Sleep deprivation

Just now, mushroom said:

I was the same when I lived in Blighty. Easy to do when you don’t live in a city. At least an hour for me to get anywhere near nature :cry:

I used to hate working and trying to sleep in places like London, Manchester, Liverpool etc... Would think somewhere like Barcelona would be a 24 hr gaff too...always some f***ing oddball making a noise?I'm not a fan of big city's and towns

3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Why did they need a nightwatchman on a golf course mate?

It was out the way and suffered from alot of theft/diesel etc and the Pro shop full of gear ,also an armed robbery before I started ....It was quite a popular wedding venue...If you hit it right,upwards of 60k in the safe,I used to have the owners 2 ridgebacks for company,my mate worked the bar and Watchman Monday to Friday,we had a little cottage we lived in on site that was rent free...good days,no phones,no stress and all the pest control....sold off a few yrs ago...big outdoor pursuits place now,zip wires,etc,moved in October 99 and left 2003?

MOUNTAINVIEWRANCH.CO.UK

• Like 4

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you f**kers wanna try a good days graft.Up at 5.30 and out with the dogs for 1/2 hour 45mins.All day concreting/slabbing/bricklaying/fencing etc.Out for at least another hour with the mutts wh

You need to burn off a bit more energy then instead of sitting around in your armchair all day telling whoppers on thl about how far you walk 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Its a b*****d that having a piss dream isn't it 

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I used to hate working and trying to sleep in places like London, Manchester, Liverpool etc... Would think somewhere like Barcelona would be a 24 hr gaff too...always some f***ing oddball making a noise?I'm not a fan of big city's and towns

It was out the way and suffered from alot of theft/diesel etc and the Pro shop full of gear ,also an armed robbery before I started ....It was quite a popular wedding venue...If you hit it right,upwards of 60k in the safe,I used to have the owners 2 ridgebacks for company,my mate worked the bar and Watchman Monday to Friday,we had a little cottage we lived in on site that was rent free...good days,no phones,no stress and all the pest control....sold off a few yrs ago...big outdoor pursuits place now,zip wires,etc,moved in October 99 and left 2003?

MOUNTAINVIEWRANCH.CO.UK

Took many a rabbit from the surrounding areas there, d c, and a few from the ground itself, in the 80's.

Used to have a couple of cold ones in the lewis Arms before we headed home.  ?

Never caused no grief there, though.  Or anywhere else, for that matter.  ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2

Ive heard all sorts of reasons for poor sleep over the years i used to go with the " clear conscience " theory on why id go through struggles with sleep but ive come to realise that you do catch up with the correct amount of sleep you just dont always get it when you want it.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I'm a shit sleeper, my brain dont seem to switch off... I sometimes fight to stay awake, its a weird feeling of not wanting to nod off... dunno why... 

Im going to sound soppy as a sack now but have you ever tried them relaxing sound type sleep apps ?.....i always thought they was a load of nonsense but gave them a try and they actually did help......as you say though its only yourself that can switch your mind off and its not always easy.

• Like 1
Just now, gnasher16 said:

Im going to sound soppy as a sack now but have you ever tried them relaxing sound type sleep apps ?.....i always thought they was a load of nonsense but gave them a try and they actually did help......as you say though its only yourself that can switch your mind off and its not always easy.

Mrs brought me decent headphones for Christmas, I listen to random pod casts and drop off...but jump awake a bit later and lay there again...don't think pod casts are good though as they stimulate I suppose...

I'll give that a go cheers mate, my brother said the same so certainly worth a try

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Mrs brought me decent headphones for Christmas, I listen to random pod casts and drop off...but jump awake a bit later and lay there again...don't think pod casts are good though as they stimulate I suppose...

I'll give that a go cheers mate, my brother said the same so certainly worth a try

Dont go near the dripping tap ones or you'll just be jumping out the bed for a leak every 5 minutes ?....but the soft tidal waves crashing in on a nice low volume have done the trick for me many a time...." quieting the mind " they call it.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Trust me you really don’t wanna do that it’s messy….

in the doc`s again this morning to try and sort out pain relief, no real answers but have to stop one of the ones I take now, they suspect it`s fecking up my liver, don`t know what my options are, green did sod all, booze is not an option (see liver above), got a few morphine capsules but really don`t want to risk getting hooked on them, options???

16 hours ago, shaaark said:

Took many a rabbit from the surrounding areas there, d c, and a few from the ground itself, in the 80's.

Used to have a couple of cold ones in the lewis Arms before we headed home.  ?

Never caused no grief there, though.  Or anywhere else, for that matter.  ?

still some bits and pieces about for a day/night with a  runner... plenty of stuff if your into your digging...knocked 2 out of cover yesterday from the old quarry,one shot off down an old tunnel enterence in the quarry face?...only place on that mountain you don't want to drop a dog ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Dont go near the dripping tap ones or you'll just be jumping out the bed for a leak every 5 minutes ?....but the soft tidal waves crashing in on a nice low volume have done the trick for me many a time...." quieting the mind " they call it.

They do work I just can’t have any background noise or who knows someone could be kicking the door in whilst im listening to whale noises ?

1 hour ago, neil82 said:

in the doc`s again this morning to try and sort out pain relief, no real answers but have to stop one of the ones I take now, they suspect it`s fecking up my liver, don`t know what my options are, green did sod all, booze is not an option (see liver above), got a few morphine capsules but really don`t want to risk getting hooked on them, options???

Try edibles ?

1 hour ago, neil82 said:

wild lettuce is a natural pain relief also known as opium lettuce Nature’s Strongest Painkiller Is More Effective Than Morphine And Is Likely To Grow In Your Garden | Doctor Farrah MD (drfarrahmd.com)

• Like 1