View from your swim part 2

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already looking forward to the warmer weather.

Drove down to the gulf. When I started to release the shark,someone set off a firework display.Good timing lol.    

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Just dusting off the gear first time out this year, heading up north for another go at catching a catfish Saturday night and see some good old friends for the first time in a 12 month ??

Enjoy mate, hope you catch a 'big cat' fish only kidding ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borr said:

Enjoy mate, hope you catch a 'big cat' fish only kidding ?

Dont really care how big it is mate have three more uk fish to catch, catfish zander and barbel and as I,m on a canal that goes in and out of the river Severn recon the other two will be easy enough when I decide to tick them off, the other big cats as good as in the bag lol 

• Like 2

A little tickle I always do with luncheon meat is to cut in thick slices and fry each side then when cut in cubes you have two hard sides to put the hook through or hair and four sides oozing out flavour ?

9218501D-B55A-4C94-ABCA-F67BBA11553B.jpeg

8F47928C-B364-4741-A08E-A7D8A5B5FACE.jpeg

• Like 2

Bit nostalgic for me today walking of Bolberry Down, cliffs I used to climb down using 200 foot of rope to fish.

The Best Ray marks in the country for Blonde Ray, Small Eyed and Spotted Ray.

P1230182.JPG.2db14fae34c7e52450fb333640ef580e.JPG

The nearest point is a mark me and two mates pioneered back in 1980, one hell of a mark for Ray.

This picture taken from the other direction with a ships boiler. Massive prawns in that boiler as you can walk around it on a spring tide.

P1230164.JPG.d4c476c7236cd9c56f740b17a32bfda0.JPG

The middle point is where the British record Blonde Ray comes from. 

The lads in my club used to swim across a gully to get to it. Was known as the "swim mark". Now the keen boys have bolted a ladder to the cliff and a ladder section to cross the gully. its on you tube somewhere.

P1230180.JPG.95659008acf5002898b0f9537fafeb4b.JPG

The mark I used to fish

P1230178.JPG

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 7
10 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Lost a barbel and another fish that was probably a chub. Both broke off quite quickly after hooking, think they cut off on rocks. Going to try braid instead of nylon perhaps?

PXL_20230701_212747138.jpg

PXL_20230701_204017267.jpg

Get some decent mono for your  hooklinks(Korda IQ or similar)maybe try using some Tungsten rubber tubing or leadcore above your hooklinks with a bufferbead,stop your mainline taking a pasting from your feeder/lead?

DSC_0621.JPG