Energy Prices

This is getting silly now, Unprecedented Profits for Energy companies, Personally My Bill for the period 25th November to 24th December.

Gas £237.64

Electric £108.61

Total   £346.25

Surly this is unsustainable for the majority of people in this Country, In fact i would go as far as saying its indefensible. The pursuit of Corporate Profit has been placed ahead of Humanity, 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sandy seems to think if you are anti Labour, anti EU and think having Corbyn, Mc Donnell and Abbot running the country is absolutely insane, you are automatically a Tory ! Well, no, I voted Labou

Why would the government and big energy companies want to invest money into ways people can live off-grid and independent from them??  It's a business and the world is a business. It has nothing

Other than knocking lights off,stuff off standby,we have carried on regardless since all these energy price hikes started....Gas, Electric and the mortgage,is just shy of £1200 per month,add fuel to g

Posted Images

2 hours ago, paulus said:

This is getting silly now, Unprecedented Profits for Energy companies, Personally My Bill for the period 25th November to 24th December.

Gas £237.64

Electric £108.61

Total   £346.25

Surly this is unsustainable for the majority of people in this Country, In fact i would go as far as saying its indefensible. The pursuit of Corporate Profit has been placed ahead of Humanity, 

Why not have your annual bill averaged out and then  pay monthly? Saves nasty winter bills.

4 hours ago, paulus said:

Gas £237.64

Electric £108.61

Total   £346.25

Mine went from 55 a month to around the same as yours , that’s a massive hit for any family , we have the heating in for two hoursish a day when the kids get up and when they come in from school , we’re all healthy , two kids , no issues really , but as I type this my Mrs is stood in a hoody , leggings a pair of pyjama bottoms and my artic warfare socks . ???

between fuel , electric , gas , the price of a night out , I do worry about how a lot of the younger couples around us manage , this month , I’ve had three very unexpected outlays that have rinsed us out , no biggy but the timing could have been better tbh , you have to juggle your     Expenses to cope with the basics at the minute . Seeing a lot of young families struggling , there’s few things worse than seeing or hearing snide comments about living within your means etc as the reality is life’s efforts are stacked against the average 2. 4 family . 

what can you do other than batten down and do your best ?? 

• Like 7

Mine for 22nd of November to 21st December combined was just over £270 and that was in a month where me and her were not in the house much, the past 5 days we have used £80, it’s only going to go up next year and with the interest rate the way it is when my mortgage comes up for renewal in 10 months time that’s going to be another financial hit, financially me and her are in quite a good position, but we have still changed how we live and what we spend, we have friends and family that are really starting to feel it now, the sister in law live in a rented house with 3 kids, she’s a doctors receptionist and all her wages go on rent and gas/electric, luckily for her the brother in law has just got out of jail and got straight back into work, something needs to change or a lot of people will end up homeless 

• Like 1

The problem we have is the MRS suffers from COPD and is prone to Bad Chest infections that will normally result in Hospitalisation. Having the heating on virtually 24/7 in the winter is the only way to reduce that risk, So we are in catch 22 so to speak. It almost seams they want to get as many people as possible into Fuel debt, That way they can fit Prepayments meters, This has a few benefits for the supplier as the energy is paid for up front and any debt is also paid off via the meter. I can not see how this is being allowed to happen, 

You need to ring your supplier regular as they will take whatever they can get away with over and above your usage .Ring them and ask them to justify the past months payment and you’ll find they will adjust your monthly payment to suit the usage ,not what they perceive it to be .I reduced our payment 65 notes this month and set the bill at that until further notice .

Do not think you are doing yourself a favour by being in massive credit by paying over the odds as they are happy to take money you arnt spending .Better in your bank than theirs .

• Like 1

No point in me pointing out the injustice of the situation and how public servants : military, health professionals, teachers, firemen, are on the bones of their arses and rationing heating and so on. People assume you are a Marxist and wannabe class warrior. It's nothing to do with that.

The tories need to get real, they've taken the piss for too long. People need a pay rise. The ultra rich and the multi nationals need to pay for it out of taxation. Wealth needs to be taxed. End of. Sunak and Co are just sitting on their hands doing f**k all about the situation. How they expect to win the next election is beyond me. They are incredibly incompetent.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

No point in me pointing out the injustice of the situation and how public servants : military, health professionals, teachers, firemen, are on the bones of their arses and rationing heating and so on. People assume you are a Marxist and wannabe class warrior. It's nothing to do with that.

The tories need to get real, they've taken the piss for too long. People need a pay rise. The ultra rich and the multi nationals need to pay for it out of taxation. Wealth needs to be taxed. End of. Sunak and Co are just sitting on their hands doing f**k all about the situation. How they expect to win the next election is beyond me. They are incredibly incompetent.

Personally I think the 'pay rise' thing is bullshit. They don't need more money they need to change the situation that's causing the problems. When I see a striking nurse calling for a clamp down on mass uncontrolled immigration I might just support their cause.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Why should the people who earn more money be taxed more ?‍♂️

What we need to do is stop giving out all our money to immigrants and the likes .. 

Tax the foreign nationals extra money for working here.

Clamp down on the people who are to lazy to work , if after so long being on the dole you've not found a job cut their benefits to an amount that would encourage them to work.

• Like 4
Just now, Chid said:

Why should the people who earn more money be taxed more ?‍♂️

What we need to do is stop giving out all our money to immigrants and the likes .. 

Tax the foreign nationals extra money for working here.

Clamp down on the people who are to lazy to work , if after so long being on the dole you've not found a job cut their benefits to an amount that would encourage them to work.

Its called universal credit now and it does just that, it also allows them to keep more of the money they earn. However none of that is causing this issue and if you stopped all benefit payments to everybody tomorrow even those in work and claiming benefits of which there are far. far more than those unemployed then you would still not solve the issue indeed you would make it worse, The issues are a wage that has been artificially held down by the use of immigration. The lack of training of our own workers in favour of qualified immigrant workers causing a skills shortage now, The Privatisation of our fuel, water and oil. not to mention the others. Greed will destroy Humanity.  

49 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

You need to ring your supplier regular as they will take whatever they can get away with over and above your usage .Ring them and ask them to justify the past months payment and you’ll find they will adjust your monthly payment to suit the usage ,not what they perceive it to be .I reduced our payment 65 notes this month and set the bill at that until further notice .

Do not think you are doing yourself a favour by being in massive credit by paying over the odds as they are happy to take money you arnt spending .Better in your bank than theirs .

I’m on the lowest possible energy plan from all the suppliers in my area …..my bill tripled . Went from being a month in credit to being a months use in debit , horrendous really