Season all f**ked up

1st Oxtober tomorrow and Ive got a Rose bush flowering in the garden.I cut back my raspberry plants 8 weeks ago and the new shoots are flowering and this morning out with the dogs Ive seen about a dozen baby rabbits that could barely be six weeks old.When I was a kid we'd start ferreting as soon as we went back to school after the summer holidays.

• Like 5

Been ferreting 3 days this week..had a few milky does...

Last week out night shooting saw something in the thermal...got out the truck 4 little leverets came running up round me...just a few week old...

• Like 1

Hedge rows showing no sign of dying back. Out with the metal detector could see small rabbit shit everywhere seen young in the hedges. Was thinking of having try with the ferrets going to be a struggle I think. Still picking Tomato's few Runners beans still flowering and picking a feed about once a week.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

Was gonna get out tomorrow for the first time this season with the ferrets myself....but decided we will have a day and  drive about knocking more doors, finding more places to go at... hopefully the cover starts dying off abit and we can make a start🤞

22 here at the mo, but I think nature works more to the hours of daylight than the weather, birds are still migrating etc leaves may stick around a bit longer but they seem to react quicker to weather change only a month or so ago they were shedding limbs to conserve water hoping as usual for a good cold winter with lots of snow but will make good of whatever comes along 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, mackem said:

Leaves are changing colour and dropping but it’s in the mid-20’s 29C tomorrow.

E5FC0142-00B4-4810-8B96-A018CB905F35.jpeg

18F69997-7622-43BC-8D28-972310C63EF3.jpeg

D14373D3-641D-4F1E-A403-4C7FBA8BE011.jpeg

Trees can do that when it's been really dry and they go into a early autumn sort of look,we had it in Norfolk a couple of three years ago or so..

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, fireman said:

Trees can do that when it's been really dry and they go into a early autumn sort of look,we had it in Norfolk a couple of three years ago or so..

Very dry and hot at the moment,still got the aircon on in the house.

• Like 1

Weird sort of Summer this year. Blackberries and Sloes were very early. The wind killed off a lot of leaves that then dropped but the rest are only just starting to turn here. There appears to be a bumper autumn harvest. That is said in folk law to be a sign of a bad winter to come. Don't believe a word of it mind Lol