Back stabbing work colleagues

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny enough I was just sat in my van in the car park of a large factory I,m working in having a fag, the receptionist came out to tell me someone had just came in and reported me for smoking on site,

Ive learnt over the yrs not to get to friendly with folks I work with...I tell everyone the same thing..."I'm here to earn money ,not make friends" I'm lucky now,I work for 2 lads who look after me, s

When I got measured up for a protective vest, in  those you had to choose between knife proof or bullet proof, they didn't do vests that protected from both. So when Don, the gay Italian tailor who us

Posted Images

I used to shoot the rabbits at work a 500acre  university  and a female college who used to bring in food for the foxes and birds reported to the health and safety director that whilst she was out having a fag pellets where falling all-round her , They stopped the shooting and i got pulled in for a meeting ,When i got there there was 7 of them sitting round the table and the first question how long you been shooting here 7 years . You just turn up and go shooting ?. who gave you permission ? i pulled out my folder The landscape director did here's my risk assessment insurance  permission  and licences 5 of them got up and walked out they hadn't a clue i had been shooting with permission . I said i have just a few questions of my own  from SACS and if need be i can have a lawyer attend this meeting , they refused to answer my questions . About 3 months later my mate phoned me and said Bob I'm back shooting , i went right to HR and the lady said i was expecting you we now have a company shooting the rabbits , I said pish thats the guy who used to shoot with me and walked out i then got a phone call to see the health and safety director a new guy who would become my boss and he said bob if you can tick all my boxes you can start back shooting the rabbits next set of days off i was back shooting 

She was a lying acholic anti who tried to get me sacked for shooting rabbits it was good though every fortnight we got high 80s and always tried for the ton , and how could pellets be falling all round her with a single shot air rifle . What makes it worse is management knew what she was like and after a student got bitten by a fox looking for food she was told to stop feeding the foxes . Maybe what didn't help was a set a trap under her bird table and caught 30 odd grey squirrels in one weekend they where actually queuing round the cubby to go in LOL 

Ive to start back when the students break up for summer as there's a few rabbits coming back there now but i don't work there anymore  

• Like 2

Yes, really bad experience in my previous role, person below me wanted my job, and would of done anything to get it, this included lies, going out of her way to be awkward, and phone calls to the grant giving organisation! A very toxic atmosphere and a very unpleasant person. Thankfully i got a new job, and i genuinely like my work colleagues, blimey what a difference! 

• Like 1

When I got measured up for a protective vest, in  those you had to choose between knife proof or bullet proof, they didn't do vests that protected from both. So when Don, the gay Italian tailor who used to take your inside leg measurement even if you only wanted a new tie, asked what type I wanted, I aked him if he could make me one that was bullet proof at the front for when I was facing armed robbers and knife proof at the back for when I was facing senior officers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
27 minutes ago, The one said:

I used to shoot the rabbits at work a 500acre  university  and a female college who used to bring in food for the foxes and birds reported to the health and safety director that whilst she was out having a fag pellets where falling all-round her , They stopped the shooting and i got pulled in for a meeting ,When i got there there was 7 of them sitting round the table and the first question how long you been shooting here 7 years . You just turn up and go shooting ?. who gave you permission ? i pulled out my folder The landscape director did here's my risk assessment insurance  permission  and licences 5 of them got up and walked out they hadn't a clue i had been shooting with permission . I said i have just a few questions of my own  from SACS and if need be i can have a lawyer attend this meeting , they refused to answer my questions . About 3 months later my mate phoned me and said Bob I'm back shooting , i went right to HR and the lady said i was expecting you we now have a company shooting the rabbits , I said pish thats the guy who used to shoot with me and walked out i then got a phone call to see the health and safety director a new guy who would become my boss and he said bob if you can tick all my boxes you can start back shooting the rabbits next set of days off i was back shooting 

She was a lying acholic anti who tried to get me sacked for shooting rabbits it was good though every fortnight we got high 80s and always tried for the ton , and how could pellets be falling all round her with a single shot air rifle . What makes it worse is management knew what she was like and after a student got bitten by a fox looking for food she was told to stop feeding the foxes . Maybe what didn't help was a set a trap under her bird table and caught 30 odd grey squirrels in one weekend they where actually queuing round the cubby to go in LOL 

Ive to start back when the students break up for summer as there's a few rabbits coming back there now but i don't work there anymore  

There are so many c**ts about 

Luckily I have never been in a proper job, but I have experience of excuse makers and arse covered in the work I did do.

I always felt that a general unwillingness to have a confrontation and say things out loud as soon as they become “a thing” made these matters worse.

As I said, never had a proper job as such, but I listen to my daughters and I say “Why didn’t you just say something then ?” and it’s all “Oh, no, you can’t do that” 

What I tell them is this:

that’s how these people get away with it !………

You have to lance boils early, in your business, your job or your life…..leaving stuff is bad and sometimes an old fashioned “f**k off” don’t hurt either 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Aled said:

Yes, really bad experience in my previous role, person below me wanted my job, and would of done anything to get it, this included lies, going out of her way to be awkward, and phone calls to the grant giving organisation! A very toxic atmosphere and a very unpleasant person. Thankfully i got a new job, and i genuinely like my work colleagues, blimey what a difference! 

Good move ?

