Racoons in UK

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a few pictures of otter on a trail cam of mine , nice animals can ruin a fishery rather quickly mind 

I think your FEO is wrong , as I understand it all birds and animals are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 unless they are a game species which have seasons or a pest species cover

Diane Abbott ? she has history of being bad with numbers ?

Posted Images

On 10/04/2023 at 21:09, Rickshaw swami said:

I can't speak for y'alls beaver.American beaver won't travel 70 miles.Maybe 10 or 15.I catch several beaver each winter a few hundred yards from water.When there is heavy flooding rain they will travel way up small ditches that normally don't hold water to reach new areas.If you give a beaver a cup of water he will build you an ocean lol.

20230410_190326.jpg.97ab0ce5de8591f5d56ea9d90b5ba6e6.jpg

Just seen three small beaver lodges on a walk earlier,and a few muskrat swimming.

• Like 2
On 05/07/2023 at 12:26, mackem said:

Just seen three small beaver lodges on a walk earlier,and a few muskrat swimming.

I enjoy watching muskrats.They have a tough life.The other night I was out and seen 4 baby coons that appeared orphaned. As I approached them in my kayak,their mama appeared over the dirt bank and began growling.I speak fluent coon so began making the fighting noises of 2 big boar coons.knowing the sow and babies would run.It worked lol.

Screenshot_20230709-073117_Gallery.jpg.8a0bd595711bb0e8b87d473886ec9059.jpg

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I enjoy watching muskrats.They have a tough life.The other night I was out and seen 4 baby coons that appeared orphaned. As I approached them in my kayak,their mama appeared over the dirt bank and began growling.I speak fluent coon so began making the fighting noises of 2 big boar coons.knowing the sow and babies would run.It worked lol.

Screenshot_20230709-073117_Gallery.jpg.8a0bd595711bb0e8b87d473886ec9059.jpg

Power cut in Bradford?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2023 at 18:16, MH1 said:

WWW.WALESONLINE.CO.UK

Sightings are rare and the animals have never been seen at the racecourse before

Bit unusual for down this way, unless they've escaped from somewhere. 

Theirs a boar that was seen in pen Arthur qoods near llangadog recently . It got caught in the end and another one has been seen close by since 

On 17/07/2023 at 23:19, Welsh_red said:

Theirs a boar that was seen in pen Arthur qoods near llangadog recently . It got caught in the end and another one has been seen close by since 

I was up that way today, kept an eye out but unsurprisingly didn't see anything lol

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Nice capture Mack .How’s your latest case going in that new CID role ,lol.

Couldn’t find the cats in the uk so we have relocated stateside,working Roswell and Area 51 then heading north to help Les Stroud on the Sasquatch project,the world is full of mysteries.

022771C2-653C-4E69-988C-95E2E7052583.gif

• Haha 1
On 05/04/2023 at 21:25, EDDIE B said:

More recent sighting

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The creature was filmed running up to a bus stop in Muswell Hill before scurrying away.

Stone me thats so weird about 6 months ago i was driving home from Ware in Hertfordshire early hours of the morning and saw an animal dodge into a hedge that i just couldnt fathom....i googled loads,even thought about asking on here but thought folk would just blow a raspberry at me.....its been bugging me for ages but seeing and reading that im now convinced it was a skunk.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Stone me thats so weird about 6 months ago i was driving home from Ware in Hertfordshire early hours of the morning and saw an animal dodge into a hedge that i just couldnt fathom....i googled loads,even thought about asking on here but thought folk would just blow a raspberry at me.....its been bugging me for ages but seeing and reading that im now convinced it was a skunk.

The Forest of Dean has a few about, I,m sure there are others on here that remember them being walked about on leads at every country show you went to years ago, I think it was a change in law again that saw them being released, something to do with the scent glands being removed I think and no one wanted them after that which was when they started popping up in the wild 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The Forest of Dean has a few about, I,m sure there are others on here that remember them being walked about on leads at every country show you went to years ago, I think it was a change in law again that saw them being released, something to do with the scent glands being removed I think and no one wanted them after that which was when they started popping up in the wild 

Wasn't there an old video, showing some lad with a heap of them for sale at a show or something? I might be wrong, but think it was def somewhere in England

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Wasn't there an old video, showing some lad with a heap of them for sale at a show or something? I might be wrong, but think it was def somewhere in England

I can imagine them being nice pets,until they start backing up to you and you know what’s coming.There was footage taken by a bloke who saw one in the road,it started walking off and he was chasing it shouting “Hold on” or “Stop” or something.

• Like 1