Fao.... Tomo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do me a favour Tomo me old mucker.... give Jeff Burrell a "quick" ring would ya and ask him what's the difference between a lurcher, tumbler, Smithfield, Norfolk and a "Anglo - stealthund" please pal

Good to see that lads are still debating various subjects,...it kinda gives an old enthusiast a wee bit of hope.....? Back in the day,...I bred several litters of nondescript , roustabout working

I’d rather a pup went to someone like that than most dog men, better than seeing them passed about

Posted Images

Him and his brother have crossed all sorts into these over the years and think people forget. Someone did a DNA test on a pup recently which was interesting and Jeff seemed worked up? not sure how reliable the tests are but there was husky, poodle, Labrador, others that I can't mind, possibly bull? Can't see it now

25 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Him and his brother have crossed all sorts into these over the years and think people forget. Someone did a DNA test on a pup recently which was interesting and Jeff seemed worked up? not sure how reliable the tests are but there was husky, poodle, Labrador, others that I can't mind, possibly bull? Can't see it now

I can understand the others but what kind of idiot put bull in there line 

• Haha 8
1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

He said himself that he had put Picardy into the line !

Cheers.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Yeah, advertised them crossed with all sorts over the years, but they are superior to everything else and can't be recreated with modern crosses ? 

On 21/07/2023 at 13:23, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

He also added Brittany spaniel as they have the best shoulders he's ever seen on a dog.  

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Is it safe to say it’s a gimmick 

What could be left of the old blood if it was there in the first place, with all the over breeding and outcrossing, the Brittany and Picardy are already right at the back of the Peds, in the time most people have had one dog. Some cracking looking dogs mind

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Black neck said:

There's summat wrong if u not got a bit of Brittany spaniel in your line 

There's summat wrong with the bit above the shoulders in Brittany's I wouldn't want that in a line.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gilbey said:

What could be left of the old blood if it was there in the first place, with all the over breeding and outcrossing, the Brittany and Picardy are already right at the back of the Peds, in the time most people have had one dog. Some cracking looking dogs mind

I was told he’ll put one or two different breeds into the line to improve what he sees as faults then levels everything out by going back to a greyhound, that’s when you buy a pup supposed to be some handy pups but who knows, still to much of a commercial enterprise for me, some lads on here might know different.

Good to see that lads are still debating various subjects,...it kinda gives an old enthusiast a wee bit of hope.....?

Back in the day,...I bred several litters of nondescript , roustabout working lurchers...

We used a local herding dog which his owners labelled,... a Blue Shag....

I watched the dog working both sheep and cattle, and I liked his style...

So, I put him across my honest old mouching/coursing bitch,...Mercedes?

Every resulting litter produced amazing looking pups,..and they generally came out extremely heavy coated, blues or Wheaten in colour.

Several lads asked to buy them,.but I never sold any,...I just gifted them to folk who I believed would give them a good life.....

Grand dogs, great days....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 10

To be honest a mate of mine had one off him a good few years ago now. Turned out to be nothing special but was willing to try, Easy to handle and not prone to injury. Mid, He did get given a hand written pedigree as long as his arm and half an A4 note pad on how to look after it when he went to pick it up.