Don’t let your dog drink tap water

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I had to Google it, didn’t I ? Anyhow, the majority of articles say that tap water from a country with a good source, such as the UK , is perfectly fine for dogs, as it is for humans.

I’ve just ordered 500 bottles of volvic 

I always have a bowl of water out in the garden room for if the dogs are thirsty, always from the tap. However, they rarely drink from it and invariably prefer to drink the rusty coloured rain water w

Posted Images

On 03/09/2023 at 18:02, Whispering Whiskey 66 said:

What a load of bollocks your talking utter shite,,,, you been on here for just over a week and giving Shouts out like your some vet? Have a word with ye self, and give dogs Tap water over 20 years not one died because of the water it drank. How long have you been reading this nonsense, 

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🤣🤣🤣

Edited by elmafudd666

Means well, thought I'd share this I was out with dog and family walking a golf course during lockdown.

Kids were throwing ball for dog and he was hot, well looking in one of many small lakes for fish the dog goes in for a cool off in the rushes takes a drink no big deal got him, home and quickly realised he had taken on poison of sorts that I believe was fertiliser that had washed off the green, he cleared it just before vet trip he was eating his fur   vet bed , grass and plants in order to sick it up.

So one to watch out for, a question for the experienced owner is there any thing worth keeping at home that would induce vomiting?

4 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Means well, thought I'd share this I was out with dog and family walking a golf course during lockdown.

Kids were throwing ball for dog and he was hot, well looking in one of many small lakes for fish the dog goes in for a cool off in the rushes takes a drink no big deal got him, home and quickly realised he had taken on poison of sorts that I believe was fertiliser that had washed off the green, he cleared it just before vet trip he was eating his fur   vet bed , grass and plants in order to sick it up.

So one to watch out for, a question for the experienced owner is there any thing worth keeping at home that would induce vomiting?

1 or 2 cc of peroxide down the goozle will induce vomiting in seconds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Chaff said:

I have used that in the past but not for putting down mouth that stuff I got the impression it burns ?

My wife brushes her teeth with it with toothpaste to help whiten teeth.So have I.Ive used it to get rid of a lie bump on my tongue.Ive had several dogs to eat a large hunting sock over the years.The vets years ago told me to use peroxide.Its always worked without a problem. If you don't feel comfortable  with that I think active charcoal would be next best.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I used to live and work on a course in my early 20's...I lost a terrier suddenly through poisoning,thought it may of been someone I had upset had done it...but maybe she died after drinking from the ponds around the course?

Kind of makes sense👍

• Like 1

Thanks for that info I just looking I think there are a lot of different strengths of it so would imagine a real low percentage one for ingesting. 

Think the one I have would dissolve my my railings if I used it to brush me teeth 🤣

Just now, Daniel cain said:

I used to live and work on a course in my early 20's...I lost a terrier suddenly through poisoning,thought it may of been someone I had upset had done it...but maybe she died after drinking from the ponds around the course?

Kind of makes sense👍

Well DC it was all I could come up with as to what he had and those green keepers I was once told they use a type of fertiliser that kills the worms, in order to stop the moles from destroying the putting green.

If true must be some strong shit.

• Like 1

This time of year Blue/Green algae blooms are common. As these are surface blooms the wind will take them into the wind side banks, This stuff is poisonous to both dogs and humans. Symptoms start with vomiting and the shits,