Never until I took on my current role/employment 5 months ago. A lack of clarity and structure from the director level has led to it imo. Fortunately though I have their support so you just roll with it. Most of it can be dealt with by simply confronting it. Part of the reason for my employment was to be a part of changing that culture but it's a slow stressful process.

If they were a pack of hounds I reckon the huntsman would be using his pistol a lot.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dai dogs said:

Any experience’s on Title ? 

Funny enough I was just sat in my van in the car park of a large factory I,m working in having a fag, the receptionist came out to tell me someone had just came in and reported me for smoking on site, told her I don’t smoke and asked her to point out my accuser which she declined to do, I would happily loose the job to bitch slap someone like that, but sadly it’s a situation that’s been encouraged for years and these people are actually held in some regard were as they should be burned out there homes 

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, WILF said:

Luckily I have never been in a proper job, but I have experience of excuse makers and arse covered in the work I did do.

I always felt that a general unwillingness to have a confrontation and say things out loud as soon as they become “a thing” made these matters worse.

As I said, never had a proper job as such, but I listen to my daughters and I say “Why didn’t you just say something then ?” and it’s all “Oh, no, you can’t do that” 

What I tell them is this:

that’s how these people get away with it !………

You have to lance boils early, in your business, your job or your life…..leaving stuff is bad and sometimes an old fashioned “f**k off” don’t hurt either 

Got to be careful these days mate, so much law protecting employees from frankly anything. Language can be considered gross misconduct. Facing the 'problem' with understanding and communication, and if necessary plain and straightforward language, though isn't illegal, yet.

• Like 3

Only had one job where I actually enjoyed going in and that was down to the blokes I worked with, 35years on I still keep in contact with them even been best man and witness to 2 of their marriages. 

Since then I have had more jobs than you can throw a stick at and each one has had at least one or two people who are just nasty individuals. As I've got older I've learnt to ignore them and do my own thing the bizarre thing is they very rarely gain anything from it.

5 years in my current job as a Opps Manager in a small company and I still have blokes, who should no better, stabbing their colleagues in the back. As sad as it is I've come to accept its just how society and people are now.    

• Like 2

I worked for an engineering company for less than a year, the place was rife with snides!

The storeman, an aggressive and surly jock went out of his way to piss me off, until one day I went to the stores window, he said something like" what the f**k do you want ", I said I want to see you in the carpark, he said "what for", I said because I'm going to beat the f**k out of you and leave you crying on the floor in a pool of your own blood, piss and shite !

He went running to the boss who said he could sack me for my behaviour. I said don't bother, put my gear in my motor, drove off and never looked back.

When I worked in the Middle East, it was a completely different story, we had our fights and arguments, but allways had each other's backs ?

Cheers.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I worked for an engineering company for less than a year, the place was rife with snides!

The storeman, an aggressive and surly jock went out of his way to piss me off, until one day I went to the stores window, he said something like" what the f**k do you want ", I said I want to see you in the carpark, he said "what for", I said because I'm going to beat the f**k out of you and leave you crying on the floor in a pool of your own blood, piss and shite !

He went running to the boss who said he could sack me for my behaviour. I said don't bother, put my gear in my motor, drove off and never looked back.

When I worked in the Middle East, it was a completely different story, we had our fights and arguments, but allways had each other's backs ?

Cheers.

f***ing he’ll that’s me down to a T I’ve lost the head so many times with bellends of foremen I’ve lost count ?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Got to be careful these days mate, so much law protecting employees from frankly anything. Language can be considered gross misconduct. Facing the 'problem' with understanding and communication, and if necessary plain and straightforward language, though isn't illegal, yet.

I cleared out a big UK insurer years ago, did all their branches right round the country.

Anyway, we had a couple to do in Sheffield and Leeds and they wanted something dropped off in Telford…..so me and the lads drive to Leeds clear that, finish about 7pm, drive to Sheffield and do that and finish about 2am….close up the back of the motor and drive straight to Telford. 

Got to Telford about 6am, totally rinsed because we had been on the go nearly 24 hours and park at the place…..about 7 some bloke comes along so I jump out thinking, get this off and be on our bike home.

Tell him the story about we have a drop for so & so etc 

“Nobody is here until 9” says matey……

Great, but fair enough go and get a sandwich and wait….go back in to reception at 9 and ask for Mr X (can’t remember his name after all these years) 

“Certainly, I’ll just call him” says the nice girl behind the ramp !

Out comes this bloke and who is it?….only the same geezer I’d seen at 7 !

So now I have the right f***ing zig and he directs us round to their store warehouse.

”Before you unload, I want all that stuff in there moved about” says matey…..

”Nope” says me, my lads are starting to grin because they know I have the hump anyway.

”Well you have to” says a very condescending matey

”No, I’m only here to drop this off and we have been working all night” says me

”Well, you won’t get paid!” Says matey in a very snotty voice.

Now I just snap, “Listen you rude little c**t, here’s some news…I don’t want to get f***ing paid move it yourself !” 

His face was a picture, what he didn’t know was I was already 2 grand in profit on the night and the extra 300 that cost me, which incidentally was one of the best 300 quids I have ever spent just to see the look on his face, I just knocked off what I gave them for the kit out of the next branch ! Lol 

f**k these people, can’t let them get away with it mate ;) 

• Like 5