There's been some heavy threads lately, so I went in the loft to find some pics that might lighten things up a bit.

I found some old pics from around 45 years ago when I challenged a Shotokan International Champion to a full contact challenge, and he gave me a good hiding ! ? !

IMG_2121.JPG.e1dbe8bde75c82eec0ba96f00585f1bc.JPG

IMG_2123.JPG.41bc57bc8ccc6b19f9e11c830cca54f2.JPG

IMG_2124.JPG.041df937e10cfeb89e933b29fde9ad67.JPG

IMG_2125.JPG.a759d3b6ca6dfe22c7780ffed6980add.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG.120255d614255e51e0557128d87c63c4.JPG

Sorry about the quality of the pics, but this was way before digital ! ??

Cheers.

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's been some heavy threads lately, so I went in the loft to find some pics that might lighten things up a bit. I found some old pics from around 45 years ago when I challenged a Shotokan Int

All have to start somewhere but all the  training in the world aren't going to give someone the bollocks when the shit hits the fan. Having said that, a little bit of knowledge will usually get people

Just seems like taunting someone who's got learning difficulties to me..... wankers by the sounds of them 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The f****r was 6' 8", my legs didn't get near ?

Cheers.

i loved it the old karate kickboxing taekwondo fighters from your era charts some unbelieveable strikers like dennis alexio from kick-boxer 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i loved it the old karate kickboxing taekwondo fighters from your era charts some unbelieveable strikers like dennis alexio from kick-boxer 

I'd sparred with Kanazawa and Enedo, not sure of the spelling, they obviously took it easy on me, and I got cocky and challenged this guy who taught me a lesson ?

Another lesson in life ?

Cheers.

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Get in close and use the elbows ?

like you said earlier quick in the balls, put most people down. what i will say from experience of doing karate for 3 years, is that good old boxing training  a better defense to use . i got knocked on my arse few times when fighting free style  in the class, you fight 1st and 2nd dans   alot of times . ok they tyr to keep you  at bay, to stop you getting punches in in, but i am near 6ft tall and back then was agile and fast and strong,and my 13 st deff  rocked a few . one fookin 2nd dan was big bully , giving me all macho crap dont look at my belt. well feckin didnt i puched him full force in the chest knoked him back, then booted in the balls, ok we all worse boxes to protect our knackers , but it still hurt, he went down , and  it was stopped  there  fighting. he tried to give me the next time crap, i told him if i see him in the street  , wrap house brick back of his head lol,   he never came the macho crap again, i done bit boxing as kid in w-ton club,  from w-ton one of the hardest lads arond there wnen was growing up very goog boxer. karate ok, but good street fight that fast with his fists  , will take alot of stopping   deff