FAC --- Medical Charge

I have 2 FAC, 1 personal and 1 for my Club.   2.5 years ago when I renewed my personal FAC the medical forms cost me £50, I thought that was rich for ticking a few boxes.

Now I'm renewing my Club FAC and need a new Medical (apparently my other medical is no use and they need an up to date one), I must stress, there are, and never have been any medical issues whatsoever over the years.

Point 1.....   I can get a variation and add a complete arsenal to my personal FAC, and no additional medical is required, but I can't simply renew my Club FAC, with no changes whatsoever, unless I provide a completed medical form.

Point 2....   My Surgery, the same one that charged me £50,  2.5 years ago, now want £120 for the medical form, they are taking the ****!!!

What are you being charged??????

39 minutes ago, Deker said:

I have 2 FAC, 1 personal and 1 for my Club.   2.5 years ago when I renewed my personal FAC the medical forms cost me £50, I thought that was rich for ticking a few boxes.

Now I'm renewing my Club FAC and need a new Medical (apparently my other medical is no use and they need an up to date one), I must stress, there are, and never have been any medical issues whatsoever over the years.

Point 1.....   I can get a variation and add a complete arsenal to my personal FAC, and no additional medical is required, but I can't simply renew my Club FAC, with no changes whatsoever, unless I provide a completed medical form.

Point 2....   My Surgery, the same one that charged me £50,  2.5 years ago, now want £120 for the medical form, they are taking the ****!!!

What are you being charged??????

ask your GP to take the fee out of the approx £200 that your surgery get just for you being on their list, if you GP is anything like mine you can't get to see them so they get money for nothing!

• Like 1

I got sent a letter by my GP acknowledging that I had FAC & SGC and that any future medical requests by myself they would not be issuing, which forces me to get a private company who will charge to request on my behalf, i have the pleasure of all this early next year, if it’s too much of a ball ache I will give it all up, which is exactly what they probably want.

1 hour ago, FLATTOP said:

I got sent a letter by my GP acknowledging that I had FAC & SGC and that any future medical requests by myself they would not be issuing, which forces me to get a private company who will charge to request on my behalf, i have the pleasure of all this early next year, if it’s too much of a ball ache I will give it all up, which is exactly what they probably want.

Dont give up then they have won. Shooting is my passion and cant imagine being without a gun or two.

My medical certificate cost £42

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This whole situation is getting out of hand, my surgery charged my wife last year £49 so I can live with that. My youngest daughter's boyfriend and his father need to renew their SGC as they both run out on the same day and their surgery wanted £300 each ! ! ! ! ! ! WTF. Needless to say they have done it through a third party for £60 each.

I think if I were you Deker, I would be adding the club guns to my fac as it seems to be a hell of a lot of cost and messing around particularly when you think all the applications / renewals are set (by the sound of it) to get very tricky indeed.

Phil