XL Bully Ban Incoming

3 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Wait till they go on to kangals, alabais and Caucasian shepherds these are serious dogs 

Can't see them appealing to the same type of people TBH, they don't have the right look and are a lot harder to live with than a bull breed. Mostly paki drug dealers and the odd silly woman I've seen with them.

• Like 1

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's it... I'm out of here!! 

I'm pretty easy going and tolerant about most things ,but every time I see one of those big fat ugly useless earless bags of shite towing a skinny scruffy trackie wearing waste of space and his tattoo

Here's the common sense approach i.m.o... XL bullies added to the existing DDA. Making it illegal to breed and sell so, in theory no other dogs being added to the existing population. A

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, BGD said:

Can't see them appealing to the same type of people TBH, they don't have the right look and are a lot harder to live with than a bull breed. Mostly paki drug dealers and the odd silly woman I've seen with them.

What do you think will be the next big thing then? 

6 hours ago, YOKEL said:

Yep, the big difference for me is, the XL had no legitimate use, and is largely in the hands of f.ucking idiots, from what I've seen. I think the clowns will just get rid, the people who genuinely have them as pets will abide by the rules and keep them as such. Going back to the original DDA, I've said it before, and will stand by it, it was the best thing that could have happened to the genuine a.p.b.t. it left them largely back in the hands of the people who appreciated they're natural qualities. I honestly think if the only people who had ever owned them (a.p.b.t) were those who used them for the original reason they were bred, the general public wouldn't have had a f.ucking clue what they were!...

Yokel 

Absolutely right ive always said the same....it was no coincidence that there were no active gr ch's in 89/90 but then 3 or 4 by 94/95ish the quality of the dogs went sky high after the act it was the best thing that could possibly happen for the truest representatives of the breed.

Im not convinced there is the same dedication and passion for these XL things i can see them just dying out.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im not convinced there is the same dedication and passion for these XL things i can see them just dying out.

I make you right, and for the reasons I stated. The vast majority of people I've seen around these XL types are clowns who either want a hard looking dog, or, want to make money by selling hard looking dogs to clowns, and the dogs have no other purpose. Take that away/make it harder, and they'll just drop them.

The reason there was passionate/dedicated owners that kept the a.p.b.t. going after the DDA of 91, was because it wasn't about the money they could make out of them, but about the total appreciation/awe/addiction to their sporting qualities, and the breed was a whole lot better for it....j.m.o...

Yokel

Edited by YOKEL
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, YOKEL said:

I make you right, and for the reasons I stated. The vast majority of people I've seen around these XL types are clowns who either want a hard looking dog, or, want to make money by selling hard looking dogs to clowns, and the dogs have no other purpose. Take that away/make it harder, and they'll just drop them.

The reason there was passionate/dedicated owners that kept the a.p.b.t. going after the DDA of 91, was because it wasn't about the money they could make out of them, but about the total appreciation/awe/addiction to their sporting qualities, and the breed was a whole lot better for it....j.m.o...

Yokel

Spot on mate, when we had our old line bred staffs in the 60s, ours were more like some apbt of to day, ours hit 15 - 19 in and 40lb - 55lb,  ours were walked always on leads, and not public places, and if anybody ever seen them, they just thought they were leggy staffs, ours were all in kennel / runs, not really house dogs, nice temps, with us no good as guard dogs to daft, but wouldn't trust them with strange dogs. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bird said:

Spot on mate, when we had our old line bred staffs in the 60s, ours were more like some apbt of to day, ours hit 15 - 19 in and 40lb - 55lb,  ours were walked always on leads, and not public places, and if anybody ever seen them, they just thought they were leggy staffs, ours were all in kennel / runs, not really house dogs, nice temps, with us no good as guard dogs to daft, but wouldn't trust them with strange dogs. 

Did you work them then ray 

9 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Did you work them then ray 

They were me dad's  really, I walk them for him, he used to know lads got them, and sometimes take them out with him there. This was in the 60s, bit more relaxed about staffs then.