Harkila coats

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

These are the decathlon wellies. I've worn em almost every day for 12 months, working on shoot digging and fencing, walking dogs every day, fishing, beating and shooting. -4 on the hills while walking long distances other day. The grip is just starting getting a bit thin....I'm happy with that for the money. 12 months hard wear is all I ask from any boot or Welly. If I'm not in these I'm in my desert boots 

PXL_20231210_212251947.MP.jpg

PXL_20231210_212259170.jpg

PXL_20231210_212305179.jpg

PXL_20231210_212331975.MP.jpg

Got the same mate ...Great boots...although I have just put a hole in my sole on a rat job on the dirtiest falling to bits farm yard I've ever been on....not the boots fault though ...so I shall get another pair

• Like 1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carpe diem,you want that coat,you NEED that coat,don’t talk yourself out of it,I knew when I saw your opening post “shall I get it?” YES get the coat,be decisive,you actually like that coat,you know y

Looks a cracking coat....  But imagine snagging it on barbed wire 1st time out, I reckon I'd actually cry... Lol

I'm as tight as cramp. I've been stalking on the estate my mate works on and sleeping on his couch. One of my mates put on a group chat "I'll be surprised if he's wearing his own clothes"...... I look

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Anyone tried those Baer skin hoodie fleeces? I bought one,well worth £75 and was thoroughly impressed,never had a fleece so warm, been stood on a beach in galeforce winds and not felt a thing...better than the windstopper gear I've tried from Mammut etc👍

Seen the add for them ...I do fancy one glad someone has recommended them 

7 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Seen the add for them ...I do fancy one glad someone has recommended them 

Honestly Tomo,great bit of kit imo,mines in olive green colour,looks good,super warm,worn it in the snow,out in all weathers,wear it under my work waterproofs when its freezing cold and wet,on the boat in the channel,beach fishing, ferretting etc,been hard wearing. when my mrs saw it,she wasnt happy... apparently she was getting me one for my birthday 😁DSC_3387.JPG.59f85e0b2f0bf28dd868a4d1f56c6297.JPG

8 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

What's wrong with that coat?, looks better than the Harkila, what is it Nomad?

It is normad....well spotted! Unfortunately that's not me, that's the stalker I was following 😂👍

9 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Shooting /hunting clothes triple in price as soon as anything green colour  says hunting coat.! Same as normal sponge cake normal price £5 but if wedding cake’s mentioned it’s £250

Have you tried lamping with a wedding cake as a hat mate..

Its bloody heavy after a few hrs..especially when the wind is strong..

9298416119_f6c40b80f0_b.jpg.18d8ff07aada0dde752ebde93abe284c.jpg

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, WILF said:

Did you have any problems with the soles on your altbergs mate ?

I’ve had a few pairs and they wore something shocking, probably don’t help that after years of football and doing loads of miles on my feet I’m so bow legged I couldn’t stop a pig in an alley ! Lol

Also had another pair just “corrode” for want of a better word, these were a mixture of the desert boots and the standard army issue leather boots.

I had a pair a few years ago where the sole on one boot came away from the upper. The pair i have now have been fine, My feet are totally mangled mate, Toes at right angles to other toes and all sorts, I have lost count of the amount of broken toes i have had over the years. My right leg is deformed due to a spinal injury, so my boots wear in different places and a different rates  to anyone else, Going back to Neoprene wellingtons, I found barbed wire was the killer. Round here your climbing over the stuff every half hour or so and its not the low stuff for sheep its the stuff with the top strand at around four feet for cattle. They also run an electric wire in front of it just to make it more difficult to get through it Lol.  

12 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

Are they the Solognac 1s

Those i bought the last month up to now are great for walking in though last week when the temp dropped and i sat down with the flask for half an hour my feet started to get cold despite having so bridgedale wool socks so i would not recomend those i bought if you were sat for long periods of time in cold weather.

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Is your jacket waterproof? Mine was shite.

To be fair the trousers are top notch but the jacket isn’t all that but it’s cheap enough to tear through brush etc and get covered in all sorts of crap I wouldn’t say it was that waterproof.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Do you not fancy a Nomad?, they'll sell you one you know

Apparently the bloke who runs it has passed away.... looking on their site they have random sizes left for each item, don't know if they are just selling off stock. Not cheap and nothing caught my eye like the expensive one did.

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

To be fair the trousers are top notch but the jacket isn’t all that but it’s cheap enough to tear through brush etc and get covered in all sorts of crap I wouldn’t say it was that waterproof.

I tried to treat mine with some waterproofing stuff but it's still not great but like you say cheap enough to not worry about brambles.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, scotty12 said:

Are those the waterproof ones mate ? I had a couple pairs years ago and was always bone dry they were only about £25 back then 

It’s these ones about £38 can’t go wrong. Wear mine twice a week through gorse wire bramble and no issue and for the money I’m not worried. Not the warmest when sat around but don’t get to many cold days down here lol. Tried percussion and kept ripping them by over stretching 

IMG_9741.png

• Like 2