classic cars

expect this one will go for a tab more than  estimated...

WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

AN ICONIC Ford Sierra RS Cosworth is up for sale at auction but comes with an eye-watering price.The 1986 Ford...

• Like 1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love classic cars I used to do a lot of spanner work on a lot of classics an full restorations on vw campers an beetles the last car I built my self was the little mini below she was a bear shell nu

Can’t beat an old classic     

Cheers, D.  

Posted Images

I’d have a guess at between 80/90k, the same auction house had a 500 with a starting bid of 100k, a mate of mine had a 3 door in moonstone blue, I rebuilt the engine in it, t3 turbo, light grey injectors, group A head set, pocketed pistons, the lot, it was a proper weapon, he was on a ban and took chase in it, lost it on a roundabout and put it up a lamppost, literally bent the car in half, if anyone had of been in the passenger seat they would of been dead, he got 18months for it

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

I’d have a guess at between 80/90k, the same auction house had a 500 with a starting bid of 100k, a mate of mine had a 3 door in moonstone blue, I rebuilt the engine in it, t3 turbo, light grey injectors, group A head set, pocketed pistons, the lot, it was a proper weapon, he was on a ban and took chase in it, lost it on a roundabout and put it up a lamppost, literally bent the car in half, if anyone had of been in the passenger seat they would of been dead, he got 18months for it

A friend has a 4 door that he reshelled in the late 90s that was also bent round an electric pole, perfect impression of the pole almost halfway through the car from the passenger side. 

Used an ex cop car for the shell. 

• Like 1

The price of them has gone through the roof now, not that long ago they were worth more in bits, me and the lad who had the 3 door used to have a unit where we would break cars, I paid 1500 quid for a 4x4 saf that had been under a truck and made my money back selling the head/block and crank, the last one we did before he went off to spend a long stretch at her majesty’s B&B was a RS500 and the money we made from it was mental, front bumper splitter £500, bare front bumper £1200, bare dash case £1800 this was early 2000’s so god knows what sort of money this stuff goes for now 

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2

Love watching bangers and cash ,some of the barn finds are great,seems a great family business, will be disappointed when one of yous say they are a corrupt bunch of cnuts in reality lol ,how I wish I'd got a barn full of old minis ! 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Love watching bangers and cash ,some of the barn finds are great,seems a great family business, will be disappointed when one of yous say they are a corrupt bunch of cnuts in reality lol ,how I wish I'd got a barn full of old minis ! 

Yup be nice . I have a mint mini pick up , did have 2 but moved it on.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Went to see some beach raceing today with kids made a nice afternoon out , mostly American cars 

20230423_134255.jpg

20230423_133554.jpg

20230423_132953.jpg

That looks great a day out , my lad loves the Americana classics. Where was that at mate??? 

On 22/04/2023 at 14:14, Stavross said:

If im not wrong they only made the proper 3 door RS500's in Black,White and Moonstone Blue im pretty sure only 500 were built hence the name which i always thought was the Bhp but they was only around 300 i think.....i remember the first time i ever went in one it was like i was in some sort of computer game i just couldnt believe how quick they were.....couldnt afford one at the time but have had a few cars. with Cosworth engines in since,always thought there was something very special about them old motors

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

If im not wrong they only made the proper 3 door RS500's in Black,White and Moonstone Blue im pretty sure only 500 were built hence the name which i always thought was the Bhp but they was only around 300 i think.....i remember the first time i ever went in one it was like i was in some sort of computer game i just couldnt believe how quick they were.....couldnt afford one at the time but have had a few cars. with Cosworth engines in since,always thought there was something very special about them old motors

The cossies where one of my all time favourites, although i always had a sopt spot for the rs turbos, those sounded and looked class motors in my teens in the 90s

• Like 1