Some headstone

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im no marble sculptor mate ive no idea if its good,bad or indifferent but as someone mentioned earlier to have it in a public cemetery feet away from where others might want to sit in quiet reflection

Council's can sometimes be a bit on the officious side ,a bit small minded ,BUT there is a difference between insisting wind chimes are removed or getting letters warning about too many teddy bears on

It annoys me when councils decide what's tasteful or not in cemeteries. Its a matter of personal choice. f**k all to do with petty officials. One man's tackiness is another man's good taste.  Not

Posted Images

On 22/03/2022 at 17:44, mackem said:

When I lived in a caravan we found the lecky, chased the pavement out ran the wire and tarmaced over it, I was just thinking where did they get the power for the Duke box then I read its solar powered ?

I lived in a caravan myself for a couple of years, at 16 I moved on my own down south and got a job doing the bird control on airfields and landfill sites. Lived in a couple of caravans with my hawks falcons ferrets and dogs. It was a harsh life with no money and in winter, but was happy as a pig in sh1t. To this day my sister said  it made me feral lol. 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

I lived in a caravan myself for a couple of years, at 16 I moved on my own down south and got a job doing the bird control on airfields and landfill sites. Lived in a couple of caravans with my hawks falcons ferrets and dogs. It was a harsh life with no money and in winter, but was happy as a pig in sh1t. To this day my sister said  it made me feral lol. 

I did exactly the same, we found a caravan on a caravan park one dark winters night when the park had closed for the winter,left the north-east and headed south and parked it up on the Isle of dogs appropriately enough, built a kennel and run for the lurchers in the street (I kid you not), people back then didn't even bat an eyelid, had some good times till the caravan burnt to the ground and I left the UK. 

Nowadays the idea of nicking and later torching a caravan wouldn't even enter my head, but I was diagnosed as a sociopath at a later date (which still surprises me) and I think the lads I was with had similar.... 

moral_compass1-hellemanworld-blogspot-com.gif

• Thanks 2

F**king solar powered jukebox. That'll be nice for other mourners having to listen to Rock n Roll,Country and western and Johny Cash that apparently is all you can listen too if your a gypsie.Listen to anything else and you must be half a gorger bred.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Went their in 1980 mate found it a great town tbh and good pike fishing down from the weir it must have changed a lot by the sounds of it.

Nah, it’s alright mate, im just kidding about.

Its no Westport but it’s ok ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Nah, it’s alright mate, im just kidding about.

Its no Westport but it’s ok ?

I'm sure I've been hunting in West Port, we met at a little bar over looking a harbour or tidal River. Think it was the North Galway hounds 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm sure I've been hunting in West Port, we met at a little bar over looking a harbour or tidal River. Think it was the North Galway hounds 

Sounds about right mate ?

17 hours ago, mackem said:

I did exactly the same, we found a caravan on a caravan park one dark winters night when the park had closed for the winter,left the north-east and headed south and parked it up on the Isle of dogs appropriately enough, built a kennel and run for the lurchers in the street (I kid you not), people back then didn't even bat an eyelid, had some good times till the caravan burnt to the ground and I left the UK. 

Nowadays the idea of nicking and later torching a caravan wouldn't even enter my head, but I was diagnosed as a sociopath at a later date (which still surprises me) and I think the lads I was with had similar.... 

moral_compass1-hellemanworld-blogspot-com.gif

Some of the best days in my life living in that run down smelly old caravan. I remember there was a big hole in the floor right between your feet when you sat on the bog in winter were the toilet had leaked and rotted the floor. Used to wash all my clothes in the tiny sink with the kettle as hot water. Sat watching telly in winter in a sleeping bag, it was very character building at 16. But I had  loads of fun on land to fly the hawks ferret and work the dogs on. I remember ferreting and also rook  hawking out the hood on Marlborough downs. Also watched  a Merlin lark hawking on the airbase with the ringing flight up of the larks. I remember the day we decided to do the ton ferreting on RAF Fairford,  but we got to 37 and all got fed up lol and called it day. Had a good time darn sarf with my p***y lifestyle my sister called it. A far cry from all the kids today Sat in there bedrooms glued to console's and social media.  

• Like 7
14 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

No and I doubt it will the man's widow is threatening the council with riots if they are made to take it down. 

She's also calling it racist to take it down .watch her go down that route if it goes to court

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Leo Sayer said:

Some of the best days in my life living in that run down smelly old caravan. I remember there was a big hole in the floor right between your feet when you sat on the bog in winter were the toilet had leaked and rotted the floor. Used to wash all my clothes in the tiny sink with the kettle as hot water. Sat watching telly in winter in a sleeping bag, it was very character building at 16. But I had  loads of fun on land to fly the hawks ferret and work the dogs on. I remember ferreting and also rook  hawking out the hood on Marlborough downs. Also watched  a Merlin lark hawking on the airbase with the ringing flight up of the larks. I remember the day we decided to do the ton ferreting on RAF Fairford,  but we got to 37 and all got fed up lol and called it day. Had a good time darn sarf with my p***y lifestyle my sister called it. A far cry from all the kids today Sat in there bedrooms glued to console's and social media.  

Some old pics of my time down there 

20220327_094427.jpg

20220327_094531.jpg

20220327_094458.jpg

20220327_094403.jpg

• Like 4