Cabin in the woods

9 minutes ago, MH1 said:

This was for sale near me, bit more than a cabin and a bit out of my price range

WWW.RIGHTMOVE.CO.UK

1 bedroom detached house for sale in New Mill, St. Clears, Carmarthen, SA33 for...

Popular spot with the rhondda boys back in the day lol

• Haha 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This all reminds me of an old friend of my Father's. Not a cabin, but a cottage, out in the middle of nowhere.   Back in the 90's, my father used to do a lot of hunting, and fishing, and got in w

This is an outstanding post, overflowing with country lore, and will go into THL heritage archives 

. Bedford MK & MJ WWW.TRAVELLERHOMES.CO.UK Traveller trucks, buses, wagons, boats and more. Thousands of images of life on the road Bit of B

Posted Images

On 23/07/2023 at 22:34, Qbgrey said:

You would be throwing money after money trying to fight any woodland living, bad enough on a field . It is a lovely idea , I’ve often thought a nice clearing in the woods with a log cabin, fire on the go, a track weaving it’s way threw the trees. Just a dream I’m afraid

Not just  a dream  mate, I gave up everything I had  to live this life, house,job friends  family  .been living  in the edge of the  woods with  fantastic  views  over  Yorkshire  wolds now  for over one year , dogs love it rabbits  , deer ,all kinds of  wildlife  all round  me .Work for guy that  owns land . Life of  reily . Dream on.

• Like 2
Just now, wildman said:

Not just  a dream  mate, I gave up everything I had  to live this life, house,job friends  family  .been living  in the edge of the  woods with  fantastic  views  over  Yorkshire  wolds now  for over one year , dogs love it rabbits  , deer ,all kinds of  wildlife  all round  me .Work for guy that  owns land . Life of  reily . Dream on.

That’s great mate sounds wonderful, did you find getting planning easy? Is it in the woods ?. A great life by the sounds of it

6 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Not as popular as Drefach cafe back in the good old days..?

Miss them days. Never seen bunch of blokes look so guilty when a young lad wanders over to see what all the noise was about ? I missed the action and they all stood about literally whistling. Nothing to see here ??

now it’s bloody hobbit town dear god lol 

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, terryd said:

Miss them days. Never seen bunch of blokes look so guilty when a young lad wanders over to see what all the noise was about ? I missed the action and they all stood about literally whistling. Nothing to see here ??

now it’s bloody hobbit town dear god lol 

1st started going in there when all digging was legal the field on the left hand side of the cafe would be full of lurchers and terriers having a run around before everyone went to their various permissions, different world back then

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bakerboy said:

1st started going in there when all digging was legal the field on the left hand side of the cafe would be full of lurchers and terriers having a run around before everyone went to their various permissions, different world back then

A much better one 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

That’s great mate sounds wonderful, did you find getting planning easy? Is it in the woods ?. A great life by the sounds of it

Didn't need planning  permission  think he,d sorted  that before  ,had to dig my own water  supply  in from nearby  horse drinker then hand dig 400 yard to Bury electric  supply built my own sess pit with 100 yard soak away  ,3 large  gas bottles  run boiler, fire,cooker  , set back in edge of private  woods looking  over fields  towards  coast .wish I new how to post pictures  on here not very technically  minded  .

• Like 1
3 hours ago, wildman said:

Didn't need planning  permission  think he,d sorted  that before  ,had to dig my own water  supply  in from nearby  horse drinker then hand dig 400 yard to Bury electric  supply built my own sess pit with 100 yard soak away  ,3 large  gas bottles  run boiler, fire,cooker  , set back in edge of private  woods looking  over fields  towards  coast .wish I new how to post pictures  on here not very technically  minded  .

All you have to do is click on the add files in the box that comes up when you replying to a comment then your picture gallery will come up an click the one you want easy wildman

• Thanks 1