Leave the mods alone and get outdoors?Pics from your walk ?

3 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Can anyone tell what's in the tree in the last pic? 

First person to get it right can have an imaginary Mr Whippy with an imaginary flake and imaginary monkeys blood  ?

IMG_20230216_113835_HDR.jpg

Imaginary owl?

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I wil start, lovely morning 2 degrees and sunny, so been out walking from valley floor to ridge top, very little about apart from someone else’s pheasants that kept the dogs amused for an hour, few

Put a bit of meat on the table yesterday

Can't fault you mate!! 2.5 hr for me from here.. so doable in a day. Been out with the fell packs there and back in a day.. bloody long day mind! My sister lives in Penrith and knows the area pre

Posted Images

On 09/02/2023 at 22:25, foxdropper said:

In the world of deer management ,talking about culling them is the done thing rather than just doing it .This is why numbers are on the up and up .

I see,makes sense....i remember reading about it in the local paper at least 5 years ago....then virtually the same article again the other week.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Can anyone tell what's in the tree in the last pic? 

First person to get it right can have an imaginary Mr Whippy with an imaginary flake and imaginary monkeys blood  ?

IMG_20230216_101803_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230216_103916_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230216_104708_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230216_105315_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230216_112707_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230216_105752.jpg

IMG_20230216_143200.jpg

IMG_20230216_143434_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230216_114919_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230216_113835_HDR.jpg

Little owl ?can I have nuts on mine ?

5B9CFC3B-958D-41C6-8440-2BB493E4634F.jpeg

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I see,makes sense....i remember reading about it in the local paper at least 5 years ago....then virtually the same article again the other week.

There’s too many renting leases who have no fecking idea how to control deer mate .Fallow need a firm hand in culling which never relaxes .I know quite a few who pay 3-4 grand a year and only go in the rut to shoot the big bucks .It’s the does need culling not the bucks within reason .It’s the does that breed and there will always be a buck to serve does .Should be compulsory to kill x amount of does or your out and bring the price down to let the average man have a chance at real management .

• Like 2

Strange when you read these posts and memories come flooding back. My aunt Peggy and uncle Bob had the stables at Upper Hyndhope. My brother and I aged 9 and 8 cycled from Melrose to visit them. I remember going through the ford which I guess was the Teviot. The days when your parents allowed you to do such things. Jok.

• Like 8