Met police dog shooting

13 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Said this before as well and I agree . 

the caveat for myself is that in the right hands , a well conditioned, attuned and directed apbt is a sight to behold , the production of progeny from such a beast is what gives us the fantastic bull type runners . 

however when delivered in the wrong hands and raised by fools , there’s not a worse canine. A tragedy that the very thing that defines the breed is what compounds it’s ownership as an idiot magnet 

cracking dogs stiff but not something people should have as pets they need a certain type of owner 

• Like 6

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just read a few comments and someone is claiming they had attacked several people and dogs and the owner was off his box, recon it’s best to find out the facts before pointing fingers but sadly the do

Apparently they wasnt even his dogs he was looking after them for somebody in prison....theres another video of some demented blonde bint screaming like a lunatic because one of the dogs went too clos

That video on here is different to the one I seen on WhatsApp...the one I seen you see the guy set the dog on the police.... What exactly are they supposed to do..especially as those cops had rec

Posted Images

Unfortunately APBT's and Am Bullies appeal to a lot of people with little care for others, with their ego topping the charts. It's a real shame because the vast majority of these dogs are good family dogs and would die protecting them. Nothing is dangerous if it's kept under control and handled correctly. I raised my kids around pits and bandogs and never saw so much as a raised lip towards any of the family in 30 odd years. I believe most people shouldn't own these breeds, they just don't keep an eye on the animals and they should be left to experienced dog people.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Unfortunately APBT's and Am Bullies appeal to a lot of people with little care for others, with their ego topping the charts. It's a real shame because the vast majority of these dogs are good family dogs and would die protecting them. Nothing is dangerous if it's kept under control and handled correctly. I raised my kids around pits and bandogs and never saw so much as a raised lip towards any of the family in 30 odd years. I believe most people shouldn't own these breeds, they just don't keep an eye on the animals and they should be left to experienced dog people.

Sorry but It’s exactly that attitude that leads to where they are now imho 

21 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

my kids are always around the mutts but never by thereself i wouldn’t dream of getting a pit or pit/mastiff cross etc and having it around me kids any dog can turn for any number a reasons and a pit or xl will cause real  damage in the blink of an eye why put yourself in that position 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

my kids are always around the mutts but never by thereself i wouldn’t dream of getting a pit or pit/mastiff cross etc and having it around me kids any dog can turn for any number a reasons and a pit or xl will cause real  damage in the blink of an eye why put yourself in that position 

Because I know the dogs, educate the kids and watch them. A fox terrier could kill a kid, they have and would also be a lot more likely to attack than a bull breed. There is always a small chance but in the situation I was in the dogs were needed and it would have been a lot less safe without them. The dogs I had to watch the most around the kids were the lurcher types.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Because I know the dogs, educate the kids and watch them. A fox terrier could kill a kid, they have and would also be a lot more likely to attack than a bull breed. There is always a small chance but in the situation I was in the dogs were needed and it would have been a lot less safe without them. The dogs I had to watch the most around the kids were the lurcher types.

i wouldn’t trust or be naive enough to

think i know the dog that well mate as you say any can attack a kid but a bull type you’d have seconds if you was lucky 

i don’t need a bull type so weren’t in that position 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Would a fox terrier be able to inflict life changing / destroying injuries with one or two bites ?? 

would you think a fox terrier would drag a child around by the neck until it was severed from the torso ?? 

You come across as a sound lad to be honest mate , which is why I find it hugely surprising to read your opinion of this , a man knows his own dogs agreed but as Mchull has said , why take a risk?  

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Would a fox terrier be able to inflict life changing / destroying injuries with one or two bites ?? 

would you think a fox terrier would drag a child around by the neck until it was severed from the torso ?? 

You come across as a sound lad to be honest mate , which is why I find it hugely surprising to read your opinion of this , a man knows his own dogs agreed but as Mchull has said , why take a risk?  

I totally agree there's no chances taken here  or second chances given I wouldn't have that sort of dog round me as I have no need for one or nor  would I have a dog that I even considered a risk especially round kids 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i wouldn’t trust or be naive enough to

think i know the dog that well mate as you say any can attack a kid but a bull type you’d have seconds if you was lucky 

i don’t need a bull type so weren’t in that position 

Have you ever owned pitbulls before? I'd hardly call it naive when I've spent the majority of my life with bull breeds and none have shown aggression to the family in any form. Humans are far more dangerous than dogs. When you live in isolated areas over here a sighthound isn't going to cut it protecting your family, you need man stopping dogs with stable temperaments.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I've heard of wire fox terriers killing babies, it would only take one bite. The risk of owning protection dogs like I had and them attacking my kids was extremely small. When you live hours from any help these dogs are invaluable. As I said there is always a slight risk. I've owned these breeds for over 45 years. Same with dogs like Boerboels in Africa, they could kill anyone quite easily but they don't own them for nothing. These type of dogs don't belong in suburbia though. I agree these dogs being called nanny dogs is misleading to uneducated people looking for a dog, they are serious protection animals and need experienced handling.

• Like 2