Kickboxing equipment

2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

All my gear is safely stored back home in my mum’s loft, I’d be gutted to lose it. The blood, sweat and tears I spent in that gear, just makes it part of you ;)

I burst a pair of gloves 2 years that I’d had since I was 15, twins red ones so I had a little touch before Xmas last year and got new ones altogether . 

We had some money thrown at us at my last place as MT and BJJ / Judo is growing in stature in the army so have loads of rashguards and shorts and a gi as part of works token “ this will keep you out of trouble , have this “ answer ??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly mate , I have a bag bracket , a Lonsdale bag that’s light enough to take off and take inside but it’s f***ing pink !!?? both like new , I moved over lockdown and I’m moving again in summ

The best gloves I’ve seen were made by wrapping rope around your hands, dipping the front of them in glue and then pressing them into broken glass 

I don’t want out for them like 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

My lads shorts are 100+ quid a pair☹️ Gloves are anywhere between 20 and skys your limit but my lad likes to use his own gloves for everything but then if he bouts he needs to use the aba approved ones I think an they are adidas ones, think they cheaper about 50/70 so he intends to get them fkr his next pair so, but it can get pricey buying the kit fkr boxing an I got 3 lads at it now, can’t imagine kick boxing any cheaper, best of luck to your lad, keep him at it, no matter how much iv spent or how many hours iv spent taking them trains or going to bouts or supporting there pals, I still wouldn’t change it, you’ll prob end uk at with him, I had to start getting fit a few years back to keep up with mine ??

It’s not cheaper mate, par expensive ;)

Edited to add: if they are into Judo, I might be able to help them along ?

Edited by mushroom
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I burst a pair of gloves 2 years that I’d had since I was 15, twins red ones so I had a little touch before Xmas last year and got new ones altogether . 

We had some money thrown at us at my last place as MT and BJJ / Judo is growing in stature in the army so have loads of rashguards and shorts and a gi as part of works token “ this will keep you out of trouble , have this “ answer ??

Judo makes me very nostalgic as to what I could have achieved mate ;) Bloody kills me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

We went glove shopping an there was some right snazzy fcukers, but there was a pair a twins (130 quid I’m sure so not a bad price considering) an I wanted to buy them an j don’t even need gloves, they just looked an felt like summat different, my lad didn’t agree an bought a diff pair, loser, they were magic gloves I swear on it ?

Whatever you buy, for training cut the thumbs out ;)

If your using it though , you better off not buying cheap , to buy twice , proper branded gear costs , the likes of yokkoa  are a bit above twins and sandee but at the level I’m at , does it matter ? not greatly , but a lot of gyns are good about having your own . 

there’s nothing worse than having someone’s else’s gloves on etc , you don’t need to go full on after a week , but if your doing something it’s an investment , get the best stuff you can afford . 

Venum stuff is good but I think it’s gone up in price as they’ve taken over the ufc gear deal , ringhorn gloves are decent for the price …

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

If your using it though , you better off not buying cheap , to buy twice , proper branded gear costs , the likes of yokkoa  are a bit above twins and sandee but at the level I’m at , does it matter ? not greatly , but a lot of gyns are good about having your own . 

there’s nothing worse than having someone’s else’s gloves on etc , you don’t need to go full on after a week , but if your doing something it’s an investment , get the best stuff you can afford . 

Venum stuff is good but I think it’s gone up in price as they’ve taken over the ufc gear deal , ringhorn gloves are decent for the price …

No one wears my gloves, ever! ?

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Get your lad on suzie wong site an he can design his own shorts, my lad got a few pairs with his name on an that, the prices are awrite aswell considering what they are, prob shops that do jist kick boxing ones similar but we used suzi ?

SUZIWONG.CO.UK

Suzi Wong has been the top choice for Handmade British Custom Boxing Shorts and Fightwear for...

But whatever you do "don't fcuk with the wongs." ??

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Three years ago Was getting two sessions a week judo , two bjj, two MT 

free and in work time ???

amazing 

Brian Moore is my best mates dad, I trained with him as a kid and I was to put lightly pretty good. Messed it all up with girls and generally fuckery ?‍♂️
One of the team was Sophie Cox….. I really made an error in judgment ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Gloves i bought him have the thumbs cut out but my daughters have thumbs on . Whats the reason for having thumbs off

It’s to do with mobility of the hand and having the free movement…. So I was taught ?‍♂️?

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

One for boxing an one for mma ain’t it? I think ??

boxing and muay thai similar gloves but muay thai more rounded padding bit more flexible in the wrist they still have thumbs 

thumbless are more mma as you said 

1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

The best gloves I’ve seen were made by wrapping rope around your hands, dipping the front of them in glue and then pressing them into broken glass 

Hot Shots Part Deux? ?