The Midlands Game Fair

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just this min got a letter from Colchester hospital, lung cancer consultant, the results of my mediastinoscopy,no evidence of cancer cells, good news eh lads, I was convinced I was on the way out, I f

Queerfest??? I hope thats rounding up and shooting them like a hard target film, if you can make it to the harbour alive you keep the money, now pick your weapon

If you don't mind me asking Ray ,what size is buck       buck

It’s got far too expensive to put on game fairs now.

A friend of mine ran the Yorkshire Gamefair for years, but the money the land owner wanted, third party insurance, marquee and generator hire, toilet hire and a miriad of other costs just made it economically unviable. Visitors were simply not willing to pay an entry fee that would even give a break even cost.

Another pal ran the EDRD show, just a show, not a game fair, but costs made it unviable to carry on.

I only support my local hunt shows now. I was at the Hayden Hunt show the other week, £3 entry to the show, £2 per dog to show, reasonable for a small show, but the land owner allows the use of the field for free.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Shame to hear that, i do agree the price of shows are extortionate these days, even the balmoral farm show over here at the old jail site is £100 quid in for us and to park, thats without buying a single thing, then youve the food stalls, market stalls etc, im switching to going to classic car shows now, free in and you can buy other stuff thats been jacked up on price a bit, its not being tight, its just a rip off to go to any big shows before buying stuff at twice the price on top, its a good way to kill off the local support

• Like 2

I got tired of half the stands being Chinese crap or stuff totally unrelated, rip off poor quality food , seemed more like a motor cross event the last one. My local big house is putting on queer fest I shit you not, that about sums up some of these country landowners

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, iworkwhippets said:

Went there many years ago with Paul mallatratt, of mallyfield whippets, extortionate prices then, I bought me n Paul a pastie each ,I didn't get much change from 11 quid 

I didn’t know you knew Mally !!

I spent a lot of time at his place hunting, shooting, coursing and lamping.

I returned the favours and he stayed at mine many times

Small world, I’m a great believer in “three steps removed”

Hope you are well mate and well on the way to recovery after your recent travails !

Cheers.

24 minutes ago, Borr said:

I got tired of half the stands being Chinese crap or stuff totally unrelated, rip off poor quality food , seemed more like a motor cross event the last one. My local big house is putting on queer fest I shit you not, that about sums up some of these country landowners

Queerfest??? I hope thats rounding up and shooting them like a hard target film, if you can make it to the harbour alive you keep the money, now pick your weapon

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Shame to hear that, i do agree the price of shows are extortionate these days, even the balmoral farm show over here at the old jail site is £100 quid in for us and to park, thats without buying a single thing, then youve the food stalls, market stalls etc, im switching to going to classic car shows now, free in and you can buy other stuff thats been jacked up on price a bit, its not being tight, its just a rip off to go to any big shows before buying stuff at twice the price on top, its a good way to kill off the local support

the local one to me is £55 for the family ticket  2 adults and 3 children including parking for the day  £46 if you book in advance which is ok Home - Welsh Game Fair

Edited by greg64

It on think 16-17th sep, but fookin £35 quid on the gate, I was going to look and try some cheep wellies on, poss Dunlop premium think £ 50 quid, but I've learnt the hard way with boots/clothes you deff need to try them 1st, so it be   1 1/2 drive, and if bought any, it be near £100 quid, that's with anything else, was taking old Buck with me, might his last game fair, to go to, he 11 in August, he OK for his age as yet. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, bird said:

It on think 16-17th sep, but fookin £35 quid on the gate, I was going to look and try some cheep wellies on, poss Dunlop premium think £ 50 quid, but I've learnt the hard way with boots/clothes you deff need to try them 1st, so it be   1 1/2 drive, and if bought any, it be near £100 quid, that's with anything else, was taking old Buck with me, might his last game fair, to go to, he 11 in August, he OK for his age as yet. 

Fook me I remember last time I went boot shopping with you at the Midland ..never laughed so much in all me life..

If any of you lot are going ...look out for Ray...you will have a right giggle...lol

On 17/07/2023 at 15:07, Borr said:

get shafted all ways?

• Haha 1

Talking to the bloke who sells hunting pics from the lakes a few years ago....the great Yorkshire show wanted £1500 for his trailer shop. Imagine adding fuel, accommodation,wages, food etc. You would need to sell £2000 worth of photos just to cover costs, that's not including the cost of producing the product.