This is heart breaking

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I lived and grew up in a tiny rural town  as I child I regularly walked the solway firth when the tide was out . I’ve stepped off a large road bridge over 100ft into a river that’s claimed many l

Been watching it half the night mate, not nice to ask these questions but wtf were they doing out on there own one of them is 6 yo ffs ?

Three boys die after falling through ice into Babbs Mill Lake in Solihull NEWS.SKY.COM A search is continuing at the lake - about five miles east of Birmingham city centre - al

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Been watching it half the night mate, not nice to ask these questions but wtf were they doing out on there own one of them is 6 yo ffs ?

I am afraid kids will be kids mate, When i was young we always played on the frozen lakes and canals. The same as trainlines building site`s and numerous other place where we should not have been. Seen kids go through the ice, One killed by a train, a mates brother drowned in the canal and more injuries than i can remember, But its what kids do. you can not keep the wrapped up in cotton wool. 

14 minutes ago, paulus said:

I am afraid kids will be kids mate, When i was young we always played on the frozen lakes and canals. The same as trainlines building site`s and numerous other place where we should not have been. Seen kids go through the ice, One killed by a train, a mates brother drowned in the canal and more injuries than i can remember, But its what kids do. you can not keep the wrapped up in cotton wool. 

Agree upto a point, I was a street rat from an early age but not at 6 years old ?

• Like 5

bollocked my lad 2 days ago ,after over hearing him and his mates had been riding their push bikes across the moat at Caerphilly castle ?...felt abit hypocritical as I used to do I myself...like Greyman said..6 is to young to be out and about without adult supervision imo?

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

bollocked my lad 2 days ago ,after over hearing him and his mates had been riding their push bikes across the moat at Caerphilly castle ?...felt abit hypocritical as I used to do I myself...like Greyman said..6 is to young to be out and about without adult supervision imo?

we use to ride ours along the frozen canal, was ok in general until you went to go under a bridge as the ice was always thinner, Our solution to this was to go faster under bridges ?

I remember chatting to an old guy who had been skating on a frozen river with a friend when he was a boy, the ice had broke and his friend had gone into the water but couldn't get back out, the old guy told me he had skated to the bank to try and get a branch or whatever to reach out, when he got back his friend was gone, they found him downstream during spring-thaw RIP the children ?

IMG_20221212_174510.jpg

• Sad 1

Shocking news must be hell for the parents. We used to smash a hole and flood the pond on top of ice with a bucket of by pushing the ice down to create a wave , then it would freeze double thickness over night but only works on small ponds. Very tragic news so close to xmas