working line whippets lynperry paul cork mike browns working whippets still around?

Hi all, as the above says im just wondering if these working lines still being produced? Im after a whippet pup in the new year after a little break from losing my 19year old lurcher in 2021 but im struggling to find the working lines and dont know where to look. any help of links would be greatly appreciated! just to help im from london near heathrow but dont mind travelling for the right pup.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Little lady 17. 1/2 tts 23 lb loved the big ground back then big or small she’d slay em all 

@mC HULL is your man just pm him 😉 

whippet size seems to vary even in same litters, I expected my bitch to be a bit bigger, she is 19tts and lighter built at only 23 pounds. she is very sharp catching stuff on hedgerows, embankments wo

Posted Images

I was looking for my first whippet around 2 years ago, liked the lynperry but don't know if he still breeds dogs anymore, couldn't find any. I went for a pennymeadow bitch and I am well pleased with the her. I would look at men who are working whippets, there are a few on here. think last year both Cantona and a chap called bobza both had litters from good lines, I would happily have bought a pup of either of them 👍

If you can't find the named lines you are after a quick scroll through Instagram will find you working whippet lines. Without going too far North, I have a hedgerunner dog who does the job for me and a litter brother also I know is good. Jolly quick have some good looking pups

2 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

If you can't find the named lines you are after a quick scroll through Instagram will find you working whippet lines. Without going too far North, I have a hedgerunner dog who does the job for me and a litter brother also I know is good. Jolly quick have some good looking pups

is that the name of the ped headgerunner  whippets ?  i might be wrong here , but going back when i had my none ped racing bitch , she was 20 in 20 lb , fast, good on rabbits , some of the males hit 23 in 34 lb , tough little dogs pile into foxes no prob if you let the buggers lol. they had in three genes  staff bull, greyhound , that give them that  toughness . agilty, pace, and not bsad stamina  for sprinters . i did see few ped   working  whippets back then in the 80s , being honest i felt the none ped offered that bit more , away from the track, ok all whippets feel the cold, and get knocked up feet  as working dogs . but if me i deff give a none ped whippet a go, or small grew , before i bought  a ped whippet , but that just me .?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bird said:

is that the name of the ped headgerunner  whippets ?  i might be wrong here , but going back when i had my none ped racing bitch , she was 20 in 20 lb , fast, good on rabbits , some of the males hit 23 in 34 lb , tough little dogs pile into foxes no prob if you let the buggers lol. they had in three genes  staff bull, greyhound , that give them that  toughness . agilty, pace, and not bsad stamina  for sprinters . i did see few ped   working  whippets back then in the 80s , being honest i felt the none ped offered that bit more , away from the track, ok all whippets feel the cold, and get knocked up feet  as working dogs . but if me i deff give a none ped whippet a go, or small grew , before i bought  a ped whippet , but that just me .?

This is the only whippet I've had, always lurchers before and I still have a collie x. Reason is that in East anglia the hatred to hare coursing is frothing at the mouth so it's a pain in the arse to be seen with a lurcher. (By the way, turns out having a whippet doesn't change much ,) anyway Hedgerunners are ped and at for least the litter I have one, from the males are big. Mine is 22" and 34lb. He's incredibly game, has tremendous stamina and is very quick. Sounds great although the downside is he puts 100% of his tiny brain into pursuit and that makes him a handful when hunting 

17 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

This is the only whippet I've had, always lurchers before and I still have a collie x. Reason is that in East anglia the hatred to hare coursing is frothing at the mouth so it's a pain in the arse to be seen with a lurcher. (By the way, turns out having a whippet doesn't change much ,) anyway Hedgerunners are ped and at for least the litter I have one, from the males are big. Mine is 22" and 34lb. He's incredibly game, has tremendous stamina and is very quick. Sounds great although the downside is he puts 100% of his tiny brain into pursuit and that makes him a handful when hunting 

Maybe that's why you're still getting attention if the dog is 22" and 34 lbs.😁 People will probably think it's a lurcher.

You want to get yourself one of those little MacArthur whippets that you can fit in your pocket.🤣

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Neal said:

Maybe that's why you're still getting attention if the dog is 22" and 34 lbs.😁 People will probably think it's a lurcher.

You want to get yourself one of those little MacArthur whippets that you can fit in your pocket.🤣

whippet size seems to vary even in same litters, I expected my bitch to be a bit bigger, she is 19tts and lighter built at only 23 pounds. she is very sharp catching stuff on hedgerows, embankments woods etc. she has sometimes caught stuff before I have realised she is on anything. size wise she is better suited to what I want her for, now if you want to lamp regularly and run big open ground then I think the bigger ones are better suited. 

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

My Little lady 17. 1/2 tts 23 lb loved the big ground back then big or small she’d slay em all 

85BBDEEB-FD74-4394-8D47-2D8A703C8F55.jpeg

Did she only run soft ground GL or could she run harder stuff only asking as the whippet type hybrids I have seen all had quite bad feet on them, not that it slowed them down at all lol

34 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Did she only run soft ground GL or could she run harder stuff only asking as the whippet type hybrids I have seen all had quite bad feet on them, not that it slowed them down at all lol

I ran that girl on all ground yes she favoured firmer ground but she’d shine on any type best I seen , and for Mac she caught enough and more for a little bitch , il never get better ever always felt I had the ace up me sleeve with her 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1