Pups for sale

If I had a litter of pups ,first place I'd put them on his here ,why is it people who take litters And  put them up for sale on free adds for pet homes to see , wouldn't it be best to let them go to working homes at decent price ?

Edited by Moocher71
  • Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There aint a lot on here working their dogs regularly. This means a lot of dogs are sitting about in kennels having a miserable life. Then when the dogs don't perform, they get pasted from pillar to p

Yeah,..I gift pups to folk that understand jukels.... I only breed when I need a new youngster,..and when I have made my choice,..I keep it out of the way when lads come to collect theirs. G

I reared a litter 3 years ago,let them all go for 150 or less,cost me loads to feed em and innoculations,never made a profit or broke even,but I never tried to ,but a man is perfectly within his right

Posted Images

I'm guessing this is aimed at me...mine are going to working homes..at a decent price...I didn't put them on here because of things like this..you said you would rather breed your own for 600..I think you'll find kenneling,feeding,bedding,cleaning worming  ,jabbing a greyhound year round and rearing a litter will cost treble this..if you're lucky..

Edited by northern lad
miswording
  • Like 13

There aint a lot on here working their dogs regularly. This means a lot of dogs are sitting about in kennels having a miserable life. Then when the dogs don't perform, they get pasted from pillar to post or worse.

In an ideal world, you'd want your pups to be given plenty of time and a home for life. If they are worked properly, well that's a bonus.

Over the past 40 year of working dogs, I've had six litters and all have been bred for mine and my friends own use. 

Most of the pups have been worked, but a few have had a great life in active pet homes and even then they worked, even if the owners weren't involved ?

All of the pups I've had, have had a good amount of homes before conception. If your bitch is good enough to breed and people trust your judgement in picking a stud dog, then people will want the pups. Too many substandard working dogs about to breed more, so why bother breeding. Only the best should be bred. 

I keep a close eye on pups I've produced. If a pup is out performing my pup and turns out to be a better worker, then I want my next pup out of that and not mine.

Thing is when you sell pups, then you are not in charge of their destiny. If you gift pups or take a small fee for the effort, then you can demand terms of the dog coming back if not suitable or situations change.

• Like 15
2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

If I had a litter of pups ,first place I'd put them on his here ,why is it people who take litters And  put them up for sale on free adds for pet homes to see , wouldn't it be best to let them go to working homes at decent price ?

Some times no.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, northern lad said:

I'm guessing this is aimed at me...mine are going to working homes..at a decent price...I didn't put them on here because of things like this..you said you would rather breed your own for 600..I think you'll find kenneling,feeding,bedding,cleaning worming  ,jabbing a greyhound year round and rearing a litter will cost treble this..if you're lucky..

Some lads do all that an still gift pups away £600 is alot of money for a working dog that may not make any good ?

• Like 6
8 hours ago, northern lad said:

No ,not at all but if your breeding a litter of working pups why not put them on here first ,also looking at the bedy grey lurcher threads they good few lads who have asked about pups so maybe give them a chance to get one and the you can pick who you let them  go to 

Like I said I got my first X for 100 so I wouldn't be paying 600 

IMG20221229132959.jpg

IMG20221229132952.jpg

IMG20221223134742.jpg

• Like 4
7 hours ago, leegreen said:

I have kept pups to a good age, just to make sure they have gone to the best and most suitable homes.

Of course you do your best by them and me make  sure they getting the best homes you can find ,check the thread house lurchers ,lot of lads on here treat them like the hero's they are ,

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

No ,not at all but if your breeding a litter of working pups why not put them on here first ,also looking at the bedy grey lurcher threads they good few lads who have asked about pups so maybe give them a chance to get one and the you can pick who you let them  go to 

Like I said I got my first X for 100 so I wouldn't be paying 600 

IMG20221229132959.jpg

IMG20221229132952.jpg

IMG20221223134742.jpg

I pmd somebody who was looking for one on here,someone who actually gets out and grafts his dog..I offered him one for 300 but he's already sorted..Nice dog BTW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tank34 said:

Some lads do all that an still gift pups away £600 is alot of money for a working dog that may not make any good ?

You're right tank,but I simply couldn't afford to do that..likes been said,plenty want them but I got off my arse and went to the trouble/expense of taking the greyhounds on and doing it..a good friend of mine was gifted one...another pup was being gifted but there was only one bitch..I enjoy having the greyhounds and put a lot of time into them,it's not a chore,but surely I can't be expected to do all the work year round,pay for it all and then just give the pups away to strangers on the Internet.As I said earlier I could have sold these pups at least five times over...the first one going through the ad is going to London to a good owner and will be a lamping dog..

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, northern lad said:

You're right tank,but I simply couldn't afford to do that..likes been said,plenty want them but I got off my arse and went to the trouble/expense of taking the greyhounds on and doing it..a good friend of mine was gifted one...another pup was being gifted but there was only one bitch..I enjoy having the greyhounds and put a lot of time into them,it's not a chore,but surely I can't be expected to do all the work year round,pay for it all and then just give the pups away to strangers on the Internet.As I said earlier I could have sold these pups at least five times over...the first one going through the ad is going to London to a good owner and will be a lamping dog..

I get what your saying , you could probably get twice as much for pups on beddy sites on Facebook to pet home , good luck with pups hope thay get the working homes you want pal ?any pics of greyhound an beddy you used be nice to see ?

• Like 3