• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

S                      

One of Britain's leading big cat experts,written books on them and lectures on them, sees them often including females with cubs actually saw this cunningly disguised spacecraft that looks like a camp

But that country also has a massive population of those predators …….

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

16 and half be me normal weight mate but i’m a few stone over but loosing it and going the right way mate ? 

27 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

no mate about 18 and half since i stopped some meds i’ve dropped a few stone a lot was water retention 

16 and half to a few stone over, a few = four, so 20 and half, I was right.

Don't really matter.  As long as your losing weight correctly, you're going the right way.  ?

You boys need to keep walking, gait speed is the best indicator of health/life expectancy, being able to achieve a walking gait speed of over 3 miles per hour is a great predictor of life expectancy over ten years in spite of things like weight, blood pressure, diabetes etc in the elderly. Basically if you want to have a healthy life into your older years keep active.

ps harder to catch if you still got a bit of speed in the legs ??

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, sandymere said:

You boys need to keep walking, gait speed is the best indicator of health/life expectancy, being able to achieve a walking gait speed of over 3 miles per hour is a great predictor of life expectancy over ten years in spite of things like weight, blood pressure, diabetes etc in the elderly. Basically if you want to have a healthy life into your older years keep active.

3 mile an hour I'll do that backuds on me hands wi the wife's grippers on me head 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

If only life was that simple though Sandy, but it isnt, if you are meant to go, go you will, no matter what age

16 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

If only life was that simple though Sandy, but it isnt, if you are meant to go, go you will, no matter what age

A very large cohort of people over 75 were followed, the ability to walk at 3 miles per hour was the best predictor of being alive in 5 years irrespective of all other health problems, including cardiac, stroke, hypertension etc. There are always exceptions to the rule but there is very good evidence that keeping active is the best thing you can do, won't live forever but it will very likely help.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

I walk on average in my job and walking the dog 35 thousand steps a day according to my Garmin watch but can't drop any weight from being 95 kilos and when i try dieting i feel shite and lethargic.

Was at the vets yesterday and jumped on the scales quickly...67 kg? can't get over that with the sort of work I do,when I knock the puff on the head for a few weeks I do start to put it on slowly... heaviest I've ever been was 12 stone 5 pounds ,that was when I was 17 and had been sat in a cell 23 hrs a day for 2 yrs?my brother's and Oldman are lumps,I'm the racing snake of the family...I used to count my steps everyday in work...would average 60/70,000 steps then another 10/12,000 walking the dogs in the evening...I'm not a drinker,never have been,and do try and  eat fairly healthily...maybe I should try eating breakfast in the morning instead of 10/11 oclock? I try and get a protein shake down me after every meal,and before bed,but it don't do seen to do a lot lol??

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Was at the vets yesterday and jumped on the scales quickly...67 kg? can't get over that with the sort of work I do,when I knock the puff on the head for a few weeks I do start to put it on slowly... heaviest I've ever been was 12 stone 5 pounds ,that was when I was 17 and had been sat in a cell 23 hrs a day for 2 yrs?my brother's and Oldman are lumps,I'm the racing snake of the family...I used to count my steps everyday in work...would average 60/70,000 steps then another 10/12,000 walking the dogs in the evening...I'm not a drinker,never have been,and do try and  eat fairly healthily...maybe I should try eating breakfast in the morning instead of 10/11 oclock? I try and get a protein shake down me after every meal,and before bed,but it don't do seen to do a lot lol??

Try adding some peanut butter, liquid eggs, porridge oats, and whatever else you might like to your protein shake

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

It is what it is mate.Im 6ft and weight 12 1/2 st and eat a lot.Heaviest Ive ever been is 13 1/2 when training 5days a week and eating constantly.I walk the dogs for half an hour every morning,Work on site all day putting the young lads to shame at nearly 48 and then walk the dogs for at least an hour every night.The plus side is when I had a medical a couple of years back my blood pressure and cholesterol were perfect even though I eat what I like and smoke rollies all day.Its just my knees,elbow and back giving up on my now from all the years of digging and site work

• Like 1

12 stone, and 6ft 1, i can eat a spud more than a pig, and still remain the same weight, im never still, always on the go both mentally and physically, 3 hrs max sleep per night, my daughter bollocks me fer the way i live, i even stand up eating my meals, its very rare i sit down, i cant help the way i am takes all sorts doesnt it, im just hyped up to the hilt, when i do get my head down, im wondering if im missing summat, and up i get 

• Like 1
  • levigsp changed the title to R