Gave my notice today ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 7 years of mind numbing call centre work I've finally took the plunge to go fully self employed bait collecting. The place was slowly eating away at my soul

Hamster ,good luck to you ,but don't send that letter mate ,you never know ,sometime in the future you may need a reference off these people ,,burning your bridges is not a good long term strategy .

Just rowing with my boss for months  Exactly mate, that's what I thought tbh. I've been talking about it for about 2/3 years and now finally in a position to do it Yeah plenty of

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Sometimes you've just got to burn those bridges - I f***ing blew it to bits when I left my last job and, it felt great...... Sometimes enough is enough and, you just have to give those shithouses both barrels :yes:

Now I'm in a job that I really enjoy and, I make more money.

Good luck mate :good:

I'm not fussed if I make less money tbh just wanted out of there.

Cheers mate

10 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

If you despise the job burning a bridge to it can be good . In 5 years time im your new venture isnt going to good you may end up drifting back to the old job forgetting the real shit times there. At least now theirs no chance of that 

I'd never thought of it like that but they'd probably still have me back ?

37 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

I reckon burning a shit bridge is a good thing I’d expect he d never go back even if totally desperate.sometimes these arseholes need to know the truth.

You're right I won't be going back.

5 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Southams I genuinely wish you all the best on your new venture. Live life mate  we only get one. 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, king said:

Well done shh..sounds like you've got it all worked out mate..

Good luck for the future ?

Fingers crossed mate ? 

28 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Good luck to you fellah?

I've gone down many roads in my life, frequently wrong ones,..?

BUT,.. ya gotta walk your own path, and what will be, will be...?

Cheers phil

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

I reckon burning a shit bridge is a good thing I’d expect he d never go back even if totally desperate.sometimes these arseholes need to know the truth.

I suppose you are right my hod carrying career ended in my 30s when i dropped a cant of a sight manager who was later sacked himself after it got out his wife divorced him as it turned out he had been fiddling with his own daughter so no regrets on that one.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

After 7 years of mind numbing call centre work I've finally took the plunge to go fully self employed bait collecting. The place was slowly eating away at my soul

20220601_182127.jpg

20220601_182228.jpg

FLMAO!

One of the best I’ve ever seen ???

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

posted it an ran  off ? 

I would’ve handed that in person. I quit one job here by telling the boss he was the worst gay I’ve ever seen lol. To be fair, I quit correctly and then said that as a parting shot ?

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, mushroom said:

I would’ve handed that in person. I quit one job here by telling the boss he was the worst gay I’ve ever seen lol. To be fair, I quit correctly and then said that as a parting shot ?

I did give it in person mate

6 hours ago, terryd said:

Good luck with it I can't imagine it being easy as the weather is going to play a big part. But it will sure beat the daily trudge of your previous job. 

Cheers. Wind is the only real factor tbh