New football thread

11 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

That’s a quality team that is mate 

I’m picturing the triangles an overlapping Zanetti, Beckham and Zidane would create now as I type this ! Lol 

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

Went to a man u game other night. I was expecting meat pies in the stands, flares and smoke bombs and dodging other firms on the way home!

Sat in a crowd that looked like the United colours of Benetton and surrounded by more left wing signs than sandymeres bedroom wall. 

PXL_20230926_174239114.jpg

PXL_20230926_195955361.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Haha 1

I watched Sheffield Wednesday last night don't know what's gone wrong this season chairman having a pop at the fans and not putting anymore money in team all over the place it's sad to see I thought they would be ok this season after promotion last season hopefully they can pull it round 

• Like 1
On 28/09/2023 at 19:32, DIDO.1 said:

Went to a man u game other night. I was expecting meat pies in the stands, flares and smoke bombs and dodging other firms on the way home!

Sat in a crowd that looked like the United colours of Benetton and surrounded by more left wing signs than sandymeres bedroom wall. 

PXL_20230926_174239114.jpg

PXL_20230926_195955361.jpg

My old man is Leeds fan and he sends me this type of thing daily!!

IMG-20230927-WA0009.jpg.bdd5539d92d72059c90a24e2fcc4ca5f.jpg

• Like 1
On 28/09/2023 at 19:15, WILF said:

Very decent shout that mate.

I’d go:

Ronaldo Nazario & Henry up front 

Zidane & Scholes in the middle

ronaldo & Beckham left and right 

Maldini LB…..has to be 

Staam & Terry CB

Zanetti RB 

Kahn GK 

Subs:

Di Canio, Ashley Cole, Battistuta, Keane, Dicks, Ferdinand, Edison

I can’t believe you’ve left out your all time fave number 10 

Somebody has got it in for me. I left 2 tickets for Man Utd on my dash. Came back to a smashed window. The thief had left my tickets intact and donated two tickets for next weeks Man U game.

Edited by jukel123
25 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Somebody has got it in for me. I left 2 tickets for Man Utd on my dash. Came back to a smashed window. The thief had left my tickets intact and donated two tickets for next weeks Man U game.

Reminds me of the old joke; “burgalars broke into wor hoose and left a ten bob note on the mantle piece”….  
Cheers.

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Reminds me of the old joke; “burgalars broke into wor hoose and left a ten bob note on the mantle piece”….  
Cheers.

That old  dry working mens club humour is only funny to our generation . I love old videos of The Comedians, Les Dawson, Benny Hill etc on YouTube. Harmless, often politically incorrect, non smart arse, fun. These whippersnappers  don't know what they're missing.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

So VAR got it wrong...human error. I thought  the purpose of VAR was to eliminate human error. VAR is a farce.

The officials at the Liverpool / Spurs game were absolute Sunday league standard yesterday…..it was diabolical !

Never mind VAR, how does a linesman never mind a top level linesman even behind to give offside against Liverpool ?

Then the yellow card against Jota for the first foul ?……that’s a howler !

It was a very, very embarrassing day for the referee fraternity yesterday ! 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, WILF said:

The officials at the Liverpool / Spurs game were absolute Sunday league standard yesterday…..it was diabolical !

Never mind VAR, how does a linesman never mind a top level linesman even behind to give offside against Liverpool ?

Then the yellow card against Jota for the first foul ?……that’s a howler !

It was a very, very embarrassing day for the referee fraternity yesterday ! 

But there are very few repercussions . 

if klopp had cane out and said exactly what he thought , he’d be up on an fa charge quicker than you can say “can’t do 5 kick ups “ 

• Like 2
On 28/09/2023 at 19:15, WILF said:

Very decent shout that mate.

I’d go:

Ronaldo Nazario & Henry up front 

Zidane & Scholes in the middle

ronaldo & Beckham left and right 

Maldini LB…..has to be 

Staam & Terry CB

Zanetti RB 

Kahn GK 

Subs: