Coyote dogs with a drone

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen 2 single handed coyote lurchers.Both were bred by an Irishman who moved here.Coyote hunting is different in Dixie than Iowa.Its done with a mounted hunt and lurchers are used after the coy

Whatever the reason, that coyote's death was too drawn out. Didn't appreciate the video personally. If you can't kill quarry quickly with dogs....use a rifle.

Nice to watch some dogs running toothed game but I have to tell you mate, those dogs would be in the ground in the UK ! Not looking for an argument just telling you in conversation. I caught

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Popped up on my feed, not really my thing but, figured some here would like it

Nice to watch some dogs running toothed game but I have to tell you mate, those dogs would be in the ground in the UK !

Not looking for an argument just telling you in conversation.

I caught 3 lads on a bit of permission I used to have one night and it was almost the exact same scenario, 3 dogs, none of them with an ounce of guts, nipping in, not wanting to get bitten and basically just torturing the poor f***ing fox……I told them to f**k off and shoot their useless mutts.

Do you know if that’s the standard of dogs for this job over there or what’s the story ?

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, WILF said:

Nice to watch some dogs running toothed game but I have to tell you mate, those dogs would be in the ground in the UK !

Not looking for an argument just telling you in conversation.

I caught 3 lads on a bit of permission I used to have one night and it was almost the exact same scenario, 3 dogs, none of them with an ounce of guts, nipping in, not wanting to get bitten and basically just torturing the poor f***ing fox……I told them to f**k off and shoot their useless mutts.

Do you know if that’s the standard of dogs for this job over there or what’s the story ?

Not 100% to be honest with you. I could ask around if you'd like but honestly most of the dog hunting I've been around and too part in the dogs job wasn't to kill the animal.  

Honestly don't really sit well with me to let the dog to the killing on anything bigger then a rabbit , but that's just my view in the matter. Not really much of a houndsmen at all so that's just the looking in on the matter.

Btw appreciate the conversational manner of the question. 

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 1
Just now, Wolfdog91 said:

Not 100% to be honest with you. I could ask around if you'd like but honestly most of the dog hunting I've been around and too part in the dogs job wasn't to kill the animal.  

Honestly don't really sit well with me to let the dog to the killing on anything bigger then a rabbit , but that's just my view in the matter. Not really much of a houndsmen at all so that's just the looking in on the matter

Well if that’s the standard I understand your feelings about letting dogs kill game ?

As an example this old boy below would have a fox (slightly smaller by a couple of kilos) in 2 pieces in a minute or less single handed.

0ACC8BDC-07B6-424C-976B-B0E1C5E52668.jpeg.3de3de23aed031addc1d701211bfd117.jpeg

Over here most lads wouldn’t tolerate dogs like that for toothed game, contrary to popular belief we ain’t into cruelty ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

Well if that’s the standard I understand your feelings about letting dogs kill game ?

As an example this old boy below would have a fox (slightly smaller by a couple of kilos) in 2 pieces in a minute or less single handed.

Over here most lads wouldn’t tolerate dogs like that for toothed game, contrary to popular belief we ain’t into cruelty ?

Well then again a coyote isn't what I'd consider a easy animal. Iv had my dogs ( just mutts nothing special) kill red fox with little to know probably grabbed the back of their neck and pop. Limp. 

Grey fox and coon... I've seen pitbulls traid to be chat dogs for hogs have a racoons by the throat just rag digging  it and they just plain don't give up the ghost not to ment their like f***ing buzzsaws on steroids when a dog gets on them. Grey fox arnt mush better.

Then coyotes..... Put it to you like this I've talked to trappers who dispatch fox ...by hand let's just say. Their dead in less then five seconds tops. Asked alot of them if they would try it on a coyote most said they tried and their just too tough.  So wouldn't surprise me if a dog would have similar problems.

Well now I'm curious how long would it take a wild hound to take care of a actual wolf ? ??

6 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Well then again a coyote isn't what I'd consider a easy animal. Iv had my dogs ( just mutts nothing special) kill red fox with little to know probably grabbed the back of their neck and pop. Limp. 

Grey fox and coon... I've seen pitbulls traid to be chat dogs for hogs have a racoons by the throat just rag digging  it and they just plain don't give up the ghost not to ment their like f***ing buzzsaws on steroids when a dog gets on them. Grey fox arnt mush better.

Then coyotes..... Put it to you like this I've talked to trappers who dispatch fox ...by hand let's just say. Their dead in less then five seconds tops. Asked alot of them if they would try it on a coyote most said they tried and their just too tough.  So wouldn't surprise me if a dog would have similar problems.

Well now I'm curious how long would it take a wild hound to take care of a actual wolf ? ??

Obviously we have no experience of Coyote, but I know a gutless dog when I see one.

Those dogs in that video are by no means small mate and one in its own should be smashing in and putting that critter away never mind 3, it’s a basic lack of heart…..curs mate I'm sure you would agree.

Theres tougher than fox here too and again, same rules ?

Dint know anything about wolves because there is no comparable scenario for us, but I’d guess they are a rifle job or it’s just wanting to see animals fight ? 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, WILF said:

Obviously we have no experience of Coyote, but I know a gutless dog when I see one.

Those dogs in that video are by no means small mate and one in its own should be smashing in and putting that critter away never mind 3, it’s a basic lack of heart…..curs mate I'm sure you would agree.

Theres tougher than fox here too and again, same rules ?

Dint know anything about wolves because there is no comparable scenario for us, but I’d guess they are a rifle job or it’s just wanting to see animals fight ? 

Well again I'm not much of a houndsmen, so I prefer not to speak on something I know I really don't know much about when it comes to working dogs and the like. 

But I'm not sure , they have wolf hounds and the like bred to hunt wolves historically so ? apparently people still use dogs for wolves but best I can get they just use them to track and bay

hounds_wolves_5.jpg.5b757956ffe00dea49b1b1e9ab60c154.jpg

I mean this is a wolve compared to a coyote so I figure you'd need a rather big dog to killone effectively... Many one of those massive Russian breeds ? 

752579233_images(29).jpeg.088251d78a44be74afd66bd74e2fb39c.jpeg

2 hours ago, WILF said:

youve been in the photo shop