Kickboxing equipment

12 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Competed once, had a right shin injury, and a deadened left thigh from preparations, got stopped with a knee to the cream crackers, Square bar Manchester

I will add, it doesn't matter how physically good or well prepared you are, if you aren't mentally strong enough or cut out for a sport as hard as this, it is as well to realise it, and either enjoy it as a keep fit, self defence form of exercise, or look elsewhere, when Toddy came over he was teaching Taekwondo as he thought nobody would want muay Thai until a few students started asking, it's very hard, and takes total commitment to acquire the necessary attributes

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly mate , I have a bag bracket , a Lonsdale bag that’s light enough to take off and take inside but it’s f***ing pink !!?? both like new , I moved over lockdown and I’m moving again in summ

The best gloves I’ve seen were made by wrapping rope around your hands, dipping the front of them in glue and then pressing them into broken glass 

I don’t want out for them like 

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Francie said:

The notorious master a? Lol

Did you compete lpd an do you still train?

Bit busy with other things at the minute mate, but I'm hoping to sort some short training routines out for myself, just for a bit of exercise, and well being Thai, and eskrima stuff

12 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Bit busy with other things at the minute mate, but I'm hoping to sort some short training routines out for myself, just for a bit of exercise, and well being Thai, and eskrima stuff

Goodstuff lpd,I really love muay tai,was into k1 all my life then I came across muay tai,the gameness an heart an grit to be a at the top of muay tai is really impressive an awe inspiring,truly hard b*****ds lol

What routines you thinking off?

9 minutes ago, Francie said:

Goodstuff lpd,I really love muay tai,was into k1 all my life then I came across muay tai,the gameness an heart an grit to be a at the top of muay tai is really impressive an awe inspiring,truly hard b*****ds lol

What routines you thinking off?

Had some training with fella at 1.20, he done his grading with a pair of  nunchaku in each hand modest as they come, was thinking of some elbow, and open hand stuff, ridge hand, triangle bone etc on a reaction ball, some body weight exercises etc, then build up from there

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Had some training with fella at 1.20, he done his grading with a pair of  nunchaku in each hand modest as they come, was thinking of some elbow, and open hand stuff, ridge hand, triangle bone etc on a reaction ball, some body weight exercises etc, then build up from there

Fairplay lpd,what is a reaction ball?

Are you anygood with the chucks?

Edited by Francie
13 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Floor to ceiling ball, but smaller good for diagonal elbow uppercuts, triangle bone, naughty stuff lol

Ahhh I get you know,sharpen up the reflexes mate lol

elbows are addictive lol

Check out johnathon haggerty from England,you probably already know of him,he's deadly with elbows

Haggerty v lasiri he hits him with a couple cracking elbows,it's on one championship free on youtube lpd?

Just now, low plains drifter said:

Never trained with the chucks

Have seen couple of quiet lads who were naughty with them, I learned knife, stick and trapping, all very interesting mixed with the muay thai

I tell you what lpd I wouldn't like to stumble across you on a dark night up in your wee paradise lol

2 minutes ago, Francie said:

Ahhh I get you know,sharpen up the reflexes mate lol

elbows are addictive lol

Check out johnathon haggerty from England,you probably already know of him,he's deadly with elbows

Haggerty v lasiri he hits him with a couple cracking elbows,it's on one championship free on youtube lpd?

Very good variety of exercise for fitness the muay thai, don't get that with the eskrima, but it's all enjoyable

• Like 1