobs a good un Lol

The treasury would be fans of that. 177s probably retail cheaper than a 30mm canon. :laugh:

The Houthi, Hamas, Hezbollah are fighting proxy wars on behalf of Iran.

There's a lot of misunderstanding going on, there was a Labour MP who said Saudi Arabia is at war with Yemen. He couldn’t be more wrong, the Saudis are SUPPORTING the democratically elected government in Yemen in their war with the Iranian backed Houthi insurgents.

Iran would love to have a puppet regime in power in Yemen as they would then have control of both sides of the Strait of Hormuz.

Stop Iran from supporting and supplying all these terrorist groups and the world would become a safer place.

Cheers.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

There’s no real easy options. To do anything more than is already being done would turn the world against the UK. I have absolutely no doubt that 99% calling for the RN to bomb the migrants would regret it once we were economically destroyed by sanctions.

Maybe there’s a grey area we can exploit like the Rwanda concept. But that’s about as good as we can expect.

Bombing Yemen is politically and legally easy in comparison. And of course economically low risk. 

And would be hugely popular , which would be reflected in polling. The government wouldn't be that cynical would they? Fire missiles at an easybeat country to win votes? They've never sunk that low before in order to influence an election have they?

I  can see Sunak now on the front page of the Daily Mail,  not quite like Thatcher astride a tank turret, but peeping out, wide eyed, from inside a  missile barrel. Like  the guys who are fired from circus canons. Subduing Arabs with his new peep out to wipe out tactic.

Edited by jukel123
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

And would be hugely popular , which would be reflected in polling. The government wouldn't be that cynical would they? Fire missiles at an easybeat country to win votes? They've never sunk that low before in order to influence an election have they?

I  can see Sunak now on the front page of the Daily Mail,  not quite like Thatcher astride a tank turret, but peeping out, wide eyed from inside a  missile barrel. Like  the guys who are fired from circus canons. Subduing Arabs with his new peep out to wipe out tactic.

Just what the spin doctor ordered. :D

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

There's only so long the West will sit by playing defence with such a weak aggressor. Striking the Houthi infrastructure directly would be ideal for the UK carriers given their current limitations and the requirements of that job.

However, this is an escalation of the Gaza/Iran situations. What with rising tensions with Russia and China it seems the world is getting more and more unstable. Not a time when you want a weak economy and the impact on shipping from this will only hurt ours further.

Do you mean to tell us we need to be panic buying Tagliatelle and Regina Blitz?

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Just what the spin doctor ordered. :D

Twat! Just having a dram to celebrate my unwanted guests leaving. I sniggered at your remark and lost half my drink bubbling up through my nose. 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The Houthi, Hamas, Hezbollah are fighting proxy wars on behalf of Iran.

There's a lot of misunderstanding going on, there was a Labour MP who said Saudi Arabia is at war with Yemen. He couldn’t be more wrong, the Saudis are SUPPORTING the democratically elected government in Yemen in their war with the Iranian backed Houthi insurgents.

Iran would love to have a puppet regime in power in Yemen as they would then have control of both sides of the Strait of Hormuz.

Stop Iran from supporting and supplying all these terrorist groups and the world would become a safer place.

Cheers.

I'm sure I read Saudi provides aid to Yemen and helped them out militarily at their request? 

Iran's name keeps cropping up as a dangerous  world player.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

The treasury would be fans of that. 177s probably retail cheaper than a 30mm canon. :laugh:

I don't know about that, I bought a tin of pellets a couple of year ago, couldn't believe it almost a score, previous to that about £2.50, a lesser person could have succumbed to a fuckun clutcher

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I don't know about that, I bought a tin of pellets a couple of year ago, couldn't believe it almost a score, previous to that about £2.50, a lesser person could have succumbed to a fuckun clutcher

A tin of 500 .22 decent quality pellets will set you back up to £18 

3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

There’s no real easy options. To do anything more than is already being done would turn the world against the UK. I have absolutely no doubt that 99% calling for the RN to bomb the migrants would regret it once we were economically destroyed by sanctions.

Maybe there’s a grey area we can exploit like the Rwanda concept. But that’s about as good as we can expect.

Bombing Yemen is politically and legally easy in comparison. And of course economically low risk. 

Turn them around like the austrailians did and keep doing it until they get the message, any that do get thru no benifits or handouts like Portugal told them

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mackem said:

10 years,lots on social media showing TikTok vids crossing the channel,I am willing to bet the vast majority fleeing war and persecution (in France??) are economic migrants.

But they aren't just economic migrants, that's the real issue!

When you are fleeing a war or famine you take your family,  when you are going to war you leave them behind. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have  more than a suspicion that the government tips The Daily Mail to get photographers  onto the beaches to photograph the boat people so as to hide the fact that  illegal immigration via the backs of lorries, aircraft and visas is much, much greater. Not to mention the astronomical legal immigration figures even  after brexit.

It's an image which fires people up so that they see invaders, but disguises the fact that they are a drop in the ocean. Pun intended.

Edited by jukel123
4 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I have  more than a suspicion that the government tips The Daily Mail to get photographers  onto the beaches to photograph the boat people so,as to hide the fact that  illegal immigration via the backs of lorries, aircraft and visas is much, much greater. Not to mention the astronomical legal immigration figures after brexit.

It's an image which fires people up so that they see invaders, but disguises the fact that they are a drop in the ocean. Pun intended.

No,I have been and walked the very beaches they launch from,you can almost smell the milk and honey emanating from the UK,but I have also been past lunar house in Croydon and oftentimes Eaton House in Hounslow,I see beyond what’s shown on TV,I know 4 immigration lawyer offices within 2 miles of Eaton House,all Asian lawyers,there might be more in the Indian small business office complex nicknamed Delhi house in Feltham,there’s a lot more than boat people flooding in but they are the most visible,showing them on TV is a distraction technique from the soft invasion that’s genuinely happening.