Beef tallow, lamb tallow, goat tallow

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Puts weight on my dogs got something  to do with eating it one thinks ? 

I find tripe great for Keeping weight on a dog. Have fed it to all my dogs for years.  

Grown dogs can't handle milk, what animal drinks it within nature, once they are weaned & full size? Over the last couple of years I've cut back my dog numbers, the 2/3s that are left still e

Posted Images

Tallow is good for humans and dogs as a broth. I think beef is best and preferably grass fed. Good for feeding leather and also for hard skin on feet or lip balm in winter. Melt and add pure virgin Olive oil bees wax and camphor oil for hard skin, leave out camphor for lip balm. You can use coconut oil instead of olive oil. 

• Like 1
On 03/05/2023 at 18:04, moonlighter said:

I find tripe puts weight on my dogs. Maybe because they eat more of it than some other foods, or because it’s high in calories.. not sure, but mine do well on it, especially when I work them hard. 

If you leave tripe outside, nothing eats it...not foxes badgers or even crows. I think thats all we need to know about tripe, hence the saying "dont talk tripe"  

• Haha 2
On 03/05/2023 at 21:48, dodger said:

Does anyone feed coes milk I was always led to believe its a no no due to the lactose but I often give mine plenty even a pint each with there food n never a problem..

Gave dogs cows milk in the past never had an issue. 1 particular bitch was a big fan of cheese too and it never did her any harm now and again.

In relation to your above post that Millie’s wolfheart is good gear they sell it near me 

3 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Gave dogs cows milk in the past never had an issue. 1 particular bitch was a big fan of cheese too and it never did her any harm now and again.

In relation to your above post that Millie’s wolfheart is good gear they sell it near me 

Yeh I feed a lot of cheese as well mate and like you never an issue just yesterday they had a block of cheese some black pudding n some pasta they not been toilet yet

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, dodger said:

Yeh I feed a lot of cheese as well mate and like you never an issue just yesterday they had a block of cheese some black pudding n some pasta they not been toilet yet

Try them on wafer thin ham