Which 22lr

Gents*

Finally got variation back to get a 22lr (bit late to the party I know!) 

I was pretty decided on brno/cz as not arsed about anything flash. But I've since handled a finnfire 2 & Annie 1710 and really liked both. Both 2nd hand, very similar price. Also seen (but not picked up yet) a 1417. 

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about any? 

Cheers

* and stavross. 

I've had my CZ 452 16 years and i would not part with it. I tweaked the trigger because it was a bit heavy .

I also renewed the extractor claws and bolt spring because the spent cases were not ejecting but it turned

out it was the fault of the winnie subs i was using not the bolt.

I have also just bought a new CZ 457 and also tweaked the trigger. Very good guns for the money.

But i have never shot any other .22 rifles. 

• Like 2

In 22lr a CZ will still be shooting long after you or me have been planted, I had a 1517 walnut thumbhole in 17hmr and found, whilst it was more accurate than i could ever be it needed far more attention to keep its accuracy than the CZ i had in the same calibre. just my observations, some may disagree. 

14 hours ago, paulus said:

In 22lr a CZ will still be shooting long after you or me have been planted, I had a 1517 walnut thumbhole in 17hmr and found, whilst it was more accurate than i could ever be it needed far more attention to keep its accuracy than the CZ i had in the same calibre. just my observations, some may disagree. 

I’ve read that the anschutz .17hmr barrels have a bit tighter bore than most. They are very accurate but consequently probably more susceptible to copper fouling maybe?

38 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I’ve read that the anschutz .17hmr barrels have a bit tighter bore than most. They are very accurate but consequently probably more susceptible to copper fouling maybe?

They are very accurate as its a match barrel However the CZ is more accurate than most shooters will ever be and takes less faffing about to keep its accuracy, it also costs significantly less, But as they say Horses for Course's and all that, 

6 hours ago, paulus said:

They are very accurate as its a match barrel However the CZ is more accurate than most shooters will ever be and takes less faffing about to keep its accuracy, it also costs significantly less, But as they say Horses for Course's and all that, 

Yerr, I have a cz452 in .17hmr, had it for many years?

I cut my teeth on the Anschutz in the target world many years ago, it was such a different gun to the pretty much industry standard Martini at the time.  Beautiful, a joy to hold and shoot, and accurate.    At that time they did little for field use, it was primarily target.   BRNO (CZ) was common for the field and then later on the Sako hunter  turned up and made a real impression.

You will not go wrong with Anschutz, Sako or CZ, whatever floats your boat and whatever you want.      Just the same, as regards field work, I struggle to believe anyone can get better results than their CZ delivers, even with a Sako or Anschutz, and I know several people who still use their old BRNO and are more than happy with its performance.

Good luck whatever you settle on.

:good:

• Like 2