Cornwall trip

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a little getaway with family...    

Had a nice few days at St Ives last week, sun shone most of the time, but sadly we caught no Bass. 

Posted Images

Yeah my brother phoned me and told me mate. 
Everyone from up there who came to visit us was required to bring me some pork pies ?.I used to wait for them to come out of the oven on Monday mornings and eat two sat in the van while they were still hot  

Hopefully someone will carry on with them.  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, robbo said:

Yeah my brother phoned me and told me mate. 
Everyone from up there who came to visit us was required to bring me some pork pies ?.I used to wait for them to come out of the oven on Monday mornings and eat two sat in the van while they were still hot  

Hopefully someone will carry on with them.  

Love them fresh out the oven mate 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Arry said:

I like jam before the Cream mate. Thats all a load of bollocks about Devon doing it one way and Cornish doing it another every man to his own.

Barnecutts are really nice Pasties I will give you that as well. A pasty has to be fresh you don't know what your getting with Ginsters cheap shit.

Cheers Arry

Is that Barnecutts in Portreath Arry?? I'm down that way next week. I'm a sucker for a proper old school pastie. 

Like D said.. best seem to be from your little independent butchers/ bakers. The mass produced ones are just crap. One here from Dartmouth.. i can't actually remember the shop though! lol. Scoffrd it on the beach a Beesands.. ?

IMG-20220729-WA0006.jpg.cfce98af4a206be7f694d41e0c831d25.jpg

• Like 2

On 30/07/2022 at 12:36, NEWKID said:

It's a lot quieter after the school holidays mate, the sea temperature is at its heighest at that time of year so real comfortable swimming in the sea... you normally get warm days and you aren't in the crowds... some of the villages get swamped with tourists and lose their appeal a little, it goes back to being old Devon and Cornwall a little more once the hoards of tourists are gone... 

Let me know if your heading down anytime, I'll treat you to a cuppa on the way through...

Will do good man :thumbs:....i have a distant relation down Redruth way so spent a few days knocking about Porthtowan beech and Port something else i forget now....always fancied a look at The Scilly Isles is that worth doing ?....nice looking beeches etc.

14 hours ago, fireman said:

When i lived in Cornwall 30 odd years ago there was a pastie shop in Looe that sold the best pasties i ever had,big old lumps of beef and no fecking air gap between filling and pastry. Used to do a bit of long netting around that area and St Austell way,do miss the place still and am trying to get this lorry sorted for a week away down there end of the month..

I remember being down that way and walking out of a shop with a Lamb & Mint Sauce Pastie ?....seemed a f****n bizarre thing to be eating but tasty enough.....seems like they'll sling just about anything in a pastie.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

The Lost Gardens of Heligan is a nice place to visit if down here ?

This place i found to be much better it’s even got a little beach on the Helford passage I visit there when I stay just outside Constantine.

WWW.TREBAHGARDEN.CO.UK

Trebah Garden is a sub-tropical paradise with a stunning coastal backdrop. One of the Great Gardens of Cornwall and rated among the 80 finest gardens in the world.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Is that Barnecutts in Portreath Arry?? I'm down that way next week. I'm a sucker for a proper old school pastie. 

Like D said.. best seem to be from your little independent butchers/ bakers. The mass produced ones are just crap. One here from Dartmouth.. i can't actually remember the shop though! lol. Scoffrd it on the beach a Beesands.. ?

No it's Portreath bakeries, opposite the Portreath arms pub.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Will do good man :thumbs:....i have a distant relation down Redruth way so spent a few days knocking about Porthtowan beech and Port something else i forget now....always fancied a look at The Scilly Isles is that worth doing ?....nice looking beeches etc.

Scilly's is really good for chilling out, Tresco gardens are amazing and boat trips to the other off islands are really interesting but there's not much, if anything to do if it's raining lol.

A 3/4 day stay is probably enough tbh if your used to "doing stuff".

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Scilly's is really good for chilling out, Tresco gardens are amazing and boat trips to the other off islands are really interesting but there's not much, if anything to do if it's raining lol.

A 3/4 day stay is probably enough tbh if your used to "doing stuff".

Cheers, D.

I bet going there with a kayak would be brilliant. I really fancy it tbh. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

No mate pretty sure it's Wadebridge.

Be fishing Slapton Sands tonight if your about mate the Monument thats the middle car park or Street gate end thats the Dartmouth end.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Arry said:

No mate pretty sure it's Wadebridge.

Be fishing Slapton Sands tonight if your about mate the Monument thats the middle car park or Street gate end thats the Dartmouth end.

Cheers Arry

? I'll be checking Wadebridge out then mate.. see if can hunt a decent pasty out!

I know the spot at Slapton Arry, been a few times and we stayed at the camping and caravan site at the back there a few years ago but I'm bit further down the road at the mo in Dorset until Saturday then we move on down to Cornwall for a week. I would have popped down to see you otherwise matey.. would have been nice that..?

• Like 1
On 01/08/2022 at 13:57, Born Hunter said:

£60 for 5 nights camping in September.... :hmm:

Have hire one though mate, unless you want to spend £££s shipping it over first on the Gri Maritha 

Cheers, D.