Just a good pot filler

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t worry too much about the x just get a pup out of dogs that you like that are really good at doing whatever it is you want to do with your dog. People tend to over complicate things. 

If your just after rabbits then any x will catch them(smaller,faster the better)...but if rabbits are thin on the ground,you will need a dog with a bit more about it... personally I like a dog,that wi

Like any thing it’s personal preference. Had super beddy whippet caught rabbits a treat. Old bull cross was handful. Little collie cross now is a dream right character. Thought world of them all

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

If your just after rabbits then any x will catch them(smaller,faster the better)...but if rabbits are thin on the ground,you will need a dog with a bit more about it... personally I like a dog,that will have a go at what ever is put in front  of it,day or night.... couldn't feed a dog that was only good for one thing...who wants to see shit running off in to the distance and a dog stood looking at you?

I have had fast dogs made to look daft by February hares, Ears back and full throttle they are a creature to behold. Watched one of mine straight lined over 3 fields and into a great big wood, He caught it in the wood but the thing is he caught a hell of a lot the rest of the season, it just appears that February and the frosts, combined with most of the daft ones already dead makes for a rocket on legs lol

1 minute ago, paulus said:

I have had fast dogs made to look daft by February hares, Ears back and full throttle they are a creature to behold. Watched one of mine straight lined over 3 fields and into a great big wood, He caught it in the wood but the thing is he caught a hell of a lot the rest of the season, it just appears that February and the frosts, combined with most of the daft ones already dead makes for a rocket on legs lol

that’s it mate seen pure greys and 3/4 greys whip grey dogs that are suppose to be fast straight lined can’t put a bend in 

ground plays a massive part the ones that can get to em and stick on in the wettest times of the year are few and far between 

• Like 2

I had a dog who's grand dam was a pure bull making her 1/4 she was one of if not the best hare dog iv ever had iv never worked a lurcher as hard as I did her and that bitch thrived on it and she was always at her best on top hares the ones you don't bump into often.

Would I have her again, I wouldn't I don't have the energy she was as obedient as a lab but once on she could be quite full on not for the fsint hearted.

Edited by dodger
  • Like 1

Yer I’ve always had bull in my Lurchers I’ve had the 3/4 grey 1/4 bull and he was a very good dog an did everything together, an I’ve also had a 3/4 bull 1/4 grey and that was a different animal altogether a 1 trick pony but by f**k he was good at that trick 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

If your just after rabbits then any x will catch them(smaller,faster the better)...but if rabbits are thin on the ground,you will need a dog with a bit more about it... personally I like a dog,that will have a go at what ever is put in front  of it,day or night.... couldn't feed a dog that was only good for one thing...who wants to see shit running off in to the distance and a dog stood looking at you?

true , nice line bred bullx grey x collie x grey , that catch rabbits , and anything that jumps up in front of it, it was a type x i wanted  16 years  ago , but back then , but not many bred that way back then, but you see lot more about today . 

12 minutes ago, leegreen said:

Wouldn't have a Lurcher without a bit of Bull in it. They add more than any single breed, even the Greyhound.

If there were any other decent large terriers, I would consider those too, but there isn't.

Have u seen the Patterdales there churning out  about 24 inch 🙈

• Haha 2