View from your swim part 2

2 hours ago, steve66 said:

Interesting to see a center pin been used, but what’s the rod ? Fancied a set up like that for a bit of roving the local small river 

Youngs barble rod and tf gear avon both get a good work out when catching Stillwater carp.

Trotting a float or free lined bread is when you get the best use from them 

• Like 3

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already looking forward to the warmer weather.

Drove down to the gulf. When I started to release the shark,someone set off a firework display.Good timing lol.    

Posted Images

11 hours ago, steve66 said:

Interesting to see a center pin been used, but what’s the rod ? Fancied a set up like that for a bit of roving the local small river 

I used to use an allcocks centre pin on a Bruce and walker rod when I first started carping years ago the ratchet on the pin was my bite alarm at night 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I used to use an allcocks centre pin on a Bruce and walker rod when I first started carping years ago the ratchet on the pin was my bite alarm at night 

Same here greyman beats the sound of those buzzers, not sure if it's my age but they annoy the fck out of me now. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Chaff said:

how long did he have that on for Gazjon 

i think he deserves a beer for landing that, amazing capture.

Didn't time it but think around 35 mins Chaff, I use the boat to get downstream of them where I can, it usually tires them out quicker. I will offer him a beer but he probably won't take it he's only 14 lol

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, gazjon5 said:

Didn't time it but think around 35 mins Chaff, I use the boat to get downstream of them where I can, it usually tires them out quicker. I will offer him a beer but he probably won't take it he's only 14 lol

well that is the fish of a lifetime for many people a real dinosaur of a fish, superb angling  are you planning more trips would be great to see more.

6 hours ago, Chaff said:

well that is the fish of a lifetime for many people a real dinosaur of a fish, superb angling  are you planning more trips would be great to see more.

I try and get out to the river fraser at least once a year, today was our last day of a 4 day trip. We ended up with 14 sturgeon with my sons been the biggest at 8ft 1. My best was 7ft 6 and my mates best a 6ft 10. We also had a few salmon but wasted a load of time trying for salmon as the run is only just starting. My mate also had an albino which is quite rare. 20230903_063701.jpg.75dd26fd2d0ebed270c931584ff9c897.jpg

20230902_135210.jpg

20230903_141514.jpg

Edited by gazjon5
  • Like 8
On 04/09/2023 at 03:10, gazjon5 said:

I try and get out to the river fraser at least once a year, today was our last day of a 4 day trip. We ended up with 14 sturgeon with my sons been the biggest at 8ft 1. My best was 7ft 6 and my mates best a 6ft 10. We also had a few salmon but wasted a load of time trying for salmon as the run is only just starting. My mate also had an albino which is quite rare. 20230903_063701.jpg.75dd26fd2d0ebed270c931584ff9c897.jpg

20230902_135210.jpg

20230903_141514.jpg

Some beezer fishing there, well done

• Like 1